Chapter 4: Help?

When I woke up I couldn't move. My whole body ached and I was struggling to breathe. When I looked down at my hands I realized they were handcuffed to my bed. Then Josh came out. "I didn't trust you, so I handcuffed you to the bed. You'll stay like that the whole day, so if anyone does knock on the door you can't open it." He said. "But what about food." I managed to say between strangled breaths. "I'll feed you when I get home, but that's at 10:00pm so you'll have to deal with it." He said walking into the kitchen. I heard the keys rustle, a quiet goodbye, and the slam of the door.I need to get, I thought. But I can't move. My whole body hurts and I feel like I have broken bones. I'll just rest a hope the pain succumbs.

RICK'S P.O.V."

Kate called in sick today." said Espo. "Yeah, she probably has the stomach flu." Said Ryan walking up behind me. "Do you guys actually buy this?" I say clearly annoyed that they don't suspect anything. "Dude, chill." says Espo placing a hand on my shoulder. "I can't I need to know who did this. She needs help, but she won't admit it," I say, "I'm going to go over to her house and try to get her to talk to me." "Woah, buddy ya can't just leave work." Ryan says. "But technically I don't I work here so ha!" I said running to the elevator.

Once I reached Beckett's apartment I assumed that Josh had already talked to her. I also figured that he would be at work so Beckett would be alone. She probably needed company. When my car drove into the parking spot I got this weird feeling in my stomach which told me to try and hurry. So I did. When I got off the elevator I hurried to her door. I knocked. There was no answer. I tried again. "Beckett?" I said, "Are you there. I was now worried. I pounded on her door. "Kate! Hello? Are you there? Do you need help? Beckett?!" I was now screaming. "Castle," I heard a voice say faintly. I knew it was Kate. She talked again. "Help." I then gathered all of my strength and pounded her door in.

KATE'S P.O.V.

I heard knocking at the door. I heard a voice. Castle. I tried to call out but I couldn't. No voice came. He got louder. My voice still wouldn't work. Then my voice finally came through. I called out, "Castle...help." Then I heard a crash. My door. It took him a while to find me but eventually he did. "Kate." I heard him say. His eyes were stunned. The sight of me beaten and broken, handcuffed to a bed. "Kate." he said once more. I was done hiding my feelings, I wanted help. I needed Castle.I gave him a look with plea and he rushed to my aid. "Where's the key?" Castle said. "I don't know," I said with a raspy voice. "There's an extra pair in my vault. It's in my closet. The code is 472316. I can trust you with that right?" "Always." he said.

That made me blush. He saw it and smiled saying "It's good to see you smile again...and blush." He added with a smile. He then went over to my closet and opened the safe, grabbing the key, he then came over a unlocked me. "Thanks." I whispered. He just smiled.He then helped me into the living room, but halfway through I couldn't walk anymore so I fell. "I'm so sorry." I said starting to cry. "No no, don't cry. I lo- it's ok." He said wiping the tears from my cheek. And cupping my cheek with his soft and gentle hands. I just stared at him, deep into his ocean blue eyes, I drowned. I was brought back to reality by his kind voice. "Do you want to get up now, or just stare at me?" He said chuckling. I blushed. I felt my cheeks turn hot. "Sure, let's get up." I said. He said "Ok." He then helped me stand, but I was brought back down by the pain commandeering my body. He saw my struggle and picked me up.

There was still pain in my probably broken ribs, but it helped. He then sat me down on the couch, and then sat next to me."So..." he said. I knew it. "Josh." I breathed out. "I knew it! That bastard! He's gonna get it." Castle said pounding his fist to an open palm. "No please!" I whined. "He's way stronger than he looks. And Castle if you care about me at all just please don't do this." He saw my eyes. "Ok, but he's going to go to jail." Castle said. "Thank you." I said. "Oh, and Beckett, this does mean your not in a relationship with him anymore right?" "Of course," I said, "What kind of a question is that?" "I don't know," he said, "But can we fix you up, you're all bloody, and I can't stand to see the world's most perfect person being hurt," he stroked my face, "I assume you also have some broken bones." "Yeah," I said, "And you really think I'm beautiful?" "The most." "Thank you. I-I, uh nevermind." I said.Why couldn't I just it, I thought. It's just three simple words. I love you.

He then helped me up and he walked to the bathroom, where I hopped up on the counter, and he rinsed a warm rag, and gently placed it on my face, cleaning my wounds, and giving me hope. Once he was done I took off my shirt. He gave me a look, of what-are-you-doing, and oh-my-gosh-what-happened. The bruises and cuts might be too much for him, but he wasn't a runner. He would fix me, he would put me back together. He would be my glue."Please." I say. "But Beckett..." He stuttered. "I don't care," I retorted, "Just fix me." "Ok." he said, slowly reaching toward my chest and stomach. He dragged the rag along my body, washing away the blood. Once he was done he leaned closer to me. I copied his movements and moved closer.

I could feel his breath on my face. We were inches, centimeters away, when I had to ruin the moment and slip in the sink. I cried in pain, for my body was bending into the sink and my bruises were scraping the faucet. "I am so sorry." Castle said trying to help me out. "It's no problem, I promise." I said. He just smiled which made me blush.He then helped me put on my shirt and we walked to the kitchen. "Castle, I'm scared." I said struggling to walk. "It's alright he won't hu-." I interrupted him. "No not that," I said, "It's just...the memories I have here...they're not good. They make me scared." I started to cry, but then fell. Once I hit the ground Castle was there to catch me, before my fall injured all of my body. "It's ok," he said, then he made me look at him, "Hey, Beckett I know, but I'm here now, and I'm never going to leave you. Now let's go catch this son of a bitch...but first let's get you to a hospital. Let's go find that glue."

I'll make Caskett after I create more problems...

- k