4. Meet Again

Emilia Santana

Dillion and Emilia strolled back to her family, both drained of energy and tired of the nights events. Between dealing with the Ivanov's and the constant stares, Emilia grew tired of her first appearance but it seemed she would have to sustain herself as a large group were spotted at her fathers table, greeting them. 'Who is that?' Emilia whispered to Dillion, her arm linked into his. Emilia loved how much she trusted Dillion, maybe it was the familiarity of him, remembering him from when she was younger or his consistent care and concern for her that completely went outside his duty as capo.

'They are the Valetti family. They have control of the Italian Organisation.' Dillion said, bringing his arm in closer, to make sure the girl felt safe. 'Is my father... smiling at him?' she asked again, shocked to see her father show a moment of emotion outside of rage and annoyance tonight. 'The Valetti's and Santana's have had a long lived truce for about 50 years now, they are allies' Dillion educated, letting Emilia in on some more details. 'Aah, princessa! Please meet Don Stefano Valetti and his son Lorenzo Valetti' said Andres, his hand taking hers and leading her towards the two tall men in front of him. 'Miss Emilia, it's a pleasure to meet you' greeted Stefano Valetti. He was tall and handsome despite a few minor wrinkles and smile lines but she could hardly concentrate on him.

Her attention was completely taken by those clouded eyes she was warped into earlier, 'Miss Emilia, great to meet you' he said, his mouth repeating its actions from before, falling delicately to her hand and kissing it. With her hand still in his she replied to the both of them, 'It is great to meet you both' she breathed, completely taken back by the both of them. Their presence omitted the darkest yet enticing air. She knew she could keep away but the pull in her stomach could hardly stop her from studying the man before her. 'Stefano, tell them to bring your table closer' Andres ordered, waving his hands towards the balls staff so they could fulfill his wish

Emilia fell to her seat, eyeing how her brothers and father interacted with the Italians whilst keeping to herself. However Lorenzo Valetti had other plans, he sat next to her, disturbing any moment of peace she could dream of having. 'What is on your mind bambina?' he asked, that same small smile playing on his plump lips. 'N-nothing Sir' Emilia stumbled, her mind blank everytime his perfect mouth opened to speak to her. 'Sir? Mi piace il suo suono' (I like the sound of that) his voice vibrated in a deep tone, causing shivers to erupt all over Emilia's body. 'No formalities, just call me Lorenzo' he added.

'Okay, Lorenzo. Thank you' Emilia smiled. He had already loved her smile, those glistening diamond eyes, that shone brighter than any ruby or emerald. Her juicy luscious lips invited his thoughts into utter turmoil, wondering how they would feel pressed up against every part of his body. 'You're welcome gattina' he smiled back, his hand falling into hers with a squeeze.

----

Emilia had spent the next two weeks reminiscing about those small moments at the ball. Despite it being a rocky evening, she smiled to herself every single time she remembered how his large callous hands snaked their way down her arms and into her hands. Shameless to say, she had a childish crush on a man she had only seen and spoken to once but as weeks went on she slowly forgot, her feelings dissipating.

Since being home Emilia had taken up daily training, she decided she needed to learn to protect herself and her father agreed. He had assigned Bria Foggelli to be her sparring mate, training her in everything possible. Despite Bria's small physique, she was strong and talented, she lacked in no area and it became clear to Emilia as to why her father chose her to be apart of his organisation. From her short brown hair that was cut into a tidy bob and fox brown eyes, Bria was beautiful and that is what made her the perfect weapon.

'Shoot higher Emilia. Always aim for the head and chest when using a gun' Bria informed, bringing her arms up to Emilia's and guiding her on her next round. It was hilarious to her how her father had gone from two extremes. From protecting his only daughter and hiding her in a different continent and country to now demanding she learn combative skills. 'Good! Now put your weapon back and head over to the treadmill. We will finish with a run to improve your stamina' Emilia groaned, she hated running more than anything. It was boring and tiring but she knew Bria was relentless when it came to her training.

After a while the two women finished their session, Emilia sat on the ground with her legs crossed guzzling water as Bria explained what her work out regiment would be like for the week. 'Jesus Bria, don't you take a rest?!' Emilia asked, still huffing and puffing from the intensity. 'No' Bria answered simply, an evil smile playing on her lips. 'Just be glad I didn't make you incline' she said, her eyebrows raised. 'Go on, sessions over. I'll see you tomorrow' Bria dismissed, shaking her head laughing when she saw Emilia immediately get up and dart for the door but not before saying goodbye.

The girl was incredibly tired, her appetite depleted and in need of restoration. She made a mental note to dart to the fridge once she walked through the door but her preoccupied mind failed to register the many shoes by the front door causing her to clamour over them and on to the tiles. 'Santa Maria. Fabian! Move your shoes!' she hollered towards the stairs, feeling defeated lying on the ground.

'Gattina, what are you doing on the floor?' Emilia could hardly believe her ears, was her mind playing tricks on her? Opening her eyes slowly, she saw Lorenzo stood by her head, his tall body stood above her. She could hardly believe her eyes but still drunk in the sight of him, his body was clad in a well fitted black suit, his hands decorated with silver rings. Those same hands she had remembered tracing her arms sensually at any moment he could during the Ball. Squatting down slightly he looked at her, huffing a small laugh. 'How did you get down there sweet bambina, hmm? You must be careful' he tsked, finally pulling her to her feet

'W-what are you doing here?' she asked, confused as to how he was in her home. Her father never let anyone in their house besides his men, staff and most trusted and to Emilia Lorenzo Valetti didn't fall under any of those categories.  'I invited him here' Andres Santana butted in, cooling his daughters stammering heart and rising chest. 'Emilia...Lorenzo quiere llevarte a cenar' (Lorenzo wants to take you to dinner). Emilia blinked at her fathers words, her eyes ping ponging between the two men before her. 'Papa, ¿Estas Bien?' (Are you okay?) she queried, her feet walking towards him and her eyebrows worried.

'Yes' he answered simply. She couldn't believe what she was hearing, the same man who had exiled her for years was now sending her off for a dinner date with a man who's organisation rivalled his own. '¿Es esto seguro? ¿En que estas pensando!?' (Is this safe? What are you thinking?) the young lady questioned, worried her father was being forced to do this but in truth his eyes held the same stillness. He was being dead serious. 'You should get dressed Emi. Lorenzo wishes to take you somewhere and i've allowed it, don't be worried' Andres replied, trying to comfort his daughter but his change of language made Emilia feel betrayed.

'Fine' she said finally before rushing up the stayed to her room. She would question her father extensively later on his decision but for now she had to shower and dress. Pulling off her clothes one by one, Emilia tossed them into her hamper and stepped into her shower, shampooing her hair and washing off her skin. Shortly after she dried herself off and began to deal with her hair and make up. 'I can't believe this is happening' she whispered to herself, her inner monologue taking over. 'I can't believe papa would let me on a date' she uttered in disbelief

Going to her closet, she decided on a black knitted bodycon dress and a fur coat due to New York's hostile weather. She quickly paired it with black boots and headed downstairs, spraying some perfume. 'Where are you going?' asked Fabian who stood downstairs by himself. 'Father is making me go to dinner with Lorenzo Valetti!' she whisper shouted. Emilia grasped her brothers shoulders, shaking him lightly in demand 'What have you done to papa? He is going mad!' Emilia nudged him. 'Why did you assume I did something?' he replied back with a laugh, amused at his sisters concern. At that moment, Lorenzo and Andres entered the main room. 'Is Dillion coming?' Emilia said shyly, she would feel better if he was there but the slight frown on Lorenzo's face told her otherwise.

'No princessa but I promise you will be okay. Mr Valetti knows what would happen if anything bad happens' her father smiled at her, patting her rosy cheeks. 'We should get going' Lorenzo said grasping her hand 'Thank you sir' he thanked Andres, shaking his hand and walked towards the elevator and pulling her along with him.