21. I promise

PLEASE COMMENT AND VOTE

Lorenzo sat in his wife's empty office, scanning every surface and book. The silence was eery and filled with dread as he thought deeply about his next steps. His enemy had waltzed into his wife's building and stood before her, looked at her. His skin crawled with anger at the thought of Lvov Ivanov standing before her, speaking to her with that sly smile he always wore. 'Fuck!' Lorenzo shouted, his fist banging down on the desk in frustration. He had already failed her, he had already failed as her husband at protecting her. 'Boss, we have checked the building and all is safe. Alessio is doing background checks on all the staff' said Mario. Lorenzo could hardly concentrate on his words, the rage in him blinding.

'E mia moglie?' (and my wife?) Lorenzo asked, his eyes in deep worry. He was sick at the thought of even a scratch on her delicate skin. 'She is fine sir. Silas reports that she is now asleep' Mario answered, lowering his head and exiting the office. Lorenzo sighed deeply, his heart finally slowing into a calmer rhythm knowing she was safe. Yet it wasn't long lived as he saw the door open. 'Lorenzo' greeted Andres Santana but his gruff voice displayed his obvious annoyance, his sons followed behind, nodding their heads in respect. 'We must prepare for the inevitable' Lorenzo spoke, he didn't want to waste time on ifs and maybes, he knew what this meant. It meant that Lvov Ivanov had fixed himself on the drug that is Emilia and he would do anything to get his next hit.

'What did he say to her?' Fabian asked, his usual playful manner at bay as his brown eyes honed in on his brother in law in utter seriousness. 'I'm not sure but it doesn't matter. We all know what this means' Lorenzo said matter of factly. 'We cannot act unless he put out a clear threat, war is a serious thing Lorenzo' Roderigo chipped in. He stood tall by his father's side who sat next to Fabian on the chairs facing Emilia's desk. His suit was snug and fit his tall frame gracefully but his stature was rock solid, like a soldier waiting for the command of his lieutenant. 'Roderigo is right but we must also prepare, we know what the Russians are like' Andres addressed. The Spanish don's face was that of poker, his emotions unknown and thoughts hidden behind a mask. Lorenzo recognised it well, he himself had seen it many times when his father was in charge but he knew deep down, underneath Andres Santana's warm skin was a anger thrumming in his blood.

'I allowed you to marry my daughter because our families have been allied for many years. She is dear to me and if anything were to come of her whilst she is in your care... the Russians won't be your only issue. Let me know when she is awake' Andres said with finality, before nodding his head and leaving the room. 'This is bad Lorenzo, we know what that sick fuck is like' Fabian voiced, his hands waving in annoyance. 'I will deal with it. I have put a protocol in place, Emilia is protected' Lorenzo spoke quickly, he didn't want to make an enemy of his wife's family and he didn't want to be slow in his response. 'For her sake and yours, I hope you are right' Roderigo said before both he and Fabian exited the office.

Lorenzo left the office shortly after, speeding back to his home where Emilia was. He had entrusted her to Silas after she had fainted. He hated that he was away from her, he hated that she might have woken whilst he was sorting this shit out but in that very moment he swore she would be safe and that Lvov Ivanov would never get that close again. Placing the car in park he left the car in the driveway rather than driving it back into the garage as he usually did. 'Park the car' he ordered, throwing his keys at Silas who had rushed down to greet him.

Every step filled him with anxiety, every moment he got closer to their bedroom his heart thrummed dangerously with worry. 'Gattina' he called gently. Emilia's face looked tormented with stress as he sat on the side of the bed, his calloused hands stroking her face with care. 'Wake up for me baby' he asked as he listened to her groan. Soon enough her baby blue eyes were open, her dark lashes blinking away the confusion as she stared at her husband. 'Where am I?' Emilia asked, sitting up slightly disoriented. 'You are in bed my love. You fainted in the office after...' Lorenzo didn't want to finish his sentence, he didn't want to shock her

'After I saw Lvov...' Emilia finished his line, before groaning once more, her hand touching her head. 'Here Tesoro. Drink this' Lorenzo placed a small headache tablet in her mouth and brought the water to her lips, carefully tilting it so she could drink. 'Tell me everything. What did he say?' Emilia's eyes glazed over in thought as she recanted what had happened to her husband. She explained that he had turned up unannounced, how he sauntered through the front entrance and the reception desk had called up to her office. Although she knew she should have called for help she didn't want to frighten her staff so went down to confront him.

'H-he wants me Lorenzo. I saw it in his eyes, he said he won't stop until he has me' she spoke quietly. Surprisingly she didn't cry but her voice quaked with unknown fear, her eyes shook with pure worry at what this meant. 'Don't worry baby. He won't have you, no one can have you because you are already all mine.' Lorenzo comforted, his warm hand now running up and down her back as he embraced her into a warm hug. 'I swore to protect you, I swore to God and your family that you would be safe with me. I will honour my promise until my last breathe' he confessed, a wave of honour overtaking him. 'Do you promise?' Emilia asked, pulling back so she could see his face.

Her eyes searched his serious face, not seeing a speck of dishonesty in his cool grey eyes. 'I promise you' Lorenzo said confidently, his rough fingers stroking her jaw. Emilia leaned forward into him again, her soft lips kissing his in gentle admiration for her husband. This was never planned, in truth she never wanted to be married to someone her father picked for her but she was happy it was him. Despite it all, despite her wishes to desperately fall in love with someone, she saw a future with Lorenzo. He cared for her deeply and it was shown in all he did. She deepened the kiss, the need to be closer to him overtaking the innocence of their first touch, soon enough she was climbing on top of him. With a gasp of air Lorenzo pulled away, his cheeks flushed and lips full. 'Maybe you shouldn't sit on me tesoro, we don't want this to go too far' he beckoned but made no move to take her from his lap.

'Why not?' Emilia cowered, her before bravery shrinking to naught at his words. 'I don't want to take advantage of you. You're upset and might regret it later baby' Lorenzo smiled softly, moving her dark hair from her face. His heart was pounding in his chest, his lips easily fell into a smile when he saw her. His kitten, the one so curious and mischievous. 'You aren't taking advantage of me' she whispered, her eyes diverting to the ceiling. 'Are you sure baby?' Lorenzo couldn't stop himself, his chest grumbling with a deep need. His wife's innocence disturbing the lustrous beast beneath the surface. With every moment that she fidgeted in his lap he stopped himself from pressing into her, the proof of his arousal growing stronger with every second that they kissed.

'I need you' Emilia whispered, her cheeks blazing a bright red. She could hardly believe what she was saying but the humming of nerves in her lower belly had stated to over take her thought process. All she could think of now, all she could imagine was her husband helping to soother he mind. 'cosa farò con te? lo fai apposta?' (What will I do with you? Are you doing this on purpose?) Lorenzo groaned, throwing his head back as Emilia pressed down on to his clothed cock. Her mewls and whimpers begged him to have his way with her. Instead he pushed her on to the bed, pulling off her bottoms as he climbed between her legs. 'W-what are you doing?' Emilia asked, her already red cheeks creating a new colour in the colour wheel.

Her heart pumped in embarrassment at how quickly Lorenzo had over powered her. 'I am going to show my wife how much I adore her'

PLEASE COMMENT AND VOTE