8. Love in Portofino

Emilia stood by the door in shock, her fingers tracing the ghost of Lorenzo's lips that was once on hers. They had kissed and although it was not their first time falling for their desire, she could not comprehend how far they had gone this time. How she had pushed her heat against his wakening bulge or the way his hands danced in her waist, ready to rid her of the nuisance of her clothes. She could only stare into space, her fingers touching her lips and heart pounding in need. It was no secret, Lorenzo Valetti had awakened something dark inside of her and deep down she craved his approval although her mind begged to be free of mafia norms.

Clearing her throat and sorting her appearance, the young lady grabbed her bag and jacket and headed for the door. 'Sorry Melissa, are we okay to carry this on next week? Something urgent has come up' Emilia apologised. 'No worries, I will write you as out of office and pass over anything urgent by email' Melissa replied, her eyes wide as she wished Emilia goodbye. As she walked to the lift, her mind focused on the tall dark Italian, who with the blink of his dark lashes could change the currents of her heart. 'So what did he say?' Dillion asked, his face blank but mischief in his voice. Emilia had forgotten he was by her side. 'Don't act naive. He asked me to come to Italy' she sighed, annoyed.

She didn't know why she was irritated, maybe it was because of her lack of self control or even the fact that her father had spoken for her once again. In truth, she did not care, she allowed all her emotions to merge together for when she arrived home. 'He asked your father recently and he approved. It would be taken as disrespect if he hadn't approached your family' Dillion reiterated, trying to fan the flames of Emilia's rage beside him. 'So you knew for a while and didn't tell me?' she scoffed, her hand tightening on her bag. 'It is not that he asked my father. It's the fact that every man I have ever known speaks for me as if I do not have a voice' she complained, her blue eyes shining with frustration as she stared into Dillion's brown ones.

Dillion's face cracked, his eyes showing remorse as her stared at the girl before him. He could never know what it was like to be her or experience what she was feeling but it was his duty to be by her side. 'In future I will tell you anything I know' he responded, his eyes blinking back to their usual blank stare as they both exited the building and went home. 'Don't be too hard on them, they do care' Dillion said as he turned the wheel towards the garage below. The drive home was quiet but short. Emilia didn't reply, she was already half out of the parked car, pulling herself up and striding towards the door. She did not care to be kind anymore, she wanted to be understood and respected.

She wasted no time getting into the lift and shooting up to their home floor, she didn't even wait for Dillion who was probably on the first floor waiting for the lift to come back down. 'Why didn't you tell me papa?!' Emilia raged, her hands clenched into a fist as she stood in front of her father's desk. Both of her brothers sat in there with him, discussing business she assumed. 'Surprises are nice mija' Andres Santana lulled with a smile on his face, unsure as to why his daughter was so upset. His words alone made his daughter puff her chest in annoyance, she did not like surprises. 'You can't do that, you can't keep saying you will listen to me and then make choices for me!' she exclaimed, her voice raising by the moment.

Andres Santana's eyes met hers, watching the crashing waves of anger in her pupils. 'What was the point? What was the point of bringing me back home and saying you would trust me with my own life if you continue to choose for me?' Emilia asked, her hands in a tight fist. She couldn't understand it, she got angrier by the moment as she stared back into his soft eyes, the pair that seemed to shimmer in happiness. 'What is wrong with the Valetti? Is he ugly?' her father asked genuinely, confused as to the outrage. 'Papa. I do not care if he is Henry Cavill himself. You can't just decide that I go away with this man or if we should go on dates. I want to like him because I like him, not because you forced us to'

Emilia's father got from his seat, his hands unclenching hers. 'Emi, there are many things you don't understand. I'm not doing this on purpose to hurt you' he explained, his hands now sliding into hers. In truth he was afraid his daughter would started swinging based on her tone. 'Our world is not like the rest. It doesn't care for love or kindness, everything is business. I can't stop you from being married but i sure as hell will make sure it will be to the best man possible' he sighed, hoping his daughter would understand. Despite all her anger, Emilia didn't understand the world she lived in. It was far from the world of fame in which celebrities were only followed my cameras. In the underworld monsters lurked, they stood by your side and made business with you. One had to be vigilant

Emilia took in a deep breath, releasing her hands from her fathers. She had noticed her brothers had not said a peep, both of them watching her in anticipation. 'If you'll excuse me i need to go pack'

—-

The warm air brushed Emilia's neck as she stepped out of the car. After a long flight to Italy and a short journey through the hills, her family had made it to one of the Valetti's homes. It was no secret that the Santana's were extravagant but it seemed the Valetti's rivalled them in taste. 'Welcome Andres' greeted Lorenzo's father. He stood by the front door his hand outstretched for Andres to shake, which he did. 'Thank you friend. Your home is lovely' he complimented, truth in his words. 'I'm happy you arrived well and thank you. This home has been apart of our family history for decades' Stefano revealed. Those words made Andres Santana's eyes widen ever so slightly, it was a sign of trust. Stefano Valetti greeted Emilia's brothers and allowed the men to wander inside before he turned to her.

'Ah. Miss Emilia, I am so glad you was able to come. I hope you have a wonderful stay' Stefano lulled, his hand grasped hers gently and kissed it carefully. Father like son she thought, realising charm must run in the family. 'Thank you for inviting us Mr Valetti' she replied back sweetly, hoping to make a good impression. 'No worries darling, I am happy you are here. Come on let's head inside with the others' his hand ushered her shoulder inside the villa and as soon as she entered she saw the man she truly wished to see. 'Ah Lorenzo, our guests are here' his father said. Lorenzo was dressed as he usually was, unbothered by the beating sun's warmth. He wore a long sleeved white shirt and black dress trousers.

It seemed he had already greeted Emilia's family as they stood to the side speaking to some of the staff who took their bags and showed them up the stairs he came. 'Emilia' his voice rumbled in delight, his actions mirroring his fathers as he took her hand and kissed it. 'I am very happy you came' his fingers looped into hers and pulled her close to him, hugging her but not before whispering quiet words in her ear. 'You look so pretty baby' he complimented, his words low enough for his father not to hear but Stefano got the point as soon as he saw Emilia's face paint red. 'H-hi' the girl replied, clearing her throat and bringing space between them. 'Lorenzo show Emilia her room and give her a tour' Stefano ordered and he nodded taking her hand and luggage up the stairs.

Emilia struggled to keep with his strides but he pulled her along. 'Here is your room. I hope it fits your fancy, let me know if you are missing anything and i will have it brought to you immediately' he opened the door and revealed a clean white room. It was beautiful and fit for any guest of high calibre, Emilia was touched. 'Thank you. This is lovely, I really appreciate it' she replied with a smile. Adoring the small balcony with matching chairs on it, she walked towards the sliding door and pushed it open. 'Wow i can see the swimming pool and gardens from here' Emilia sounded, her voice breathless at the view. Lorenzo knew she would love this room, he wanted to do everything he could to make her happy. 'It's a lovely view isn't it?' he asked, his eyes falling on the pool outside and the grand garden full of flowers and trees. 'Feel free to explore and use the pool Emilia. I have some work to attend to but I will come and find you later hmm?' with that he kissed her hand and walked away.

Emilia found delight in Lorenzo's words and dressed quickly to go outside. After freshening up, she changed into a black bikini with a sarong just over it before pulling on her flip flops and heading to the pool. The sounds of her shoes echoed through the quiet
home as she carried her sunglasses and sun cream outside wondering where everyone was but she didn't worry herself. Knowing her father she knew he was probably holed up somewhere with Stefano Valetti talking business. She reached the kitchen sliding doors and pulled them open, her eyes scanning the fresh green grass and giant pool. It seemed she had to entertain herself whilst she was in Italy