5. The Dinner

Emilia Santana

The couple was escorted into a luxurious restaurant, upon their arrival, staff members came rushing towards them, seating them in a private booth in an even more private room. Emilia looked around in shock, the restaurant was quiet from where she stood. 'Come' Lorenzo commanded, her feet following his words. Her eyes captured the beautifully lit room, with a small candle lit table just in front. Lorenzo spotted her curiosity and slipped his hand into hers, leading her to the chair before pulling it out for her. 'Thank you' Emilia whispered weakly, her smile glistening in Lorenzo's dark eyes.

He loved how she was grateful for the smallest of things, how her smile lit fires in his deserted heart. Emilia opened the small menu in front of her, her eyes fumbling on the words, afraid to take in the brooding man sat in front of her. In truth, she was nervous, she had never in her life been with a man outside of her family and her fathers men. 'Do you like it?' the tall dream in front of her asked. His voice was a purr, vibrating down her spine and relaxing her shoulders. 'Its beautiful' she whispered, her eyes scanning the beautifully painted room once more.

'You can speak with me. It is only us here' Lorenzo reminded her. He saw how nervous she was, she could hardly look at them. 'Sorry Mr Valetti' she apologised, straightening her back and forcing her eyes on to his. It was only then did she take in his softened face, his usually strong jaw was more relaxed and his eyes slightly dilated. 'None of that tesoro, call me Lorenzo' he lulled, his hand reaching over the table and taking hers. She couldn't help dart down at the warmth encasing her hand, the rugged feeling of those callous hands that could tell many stories.

'Lorenzo then' she smiled at him, happy there wouldn't be any formalities. 'What's the best thing to get?' Emilia asked, returning her eyes to the menu. She couldn't hold his look for long, she was afraid of being swallowed whole. 'The seafood pasta is my favourite' Lorenzo answered simply, his menu was shut and his mind made up. 'Ok, I will go with that then' Emilia said, closing the menu and putting it to the side. A young waiter came over, dressed immaculately with not a hair or thread out of place and took their order. Lorenzo ordered wine as well, which was ushered over seconds after.

'So Emilia. Tell me more about you. What do you like? What's your favourite things?' Lorenzo trailed, his mind full of questions. He wanted to know everything about her. What she loved and what she hated. She smiled timidly at his question, unsure of how to answer. 'W-well I was born in New York but I am Spanish. I like reading, painting and sewing i guess my favourite thing is to create designs' she answered quickly, taking a small sip of her water. Lorenzo noticed she didn't touch the wine, almost scared that the liquid would make her vulnerable. 'What are your favourite things? What do you like?' she countered, her skin prickling from his silence.

'I like you gattina' he said simply, that cheeky smile curling into its usual place. A nervous laugh left Emilia's lips 'No seriously what do you like to do?' she asked again, taking his answer as insufficient and flirty. 'I don't have much free time but i enjoy reading as well and training' Sure he did. Emilia thought, by how his shoulders sat underneath his dress shirt, she didn't need to be told he worked out religiously. Lorenzo started to speak but the food was brought over, the both of them tucking in and speaking throughout

—-
'That was delicious' Emilia said 'Thank you for bringing me here Lorenzo, I really appreciate it' she thanked sweetly, that kind smile on her face again. 'You don't need to thank me sweetheart. I will do my best for you' he replied, those stormy eyes relaxing the tormented clouds within. He couldn't stand how beautifully sweet she was, he wanted to crawl across the table and have his way with her. He loved how her petal lips parted when she whispered a shy reply to his flirtatious comments or how she nervously twirled with her inky black hair.

'You know beautiful. This is me courting you' he said. Lorenzo wanted her to know just how much he wanted her. He had never done this for any other woman and he was keen on having her all to himself, no matter what it took. 'What?' Emilia giggled nervously, her heart stammering at those words. She knew already what this date meant, the fact that her father even trusted them to be out the house without his men around told her how Lorenzo was keen on her. 'It means that i want to take you very seriously. That i plan on pursuing you' he stated carefully.

'But why? I mean you have a lot of options...' Emilia doubted herself, she doubted this man would even take an interest in her. 'You're the most stunning woman i have ever met. Vorrei poter avere la mia strada con te' (I wish i could have my way with you) There was that smile again, the one he was falling for. 'Aren't you afraid?' She asked timidly, her eyes sparkled with sincerity as she carried on 'This won't be like how it is in the normal world'
'I know but i want the chance to know you. I'm not letting that go' Lorenzo said truthfully. Emilia appreciated that, he was aware of the customs of mafia tradition and how restrictive this whole ordeal would be. She would enjoy whatever time they had together and then return to her normal life

'Come bella. I must take you back' he stood by her side, his hand held out for her to take. Emilia was in awe of him, he was such a gentleman. She loved how his attention was always on her, how he respected her highly.

——

Emilia stood in the lift with Lorenzo, the two of them standing next to each other quietly. The tension was thick as it filled the air with all of Lorenzo's deep thoughts. He wished he didn't have to bring her back, he wished that he could take her home and have his sweet way with her. His eyes pinged over to her quickly, looking down on her much smaller frame. Her fingers are fiddling around and those pretty pink lips tucked under her white teeth. Everything about her was alluring, tempting. He couldn't believe that she was hidden away from their world for so many years, that these are his only first few times catching glimpses of the rare beauty of Emilia Santana.

Clearing his throat he turned to her, grabbing her attention as those beautiful doe eyes stared back at home. 'Thank you for coming with me beautiful. It was the best date i have ever been on' He didn't dare lie, he never fussed himself with woman or dates, not thinking it deserved his time but she did. She was the epitome of his dreams and now his worst nightmare would be going home without her. Lorenzo couldn't stop his hands from going towards her face, stroking the soft skin of her supple cheeks between his rough calloused fingers. He groaned in annoyance. How could he leave her alone? How could he drop her off at her door and walk away as if he was calm?

Emilia smiled, her head tilting into his hand like a kitten adored the touch of its owner. Gattina. Lorenzo thought, almost laughing at how perfect the name was. Emilia's hand came to his and gave it a slight squeeze. 'That's so kind of you to say Lorenzo. I had a great time, thank you for taking me with you' she thanked, those ocean breeze eyes twinkling in gratitude. Lorenzo couldn't stop himself, he couldn't stop himself from grabbing the sides of her face and placing his lips on hers. Those petal pink lips that he had stared at during dinner were finally dancing with his, their softness nourishing his own.

His tongue licked her lips, savouring the taste and feel of them. He didn't want to pull away but he had to. 'I am sorry gattina, i can't help myself around you. You make me feel so... good' he trembled, his voice needy as his forehead rested on hers. His eyes closed. Why did he feel this passionate already? maybe it was the overwhelming list building in his body or his need to snuff out any innocence within her. 'Prometto di fare la mia strada con te'(i promise to have my way with you) he whispered again, kissing her forehead. The doors of the lift opened and soon they stood in the doorway of Emilia's home.

Emilia looked slightly frazzled, her eyes storming with heat and innocent shame. 'Thank you Lorenzo. I had the best time' she reiterated, needing him to walk away from her. She didn't know what she would do if he didn't, for once she felt this slight primal desire when around a man but she felt ashamed for feeling it for one she had only just begun to know. 'I'm happy you enjoyed yourself. Ciao Bella' he sounded, kissing her hand before turning to the door to leave