18. Adoration

PLEASE VOTE THE CHAPTER

Lorenzo sat in the brown aging chair in Falcone's office, his eyes kept darting to the watch on his wrist and frustation bubbled in his temples. He wanted nothing more to be at home with his wife with him, slipping her out of that royal blue dress, his fingers trailing around her taut pink nipples... 'What do you think?' Lorenzo looked up in annoyance at the gravel like voice that had interrupted his sweet fantasy. 'What?' he replied, forgetting completely that Falcone was in the room with him. 'I was saying that I think the famiglia would benefit if I was once again involved in operations, I have great ties to the Mexican cartel and think it would be good for the business if we set up allyship there' Falcone had retreated to his seat, his glass of whisky perched on his wooden desk.

'We already have a relationship with the Mexican cartel but we cannot rely on them to become our sole distributors. Its proven unsuccessful before but I appreciate your eagerness to help us strengthen our relations' Lorenzo replied curtly, he poured himself a drink to match the older mans and sipped quietly as he watched Falcone's face fall in disappointment. 'Well, I should have known you and your father would have looked at all avenues but I would like to work closely with you both, I have many good resources that would be of our benefit' He prompted again, not taking Lorenzo's no for an answer. Lorenzo sighed, he was trying to avoid direct conflict with this man but he was sure that Falcone would keep pressing and pressing until he got what he wanted.

'Well your son Mauricio is doing well in his role, if there is anything of relevance you can relay it to him. You know he is apart of our operations team after all' Lorenzo smirked under his glass, one look at Falcone's face and he saw the brimming hatred he held for him. Many knew that Mauricio Falcone had distanced himself from his father and mother, he swore away from his own family's agendas and promised himself to the Valetti name, something that had enraged his father Mario Falcone. It was no secret that relations between them were icy. 'Well Mr Valetti, my son holds his promise to you and the code dearly. He wouldn't dare entertain me if he feels that even the boss and his son do not' Mario glared, he too taking a large sip of his whisky.

'And what of your promise? The one to omerta? if that is something you hold dear then speaking to your son is of no issue' Lorenzo countered, he knew that including Falcone in anything that the famiglia does would be a dreaded mistake and he refused to be swindled into such a decision. 'I will speak plainly then. I was ousted from my position by your father twenty years ago and I wish to hold office once again. I believe you would be a fool to not include me in your works Lorenzo'

'And why would i be a fool Mario?' Lorenzo asked, a small hint of amusement in his tone. 'Because you have doubters boy and i can help get rid of the doubts' Mario spoke through grinded teeth, his fingers clasped his glass in an unclenchable fist of rage. 'You see Mario, the only doubter i have... is you' Lorenzo spoke, standing from his seat and walking over to the large desk, his strong arms allowing to brace himself on the edge. 'You see I would be the fool to allow you any power, i know of your abuses when my father came of power and no such thing can happen when i'm in control'

'You need me! I have allies everywhere!' Mario shouted, his fists banging on the desk in hopes to frighten his leader but the bangs fell on deaf ears. 'You don't have allies anywhere Mario. The Mexicans told me how you made contact with them, about your stupid proposal to get back in' Lorenzo started towards the door, 'Since i am so generous, i will think about it'
He knew he wouldn't spend another second dwelling on the Falcone's, he would rather gut himself than put Mario Falcone in a place of priority. Lorenzo exited the room, his ears taking note of the heavy footsteps behind him as he retraced his steps back to the living room.

The sight of black hair and tanned shoulders allowed his anxiety to settle but the look of anger on Guilia Falcone's face made him halt. 'Ah Lorenzo, you're back' Emilia spoke chipperly, her kind smile not reaching her bright eyes. Her soft hands looped into her husbands, tightening at the calloused feel of them as she kissed him softly. 'Did you have a good time?' Lorenzo asked, kissing her mouth once more as his eyes looked towards the old wrinkled woman opposite them. Emilia pulled away to speak 'Hmm, we had a great time. Mrs Falcone was just teaching me a lesson' she said suggestively. 'Well Signora Falcone. Thank you for teaching my wife but i will be taking her home so she can learn many more lessons'

The old woman grunted a response, her disgust evident on her stony face. 'Come amor mio, we are going' Lorenzo instructed, gathering Emilia's bag and coat from behind the chair and turning to the foyer. 'Lorenzo, surely you wouldn't leave without letting me say goodbye to your beautiful wife?' Mario Falcone uttered, his sweaty face shining in glee at the thought of being close to her. 'Well you've said goodbye now so we will be on our way. I will take thought to your words' Lorenzo tugged on Emilia's hand, pulling her towards the door. 'Goodbye Mr Falcone, thank you for inviting us to your home!' Emilia stumbled over her words as she wobbled behind her husband and down the steps outside the haunted home.

Lorenzo bundled Emilia into the car before getting in himself and instructing his driver. 'Thank God we are out of there, another moment with those two and i would have exploded' Lorenzo grumbled 'But at least now i can take you home, wife' he grinned, the first proper smile he had committed to in over an hour. 'I am happy to go home too. Guilia Falcone is a real piece of work, it's obvious that she hates me' Emilia sighed, her shoulders sagging in relief. 'What did the old woman say?' Lorenzo asked, his face turning to examine hers. He saw the contours of stress marring her skin and the lines of tiredness on her forehead. 'S-she' Emilia stopped herself, there was no need to regurgitate such hurtful words but a part of herself worried that they were true.

She worried that maybe one day she would not be enough and that years down the line she too would be stuck in the confines of this life. To a man who did not care for her and chased other things. 'She what tesoro?' Lorenzo comforted, his stormy eyes bore into hers, the look of concern in them urging her to speak the words of truth. 'She said you would tire of me, that one day there will be someone more pretty, more beautiful, more fitter than I am and just like Falcone did to her you will do it to me' she mumbled, ashamed of doubting herself and unable to meet Lorenzo's eyes. 'I guess there is some truth in what she said' she laughed humourlessly, thinking back to the spiteful words that struck her like bullets with each blow.

'I am nothing more than an alliance, our marriage is nothing more than an alliance but I want you to know that I will always fight along side you, it's my duty after all' Emilia had fallen. She had succumbed to the evil words of the witch of the west. 'Gattina listen to me and listen well.' Lorenzo spoke sternly, his eyes brewing dark clouds of rain, ready to burst any moment with lashing fury. 'You are my wife. I care for you, I chose you and i never make any mistakes in what i do. You are more to me than an alliance and i promise i will never leave you like how Falcone left his wife' his lips started to kiss her face, adorning her with soft pecks of appreciation.

'There is no one else more beautiful, fitter, younger, smarter or sexy as you. You have rocked my world since i met you and i will allow you to continue doing so, so do not worry about what one old miserable woman thinks' Lorenzo's lips fell to Emilia's in a soft kiss, it reminded her of the first one they ever shared. The gentle nature of it still shocking her now but yet she melted into him, loving the way his rough hands fell into her locks and tangling themselves in it. Yet she loved the warm feeling of their bodies pressed together and the slow beat of her heart as his sweet words soothed her aching soul.

'Let's go home, so i can show you how much i adore you'