12. Garter Toss

Lorenzo pulled away from his wife, the blistering kiss he had given her left her eyes feral and lips swollen. It was only the clapping of the audience that reminded them they were in a Church. Taking her hand, he quickly marched down the aisle, hoping, begging that he could kiss her again. Lorenzo forgot how peaceful the taste of her was, how her scent calmed the purring beast beneath his skin. 'L-Lorenzo slow down' Emilia called behind him, tugging his hand slightly to slow him further. He stopped in the middle of the aisle and turned to her, his hands scooping her up and carrying her away. 'L-Lorenzo! What are you doing?' she whisper shouted, her heart undeniably beating uncontrollably at his actions. He didn't care, he just needed her to himself as he dragged himself back up the stairs he came from earlier and locking them in a room.

His hands lowered her gently but Emilia was too slow for him, his lips melted to hers once more, dancing to the soul of her mouth. In truth, Lorenzo was drunk off the taste of his dear wife. The feel of her lips was heaven to him and the hums of shock leaving her throat only made him smile against her. The couple soon parted in hot pants, their chests rising in a mixture of surprise and lust. 'Y-You can't do that' Emilia scolded, her rosy cheeks betraying her harsh tone. 'Why not baby? Can a husband not kiss his wife?' Lorenzo asked, his hand tracing her neck, his urges to squeeze strong.

Emilia shooed his hand away from her neck 'We are here to do our duty Lorenzo, take it seriously' she scolded quietly, wiping her hands. 'Emilia. I have performed my duty but you are much more than duty to me' His hands found their way back to the slender neck he had stroked before, his fingers now placed on his wife's lips. 'Remember this about me kitten. Everything I do i take seriously' his thumb pushed past those plump lips, dipping into the heat of Emilia's mouth. 'I love when you scold me baby. You're so beautiful when you're stern' he complimented, retrieving his thumb from his speechless bride.

'Come let's go' he commanded. Emilia's mind was running at a million miles an hour, she didn't like how easily Lorenzo weakened her resolve or how his rugged fingers slipped past her lips or how her stomach fluttered every time they touched. Yet she couldn't help casting her mind to all of his words, she was more than duty to him. Emilia had always hoped for a love marriage and she was so sure that this wouldn't be one. She always thought that lust would flutter at moments but Lorenzo would keep his heart sealed away from her like all men of his trade but his actions and words told her differently.

His usual tug of her hand pulled her from her trance as they went down the stairs and outside where their families and guest waited for them. The cheers of their union sung out as the crowd threw petals in the air, watching the newly weds enter the car. 'We are married' Emilia whispered, still shell shocked. It was finally seeping in, she was no longer a Santana but a Valetti. Her eyes drifted out the window and towards her family, her cousins with smiles and her father and brothers with straight faces. 'Si we are gattina. Until death do us part' Lorenzo reminded, his hand had slipped into hers, his fingers playing with the ring on hers. 'You're stuck with me'

—-
The wedding reception was nothing short of elegance. It seemed that the Valetti family did not cut any corners when it came to the elaborate wedding. The hall was fit for royalty, a grand room in which Queen Elizabeth would be envious of and the regal decorations of tables, chairs and invites would tell of her jealousy. Emilia sat next to her husband, listening to the toasts from their fathers who seemed more elated than the happy couple that their families had finally joined. 'Don't frown bella, you are too pretty to frown' Lorenzo comforted, his hand landed on her thigh, squeezing in reassurance.

'I'm not frowning' Emilia replied, her lips tugging slightly, now nervous that she indeed was. 'Hmm must you always answer back?' Lorenzo teased, his fingers now playful above the fabric of her dress. Emilia had changed form her elaborate wedding gown after the obligatory photos and changed into a charming silk dress. The cowl neck laid way for the jewels around her neck and full chest, whilst her waist was covered yet cinched. Lorenzo could hardly contain himself at the sinfully innocent bride he had acquired. 'But i like when you smile. I love when that stubborn mouth of yours shows joy' his fingers traced her lips lightly, the both of them forgetting that they were in a room full of many people.