3

Blair

"That is so cute," Bea chuckled in the morning as we sat around Sunday morning. I showed her the picture of Tommy and Max with Santa from the mall.

"I know," I smiled as I grabbed a protein shake from the fridge.

"What are you doing today?" Bea asked and I sighed.

"I have to water Ms. Lily's plants this morning, then I was going to do some Christmas shopping for Tommy and Max so you can spend time with them today, and tonight I'm babysitting Ricky and Rowan," I listed off and she nodded.

"I'll give you the money to get the presents," she offered and I nodded. I finished my protein drink, then quickly got myself ready before leaving to Ms. Lily's. Bea had given me money before I left, so luckily I could just run over to Target for Christmas shopping. After watering all of her plants, and there were a lot, I walked a half hour to Target and started to shop around for Tommy and Max. I spent probably close to two hours shopping until I was satisfied with everything I had found, then went to check out before leaving.

Days like these were mostly reflection days for myself. I was alone mostly and got to think about everything that happened through my week. Most of the time I took to digest that I was fifteen and taking care of two five year olds like a mom, and that always shocked me. No matter how much time I took to think about it, I could never fully understand how it happened. My childhood years were basically gone, and even though it bothered me at times I understood why. If I didn't do this my siblings and I would be separated, and I couldn't let that happen.

My parents had always been pretty horrible people. My dad drank a lot and my mom was abusive. The two stayed together until my twin brothers were born, that was when my dad left. I begged him to stay, I did everything I could, but he was gone and never came back. Three years later Bea turned 18 and my mom left. CPS was going to take us away, but Bea kept us. She figured it out the best we could. We lived in homeless shelters for awhile, but she figured it out. Eventually she got a job, we got an apartment, and it worked. It was hard, a lot was sacrificed, but it worked.

Once I made it home, the apartment was empty. I hid the presents in mine and Bea's room then went to the living room to watch some TV other than cartoons. I never really got time to myself except on Sunday's. The rest of the days I was watching my brothers due to Bea working or going out with some friends. I didn't mind. She was doing so much for us, and this was my way to repay her for everything she's done. If I had to watch my brothers and take care of them, so be it.

"We're back," I looked over and saw my siblings coming in.

"Did you guys have fun?" I asked my brothers who nodded.

"We went to the park," Tommy grinned.

"That's awesome bud," I smiled and they ran off.

"I need a favor," Bea said once the boys were out of the room.

"What's up?"

"I have to go out tonight, could you watch Tommy and Max?" she asked.

"I'm watching Rowan and Ricky, I can't,"

"They could come here,"

"That's four kids," I exclaimed.

"You've done it before," she scoffed.

"I've done it a lot and every time it's awful,"

"Please, Blair," she begged.

"Bea-"

"Please, I'm begging," she pleaded and I huffed.

"Fine, whatever," I rolled my eyes and she grinned.

"I owe you,"

"Yeah, yeah," I rolled my eyes as she ran off while I texted Ms. Smith asking if that was alright, which she was more than ok with. Tonight was going to be hell.