9

Blair

"Where's Bea?" Tommy asked, making my heart stop. We were in the guest room and I was getting them ready for the day.

"We haven't seen her," Max added.

"Uh, well," I stuttered. "There's something I have to tell you guys," I helped them up on the large bed and sat across from them. "So you guys know how Bea was in the hospital?"

"Uh huh," Tommy nodded.

"Well she was really really hurt. Her car crashed into another car, you know how you've seen crashes in action movies?"

"That's scary," Max whimpered.

"Yeah it is," I agreed. I left out the part where she crashed the car and was driving irresponsibly. They were too young to understand, and I didn't want to pin her into the bad guy. "And the crash was really bad, and she died,"

"What does died mean?" Tommy asked.

"When people die, they leave earth and we don't see them for awhile," I simplified.

"Bea left?" Max asked.

"Yeah buddy, she did,"

"Was it our fault?"

"No, absolutely not," I quickly shook my head. "None of us did anything wrong. She got really hurt,"

"Where did she go?"

"I don't know," I admitted.

"Who will take care of us?" Tommy asked.

"I will. For now we'll stay here as well," I said.

"I like Michael," Tommy grinned.

"I'm glad," I lightly smiled.

"Will you die?" Max questioned.

"One day we all will. It just happens, it's a part of life. You live, and then die. Sometimes when people die, it's too soon,"

"Bea died too soon," he frowned.

"I agree," I nodded.

"Will we ever see her?"

"One day, yeah," I nodded, wiping my cheeks from the tears. "Just not for awhile,"

"Why?" Tommy questioned.

"Because we need to stay here for awhile, and Bea will look after us from wherever she is,"

"She will?"

"Yeah, she always will," I reassured them. 

"Everything ok in here?" we looked over to see Ashton in the doorway.

"Bea died," Tommy spoke up.

"Yeah buddy, I know," he nodded and came in, pulling up the desk chair.

"Blair said she's watching over us," Max added once he sat down.

"That's right,"

"Are we staying here?"

"Yeah, for a while," Ashton nodded.

"Will Michael play games with us?" Tommy asked.

"Definitely, we all will," Ashton chuckled, but Tommy grinned happily. He jumped off the bed and rushed over to Ashton, tackling him in a hug.

"I like it here," he said as Ashton hugged him back.

"I'm glad," he exclaimed, "we love having you three here,"

"We haven't been here that long, silly," Tommy giggled as he pulled away from the hug.

"Well still," he chuckled. "We love it with you guys here,"