12

Ashton

I felt her grab my hand tightly as people came in, but she didn't seem sad, more angry. I looked at each person coming in until Calum had came over to my side, "That's Marcus," he whispered, making me look over at him confused. "He was one of the friends in the crash,"

Everything clicked.

"You don't have to talk to him," I reassured her. "Ignore him,"

"I didn't invite him," I heard her whisper.

"Then you don't talk to him, we will handle him,"

"I want him gone,"

"Let him say his goodbyes, love," Calum spoke up. "He did care about her,"

"I want everyone that was out that night gone," she finally decided, letting go of my hand and walking off.

"Cal-"

"They deserve to say goodbye as well," he looked at me. "They made the worst decision, but at least let them come in and then go," the two of us looked at each other, both clearly disagreeing, but I gave in.

"They have ten minutes," I muttered before turning back and going to find Blair. I went into the back room where Blair was sitting on the chair, wiping her cheeks as she held back her tears.

"Calum's giving them ten minutes, then they're gone," I promised her as I grabbed a small pack of tissues out of my pocket and handed it to her, knowing we would need them today. I knelt in front of her as she took a tissue from me.

"I want them out now," she stuttered as she wiped her nose.

"I know, but they are going to say goodbye as well," I reminded her. She didn't respond as she kept wiping her tears. Calum had finally texted that they were gone, so I went back out with Blair. Once we were out, people were coming up and giving their condolences. She kept me next to her, holding my hand as people spoke.

It was weird to hear the way they spoke to her: like an adult. When I was fourteen, I was definitely not as mature as her. It felt as if she had no childhood, like no one saw her as a child. I don't think she saw herself as a child, that part of her life was gone.

"Ash, the boys want you," Luke came over, rubbing my shoulders. "I'll stay with Blair,"

"Are you sure?" I asked and he nodded. I looked at Blair who gave me the ok, so I went over to the other side of the room where the boys were clearly bored, exhausted, and upset.

"What's going on, guys?" I asked, making them sit up.

"We wanna go home," Tommy whined.

"And see Blair," Max whimpered.

"I promise soon we will be home and you can see Blair. Right now Blair has to talk to some people,"

"Why?" Max questioned.

"They want to talk to her about some grown up stuff,"

"But Blair is a kid," he frowned.

"I know,"

"Then why can't she stay with us?"

"I don't know buddy," I sighed, not knowing what to say. Because I agreed with them, she shouldn't be in that position.