8

Blair

I woke up early the next morning and went down to the kitchen. For a while I sat in silence until footsteps came down, revealing Ashton.

"What are you doing up so early?" he asked.

"Couldn't sleep,"

"Want some breakfast?"

"I'm not hungry,"

"How about tea?"

"Alright," I nodded in agreement. He began to make breakfast and make some tea for me as it was quiet.

"Your brothers were fine last night," he told me. "They had mac and cheese then went to bed quickly,"

"Thanks for taking care of them,"

"It was no problem, they're cute," he chuckled, passing me a mug.

"Can be a pain sometimes,"

"That's ok, they're kids,"

"I should tell them today,"

"We'll help, Michael got you a bag at your place,"

"We can be out of your hair today,"

"No, stay as long as you need to. If you want we can get in contact with your family,"

"Don't bother, I haven't heard from them in years," I said, gaining his attention. "My dad left when the twins were born and my mom left a year later. Bea was taking care of us since,"

"I'm sorry,"

"Don't be, they weren't the best parents," I chuckled. "Not really into the whole nurturing thing,"

"How old were you?" he asked. I sighed as I thought for a moment.

"I was eight when my dad left,"

"My dad left when I was two," he told me. "Kind of stings,"

"Still?"

"Not as bad, I don't think it ever really heals completely," he admitted.

"I just don't want Tommy and Max growing up in foster care. We were there for a little while when they were babies, but they obviously don't remember,"

"You guys are more than welcome to stay here as long as you need to,"

"Thanks," I lightly smiled. I heard footsteps upstairs, then rushing downstairs. In a couple of seconds my brothers were in the kitchen yelling in delight.

"Blair's back," Tommy yelled as they tackled me in a hug.

"Hey guys," I hugged them back.

"You two want pancakes for breakfast?" Ashton asked.

"Yeah," Max nodded happily.

"I want bacon," Tommy frowned.

"I'll make that too," Ashton told him, bringing a smile to his face.