18

Blair

"And then fold it over like that," I demonstrated to Max as I sat with the twins folding the presents I picked out for the guys.

"Good?" Max looked up to me with puppy eyes. It was crumbled and taped everywhere, but he tried.

"It's perfect," I smiled, making him giggle. I wrote Calum's name on it, then Tommy came over with Calum's bagged gift.

"You don't want to wrap it, bubby?" I asked as I took the bag from him.

"Too much work," he shook his head, making me chuckle.

"Fair enough,"

"Will daddy adopt us?" Tommy asked as he sat in my lap before I could write Calum's name on a tag. The past two days Tommy and Max had been calling Ashton dad, and I worried it was a lot of pressure on him. I didn't want him to adopt us out of pity, though he had been mentioning adoption for awhile.

"How do you know what adoption is?" I questioned.

"Daddy told us," Max chirped. "He said he wanted to adopt us,"

"I'm not sure guys," I sighed.

"We'll go ask," Tommy jumped off my lap. I tried to call them back, but they rushed out of the room, making me sigh.

"Present wrapping going ok?" I looked behind me to see Michael at the doorway with his hand over his eyes.

"You can look, yours are wrapped," I told him, making him remove his hand from his eyes. He came in and closed the door behind him, then sat across from me.

"You know, Ashton's always wanted kids," he spoke. "For awhile, he even took classes to prepare to have kids,"

"Then why doesn't he?"

"Him and his girlfriend broke up almost two years ago," he explained. "He wanted a kid with her, but then they broke up. Instead he focused on himself and work,"

"I didn't know that," I said as I looked down.

"Not a lot of people do," he shrugged. "He does care about you guys though, a lot,"

"I know he does," I nodded.

"Good,"

"Can you bring these presents downstairs?" I asked, pointing over to the pile.

"Yeah, of course," he grinned. "If you need help just let me know,"

"I will, thanks," I smiled.