17

Ashton

I woke up the next morning with Blair asleep next to me, curled up in a small ball. For the first time, she fell asleep quickly and didn't wake up halfway through the night. The medication she was prescribed definitely seemed to work, which I was relieved about. I pulled myself out of bed and went downstairs beginning to make breakfast. Today we had to finish the rooms and book tickets to Australia. I had been texting my family about Blair, Tommy, and Max, and they were all excited to meet them.

Today we were going to finish Tommy and Max's room, then we would finish up blair's throughout the next couple of days. Though we had the two staying in Michael's room, they would always leave and stay with Luke, Michael, or Calum. It was never them staying in that room, so I was debating about giving them the present early so they would be able to sleep.

"Daddy," I spun around and saw Max coming in, rubbing his eyes.

I smiled widely from what he said and knelt down, "Hey buddy, sleep ok?"

"Tired," he muttered as I picked him up.

"Want to help me make breakfast?" I asked, but he shook his head.

"Tired,"

"Go back to bed, buddy," I laughed.

"With you," he rested his head on my shoulder.

"Wanna lay on the couch?" I offered and he nodded. I left the unmade breakfast on the counter and went over to the couch, laying down with him. Within a couple of minutes he fell asleep and I laid with him. I knew he didn't want to lay alone, so I stayed.

I had fallen back asleep, but was woken up with someone jumping on my chest, instantly waking me up. "Daddy, breakfast," Tommy demanded with a giggle.

"Don't wake up your brother," I told him quietly as I sat up and went into the kitchen with him.

"Maxy and I decided that you're our dad, since we've never had one," Tommy explained as I sat him on the counter.

"Well that's a wonderful decision," I smiled.

"And I'm gonna help cook,"

"You are?" I gasped and he giggled.

"Uh huh, and Calum said he'd help us wrap presents later," he said as I began cracking eggs into a bowl, then letting him stir the waffle mix. "Do you have a wife?"

"No bud," I shook my head with a chuckle.

"Does anyone?"
"Michael and Luke have girlfriends," I told him. "No wives though,"

"What are girlfriends?"

"They are girls that people date," I explained.

"What's dating?"

"It means that you love the person and want to be in a relationship with them,"

"I don't want a girlfriend, then I have to kiss a girl," his face scrunched up, making me laugh.

"You're five, you don't have to worry about that," I reassured him.

"Good,"