5

Blair

I stayed the night at the hospital and Ms. Smith offered to take the boys to school the next day and pick them up. I was more than grateful for that honestly, but I wasn't going to school. Calum's friends all ended up working here, so they all came and checked up on me throughout the day. Every time Calum checked on my sister she got worse: things weren't looking good.

"Hey Blair," I looked up and saw Michael coming in with a tray of food, "how are you doing?"

"Been better," I mumbled with a shrug. "

"Well I brought you some food for lunch and my nintendo switch so you won't get bored," he sat them down on the side table.

"I'm not very hungry,"

"You have to eat, you'll get sick if you don't," he said, making me sigh but nod. "I have to get back to work, but if you need anything you can always come down to my office. Just tell a nurse,"

"Thank you," I lightly smiled and he smiled back, then left. For a while I played his Nintendo Switch and ignored the food he brought. I spent the day in that room, not leaving for anything. Mrs. Smith texted me updates about my brothers, which I appreciated.

"Hey Blair," I looked up and saw Ashton coming in, "visiting hours are over in a half hour,"

"They're over at seven I thought?" I questioned, looking up from the switch.

"Yeah, it's 6:30," he chuckled, making my eyes widen as I looked at my phone. "Do you need a ride home?"

"It's ok, I can walk,"

"I'll drive you, it gets dark quicker," he said, not even giving me an option to decline. He left to finish up work, so I turned off Michael's switch and sat it down next to the tray of food. My attention was turned back to Bea who laid on the bed, still not awake. She was in a coma, and it seemed every time Calum came in it just got worse. As I waited for Ashton, I heard Bea's monitors begin to slowly speed up until they were frantic. Instantly, I jumped up to her side and hit the nurse button, which made the door swing open.

"Sweetheart, I need you to step away," the nurse said, then yelled for Calum.

"What's going on?" I asked, not moving. More people crowded the room, which forced me to move back. Calum was throwing orders at everyone until he noticed me.

"Blair, wait outside for Ashton," he told me. I didn't argue with him, I trusted him. I knew he would make sure she's ok. When I left the room, my body collided with someone, making me look up to see Ashton.

"Hey, it's ok," he reassured me, pulling me into a tight hug. I let my tears hit his shirt as my arms wrapped around his waist. "We'll go to my office and wait. Calum's doing everything he can,"