16

Blair

"It will definitely help you sleep," Luke said as we walked out of the grocery store with my prescription for sleeping.

"I hope," I mumbled. "Can you take me to a store?"

"Which one?"

"I don't know, I need to get you guys Christmas gifts since you're redoing our rooms,"

"You don't have to get us anything,"

"I'm going to," I decided.

"Alright, we can go to some stores," he agreed, bringing a grin to my face.

"What does everyone want?" I asked as we got in the car.

He was quiet as he thought for a moment, "Anything gaming for Michael. Calum wants some art supplies,"

"What about Ashton?"

"He is someone who has everything he wants," Luke laughed, "I can barely think of a gift for him,"

"Great," I sighed.

"Maybe a pair of boots,"

"Ok," I nodded. We made it to the mall and Luke and I went to different stores, me staying close to him. I let him give me more ideas and show me some stuff for what everyone would want. I ended up getting Michael a pair of headphones and a giftcard for video games, then went to check out with Luke. I knew it was way past my budget, but they had done a lot for me. Plus I could just pick up more babysitting hours after the holidays.

"That'll be $74.56," the cashier said. When I went to look through my cash, Luke inserted his card, making my eyes widen.

"Luke-"

"You're not paying," he chuckled, making me frown. THe cashier handed me the bag and then we left.

"I'll pay you back,"

"No, you won't," he disagreed. "Keep saving your money for something else, you've worked hard enough already. You deserve a break,"

"I'll get a job next year,"

"Only if you want to. I'd rather have us pay for everything while you focus on your studies. That can lead to a brighter future,"

"I'm not the best student, I'm just average," I admitted.

"Well, maybe this year you can be above average," he smiled.

"I hope, I'd want to do school stuff, but I'm not allowed,"

"How come?"

"Bea was always working and we couldn't afford a daycare for the twins," I explained. "Something had to give,"

"Not anymore," he told me, which made me smile. "Now things will be different, you don't have to lose anymore of your childhood,"

"Maybe,"

"Not maybe, you won't have to,"