10

Blair

The past two days had been nonstop work that overwhelmed me. Getting rid of the apartment, funeral plans, and memorial plans had been killing me. On top of that, my brothers had not let me sleep, keeping me up with questions about Bea. It was all exhausting. The guys were trying their best to help, but it's hard with two five year olds.

"Blair, when is Christmas?" Tommy shook my arm. It was around three in the morning and they snuck into my room, deciding to ask me a million questions.

"In a week," I huffed.

"Will Santa still come?" Max chirped in.

"Mhm,"

"When is the fuberal?" Max asked.

"Funeral," I corrected. "It's in two days,"

"Will we go?"

"Yeah, we will," I nodded.

"What will we do?"

"We will say our final goodbyes to Bea,"

"But why can't we say bye now?" Tommy questioned.

"Because you do that at funerals," I responded. There was a knock at the door, then it opened and Luke came in.

"I thought I heard voices," he smiled.

"What happens at a funeral?" Tommy asked, both him and Max sitting up.

"How about I take you guys downstairs to get some milk and we can talk?"

"What about Blair?" Max asked.

"She's going to sleep, so I'll look after you two," he explained. They were hesitant, but went downstairs with Luke. I laid in bed in silence as I heard the three downstairs getting milk to come back up to bed. Sadly, I couldn't fall asleep. I hadn't really been able to sleep from all the stress: nothing was working. When I heard the twins and Luke upstairs, I left my room and went across the hall to Ashton's room, shaking his arm to wake him up.

"Blair, what are you doing up?" he mumbled.

"Can we finish planning everything?"

"Darling, we'll handle it in the morning," he yawned, sitting up and looking over at this alarm clock. "It's three,"

"I can't sleep,"

"Do you want to stay in here?" he offered. I was quiet for a moment, but then nodded. I was desperate to sleep, so I was willing to do anything. "Do you want melatonin?"

"Yes please," I nodded. He reached over and grabbed the gummies, handing me one. Once I took it, I laid back down and pulled the blanket up to my face. There was silence between us as I tried to sleep, but was feeling defeated.

"Do you want white noise?" he asked.

"What?"

"It's just background noise to fall asleep," he explained. "It can help sometimes,"

"Sure, I'll try anything," I told him. He pulled something up on his phone and let the nature noise play quietly.

"We can get you some medication to help as well,"

"Ok," I yawned, letting my eyes shut as I felt the melatonin finally kick in.