Chapter Two

Elenora's Point of View

"And that was a stop sign" Mom says trying to laugh it off. She is a good liar, I would almost believe her if I didn't she's he gripping on to her seat so tight the her knuckles were white.

"Shit sorry" I say. It's not like I'm a terrible driver, it's that I space out a lot. I've always done it since I was little, I thinks it's a way to deal with stress, at least that's what mom says. Right now I am stressed because Ryan almost exposed the fact that I have a boyfriend, Luke. I don't want my parents to know, not yet. I'm bad at keeping secrets I don't know how I have kept this one for over a month, I'm just so nervous.

"It's alright El, just focus on the road so we can get to the mall. You'll get better with practice, maybe you can drive on the way back as well" she says trying to be comforting, but I can tell she wants the drive to end.

***

Once we park the car, Mom and I get out grabbing our purses and locking the car.
"So I was thinking we go into a few stores for a homecoming dress, look for shoes and a matching purse, than stop for lunch. Sound good?" She asks me as she grabs my hand and leads us to the entrance of the first store.

"Sounds great Mom" I say as I start to look around.

"I wish you would've told me sooner so we didn't leave dress shopping to the last minute. What kind of style were you looking for anyways?" She asks.

"I was actually thinking a jump suite, but Mom I didn't leave it to the last minute, it's still more than three weeks out" I say slightly annoyed. People find me particular, needing everything to be planed and organized, but Mom is even more so.

"I know love, but I just want to make sure it is perfect for you. Speaking of which, do you have a date, or are you going to go with friends" she says, as we move to a new section away from the dresses and towards the jump suites.

"Just going to go with my friends" I say, turning away from me so she can't tell that I am lying. My plan is to go with Luke, I already asked him and he said he would love to. I would tell Mom, but I want to tell the family of Luke all together. I plan to do it in the next few weeks, before we go to homecoming together.

"Fun! Going with friends is so much more fun anyways. I always went with my friends, teenage boys are stupid. If I met your father when we were in high school I guarantee we would not be together now" she says reminiscing about when the two met. They two of them love each other so much, and sometimes it can be embarrassing, like making out when my friends come over. So focused on each other that they think they are the only two in the room.

"Instead we met-" she starts to say before I interrupt her.

"When you were twenty-three and dad was twenty-five when you knocked into him, spilling his coffee all over his outfit. You were so embarrassed you offered to get it cleaned for him, after dabbing the growing stain on his chest. He said yes to you cleaning it as he said, 'to shut you up since was already running late to his first day taking over the family business', but the real reason was to see you again" I recited as I have heard the story so many times. How they then went on several dates, much to Grandpa Walsh's dismay since Mom was not involved in the mafia, but they fought for their love, marrying a little more than a year later. As much as I pretend to be annoyed by then always telling the story, it's adorable seeing how much love her, it makes me want a love like theirs. Maybe I can have that with Luke, he is charming.