Chapter Sixteen

Aiden's Point of View

I promised my best friend, my boss, Collin that I would find his sister and protect her. So far in the last month I have not fulfilled that promise. It doesn't look like I will fulfill it any time soon either with the Italian mafia holding me hostage after we bombed their base.  The feeling of not being able to get Elenora and the fact the Italians might soon have her hurts me more than the week I have been down here of starvation, dehydration, and so far one session of them trying to get information out of me.

I was able to track Elenora down recently to the area after she gave clues that lead me to other side of the country looking for her. A few days ago I found out she was working at some shitty diner. I was hopping to pull it off so I could contact the Walshes and Collin could come and bring her back with me just in time for Christmas. We all really need to have one win this year with their mom passing, someone who also always there for me, but it just didn't work out.

I saw her through that diner window and was about to send Collin the location when the gang in the area attacked me for money.  It was only a few kids but when I was fighting them off but I didn't realize that had one hiding as back up. When the ones engaging with me saw the tattoo under my shirt showing I was with the Irish they signaled for him to shoot and it was too late.  They were only allowed to operate because the Italians in the area let them. Apparently an Irish prisoner was just enough for the Italians to continue to tolerate their gang.

I have been in a hazed state in the prison since but today it changed as the cage door creaked open and a blurry figure was shoved onto the ground next to me. It was too dark and I was too delirious to make him out but clearly he didn't have the same problem yet.

"Aiden?!" He asks, clearly seeing the lack of recognition on my face he clarifies "It's me, Davis" he says and then I realized he was a solder of the Irish, I knew him as a colleague and enough to know that he handled operation for us. The more explosions, the more exciting it was for him. Looks like whatever this last one was landed him some trouble.

"What happened?" I asked with a rasp in my throat from very little water in the last week. I clutch my side from the bullet wound, luckily a clean shot that didn't hit anything vital, as I turn to look at him.

"We attacked one of the Italians warehouses after the series of attacks they led on us, some payback if you will. With the problem with the Russians it's been hard to fight off these two major enemies at once. We took out their main weapons supply in hopes they will get off our backs and we turn our attention to the fuckhead Russian who hurt her. It was successful but unfortunately that meant I was not able to get away" I nod along trying to control my breathing. We are careful not to refer to Elenora by name to give the Italians someone to go after.

"Collin told me about a few attacks the Italians did on our supplies. God and this is just bad timing. Listen she is here around here I found her just before one of their gangs took me out. I was not able to let them know" I can almost feel him thinking in his panicked state. It's been a long time for them both of us.

"With gangs all around and them being on the look out for Irish, I really hope they don't find about her" he sighs "shit". I say shit back to him before I start to laugh hysterically at how bad my luck is and just how much I failed everyone I car about in my life. Not being able to save everyone I car about. My older brother when he died trying to save my mom and I and losing both of them in the process. Cathleen dying. Elenora being kidnapped and missing, I failed her twice. I just hope me being here doesn't hurt all of them even more.

"Jesus what drugs are they giving you down here" he says mumbling under his breath. I laughed so hard it felt like my half ass stitches might break. I finally started to sober up when the door to them room opened up and two dark silhouettes blocked the light from the open doors. The only thing that separated us was the cell bars.

"Well, well" one figure says to the other, "what luck we have hosting these two Irish idiots, isn't that right brother" My breath hitched as I realize that it was Dante and and Antonio Franco, the heads of the Italian mafia.

"You know I thought we on good enough terms, our mafias, we don't fuck with you and you don't fuck with us" the one on the the right says, pausing to grab the knife from the one on the left "we like that arrangement and we would've continued it gladly but it seems like your new man on top Collin had new ideas. So you draw first blood, but trust me we will draw more from the two of you alone" My heart stated to race and my brain goes on over drive. I'm not scared about the torture I've been trained to withstand it. I'm concerned that we thought that they attacked us first. That means on thing that our common enemy is trying to get us to kill each other off. The Russians. Not that that means they will hear me out, they both seem like me being in pain will be their favorite hobby.

***
Authors Note
Hope you enjoyed the next chapter! Please vote if you liked it and let me know characters you want to see more of.