Chapter Three

Seamus Walsh Point of View

Collin and I get out of the car walking into the warehouse. "You'll sit on few meeting today, but the one about our weapon shipments with Greeks you will, got it?" I say to my son.

"Got it Dad, I can handle it I'm ready" Collin says, and I know he is, he's been training to take over the mafia since the age of thirteen. He's brought fantastic business ideas about our weapon manufacturing that have significantly increased our sales, he will be a great leader. As soon as we step inside the warehouse, my phone starts to ring, I look down and see it's my beautiful wife calling. I hope it's to see if she can bring me and Collin left overs, she usually does when we have a busy day like today. I smile and answer my phone.

"Hello my darling, what can I do for y-" I start to say before she interrupts me.

"Listen, two black cars are following us, no license plates, no identification of what kinds of car, please send help" she say, I can tell she is trying not to sound panicked for El's sake. I stop walking and my smile drops, Collins sends me a concerned look, I put the phone on speaker.

"Where are you currently?" I say trying to keep my voice as steady as possible, even though I'm panicking on the inside. This shouldn't be happening, not to Cathleen, not to Elenora. They have been through so much they don't deserve it.

"Four minutes away from Emeralds, heading in the direction of the house" she says. Shit, in Chicago traffic that's thirty minutes away from us at best, before I can think I hear on the background of the phone call El.

"Mamma I'm scared" she says her voice shaking. This is not good, she only calls her Momma when she terrified and starts to shut down, she did it a lot when I first brought her back to the house at the age of nine, when she thought of David. My brain is running a million miles per minute, I don't know what to do.

"I will go round up the men her, and dispatch some that are closer. Mom, I need you to try to loose them, speed, turn abruptly and several time trying to loos them, then get onto the highway and get as far as you can away" Collin says taking charge, he says it sounding deathly calm, but I can see the anger and fear in his eyes. I'm proud of him, he's taking charge.

"You got that baby?" Cathleen says, to I'm assuming Elenora. It hits me, she's not the one driving, my little El is. Shit, I need to calm her down.

"Listen El, I need you to try to stay c-". The call cuts out before I can finish my thoughts.

***

Elenora Point of View

"I can't do this. I can't do this. I can't do this" I say panicking. Momma is talking but I can't hear, only my one heartbeat pounding in my ears. I'm only snapped out it, when Mamma grabs my shoulder.

"Hey you got this, just drive. I love you darling" she says. I nod as I start to to take Collin's advice, making sharp turns with no pattern until I can loose them. The car suddenly jerks forward as we are hit from behind. I look as the light turns to yellow twenty yards away. I slam on the gas, hoping to make it through. I made it. One care does. The other is hit. I let out a sigh of relief, only one is following us.

My heart is pounding and my hands are sweating but I know I can't stop, we are finally loosing the second car, I can't afford to mess that up. I already messed up twice, and they hit us both times. The fist sent Mamma's phone flying, cracking it, it's up to me to get out of this mess, my phone is dead and hers is broken, we have no way to communicate with our family.

"Quick get off here, it will lead us to the highway" she tells me, and I pull of still going fast. The trouble intact fully gone, but I feel like I can breath again.

"Thank god" I say, but a little to soon. A car start is to come directly at us, looks like the had other people waiting. I swerve off to the side to avoid them. Into a tree.

***

I start to wake up my head feels foggy. I look over to see if Mamma is okay, she isn't and it's all my fault. Windshield is completely broken with a tree branch going through, straight into her stomach. She starts to cough and blood comes out.

"Mamma" I say my voice breaking as well my heart. I did this this is my fault.

"It's not your fault love, I'm fine. How about we talk about something while we wait for your dad's men to come. Maybe that boy at the restaurant, you like him" I can tell she's trying to distract me, maybe ourselves. The men that attacked us are going to get to us long before the Irish do, I know Mamma just wants our last moments to be about something happier than either dying or being kidnapped.

"I didn't realize you saw him" I say, playing along.

"I have eyes" she says laughing, but ended up being more of a cough. I can't pull her out, if I do it will make it worse, it's hard to even move from my seat. I'm so close, but I can't do any thing I'm helpless. I need hope too, so I continue the conversation with Mamma.

"His name is Luke, and we're dating. I was planning on telling the hole family, but I wanted to get past the stress of Collin taking over the family business" I say, I always tell her everything, I don't want my last few minutes with her to be sour.

"I understand, does he treat you right?" She asks sounding more concerned about my love life than our situation.

"Yes he's-" I here footsteps coming to the car. I turn around and see the men that ran us off the road.

They rip of my door and grab me, I struggle in the grip. Stop struggling, you'll only make it worse. I start to cry, I don't want to be taken, I'd rather die.

"Mamma!" I scream, calling to her as if she she could do anything to stop this.

"You'll be fine love, our family, they will find you. I love you. When you see them again, tell them I love them as well. Especially little Maeve, she needs another woman in the house" she tells me. She not just saying goodbye to me, she's saying good bye to everyone. She thinks she will die, but our guys will get her soon and save her. Right? Before I can tell her I lover her, someone puts their hand over my mouth. Suddenly I pass out.

***

Collin Walsh Point of View

I've been tracking the location of their car, it stopped moving. This isn't good. They aren't on the highway yet. I'm getting nervous, I'm breaking every traffic law in existence trying to get to them. I getting closer, I'm on the road they turned onto. That's when I saw it, the car, the tree. Shit. I slam on the break, wrestle with my seatbelt and run out of the car and towards them.

Elenora isn't there, but Mom is. I examine her, she looks pale, it's clear she has lost a lot of blood. My hands shake as I reach out to take her pulse, putting my fingers on her cold neck. I reach out trying to feel something, anything, but that isn't the case, there's not pulse. She's gone. They didn't deserve this, Elenora is kidnapped and Mom is dead all because I didn't get here in time.

Off in the distance I hears tires screech. I get out my gun, releasing the safety, ready to shoot. I sigh in relief when I realize it's just Dad, but then a new wave of panic comes over me. He can't see her like that, he doesn't deserve this. Run up to him, trying to block Mom from his line of sight, but he pushes me to the side and runs to the car.

I can't look at her again it breaks my heart, I just stand there frozen. I hear his cries, as he screams in disbelief that the love of his life is dead. I don't want to, but I have to, I have to pull him away from Mom. We have to think clearly in order to rescue Elenora. I hesitantly walk over to Dad pulling him away from her and hold him while he cries.

"Come on Dad, let's get up, we need to go. She would want you to be strong, she would want us to go get El back" He nods, standing up. Then hit me, I have to tell Ryan and Maeve. The two of them don't even know that the car was being followed. Ryan, he's at basketball practice, he'll blame himself saying if he knew, here could have helped.

They all don't deserve this. Especially little Maeve she's too young too loose her mother, she's not even involved in the mafia, she's not aware of it. She shouldn't have live in a world where she expects terrible things to happen to those she loves and herself, I've learned to expect it, I'm in the mafia. I should have protected them, and shielded my younger siblings from this mess. It's my job to fix this.