Chapter Twelve

A/N: Trigger Warning, mention of abuse and rape

Elenora's Point of View

"You know, I can see why my son likes you" Alexi says, his disgusting callused hands groping my boobs. I start to whimper, and turn my head away to be as far as possible away from him. "Cry all you want kitten, it only turns me on more"

The word choice sent a shiver down my spine, so close to the sentiment repeated to a seven year old version of me, and just like that I was back on the dog bed I slept on while I lived with David, as he slowly removed my underwear. I closed my eyes and went to a place in my head where I had a family who gave me a room and made dinner for me, as I heard David grunt on top of me and an excruciating amount of pain shoot through my body.

"It's okay kitten, I always hurts for women like you, especially the first time" he says as he adjusted himself in his pants and walked away, leaving me naked on the floor, my legs coated in blood.

***

I gasped as woke up, covered in sweat. The tears I chocked back all of those years coming out as if the dam had broken. I have tried so hard to put David in the past, never talking about him to anyone, and sometimes I mange to forget, but it seems like my most current ghost, Alexi, has come with reinforcements.

Suddenly the room and the covers feel suffocating. And the moonlight no longer providing comfort and instead illuminating the tears glistening on my face, acting as a reminder of my pain. I run out of my room finding my way down to the kitchen for some water and a change of scenery to get my breathing back to normal.

I started to grab a cup from the cabinet, when I heard a door open near the kitchen, coming from what I assume to be the garage. Shit, everyone already went upstairs, I looked around to find anything I could use as a weapon and saw a knife and grabbed it off the counter, gripping it until my knuckles turned white.

Suddenly the kitchen light turns on and the man turns around. The man looks from me to the knife in my hands, and puts his hands up.

"Woah, okay, I'm assuming you're Elenora" I nod still holding the knife, "well I'm you're brother Matteo, maybe you could put the knife down" he said, using his head to pint to the counter. Shit I forgot Antonio mentioned my third oldest brother had a shift at the hospital. I walked over and set the knife down.

"Well this isn't how I thought we would meet" he said while laughing. "I'm Matteo, just got home from my shift" I should have put that together considering he was wearing scrubs and also a badge, but I was alone and freaked out because of my nightmare.

"Yeah, um, I thought you supposed to be back at midnight?" I say, almost as a question.

"Yeah, big emergency and they needed all the hands they could get, even a newbie resident like me" he says, "didn't expect to meet you until morning, what are you doing up so late, couldn't sleep?" He asks, and I just nod in response.

"Yeah, big adjustment, if ever want to talk or need anything just let me know" he says smiling, "you hungry?"

"I'm fine, I'm sure you're tired" I say, not wanting to burden him.

"It's fine, I am the best cook in the family, and I want to spoil my sister" I nod and he starts to pull out some things. He must be really good, because Toni's dinner last night was amazing, although nothing beats Mamma's cooking. "What don't believe in my cooking ability?" Matteo says, I must have laughed.

"Well, it's just Toni seems like a pretty good cook, so I'm curious to see how you can top his dinner from last night" I say.

"The eggplant parm?" I nod "I did all the prep, all he had to do was heat it up, glad you liked it though" he says

"What are you making now?" I ask curious what he is making.

"Just a Caprese salad, something simple, already have the balsamic reduction made" he says. "Here you go"

"Thanks" I says taking the plate from him.

"No problem" he says, sitting down himself to eat, "so anything in particular bothering you?"

"Not really" I say, Matteo nods but it is clear he didn't believe me. I think he understands I don't want to talk because we sit the rest of the time in silence. When I get up to my dish in the dishwasher he grabs it from me and I mumble a thanks, about to walk upstairs.

"You know if you ever want a late night snack, you can always come find me" he says after me, and I nod, walking away from another nice interaction with the family I should consider my enemy.

***

A/N
Thank you for reading! Short chapter but wanted to introduce Matteo, as I forgot to include him in the last chapter!

If you liked it please vote!