Chapter Seven

Sargent Rogers Point of View

I have to tell Elenora about her family, and I have to tell her family about her. I don't even know that they know about her, what am I even going to say to Dante Franco, what will he do when I tell him he has a younger sibling. I would hope he would take care of her like he did for the rest of his siblings.

"Okay thanks" I say to the genetic specialist "I will go contact Dante"

"That won't be an issue" she says. I send her a confused look before she nods over to the doors where we see the Franco twins, Francesco and Federico, walk in. They are being led in handcuffs by our new officer, Derek. He doesn't know how things are run around here, by the Francos, you see them doing something, you let them go. I've worked for them for a little more than ten years.

Before I worked for them I was a regular police officer who got into some bad substances, loosing the custody of my two sons. They helped me get back on my feet, and work my way into getting custody of my sons from their crappy mom who would always leave them without anyone while they were five and eight to go sleep with some random dealer in exchange for drugs.

Most of the police here are aware of the Mafia and tend to steer clear of them, me and a few others actually help out the Franco family. Derek is not one of those people, other officers have sort have warned him, but it's clear he didn't take it seriously. He's going to get himself killed one day, but today I can fix his problem of arresting the Franco twins.

"Hello Derek, I see you made an arrest" I say when I reach his desk. The twins look at me annoyed.

"Yes, caught these two at a street race" he says, proud of himself. God he's annoying.

"Well that's great, but I'm going to need them, they are apart of a case I am working on" I say as an excuse to take the twins over to their sister.

"Well I need to wrap up this paperwork, so they can stay here. You can talk to them afterwards" he says, shooing me away.

"I'm your Sargent, so when I say I need to talk to them, I will talk to them now. Don't worry I'll even file the paperwork for you" I say. He looks at me, contemplating how serious I am before nodding his head.

"Good" I say before escorting Francesco and Federico over to my desk.

"Thank god you got us out of that one. He's annoying. Are we good to go?" Federico asks me.

"Not yet" I say

"Why not?" Federico asks annoyed

"Because of her, she's your sister" I say. The two of them stare at me before they start to laugh. Elenora just stares at them, shocked.

"We don't have a sister" Francesco says

"Well yes you do, this is Elenora. We tested her DNA and she came back a match" Francesco and Frederico look at each other.

"Didn't Zia Andrea say that mom always want to name our little sister that" Francesco asks

"Yeah, maybe Andrea lied to us, maybe she didn't die" Federico says.

"Does Dante know about her?" They ask me.

"No I'm going to call him, I just got side tracked with the two of you" I say accusingly as I pull out my phone to dial the eldest brother of the Franco family.

The phone rings for a little bit before Dante picks up the phone, "Yeah, yeah I know, I'm already on my way to pick up my two idiot brothers" he says annoyed

"Great, but there is something-" I start to say before he is cut off.

"They got arrested by someone not under my control, like I said I already know. I am thirty minutes out, see you then" he says hanging up the phone abruptly.