Chapter Four

A/N: Warning mention of violence and rape

One Month Later
Elenora's Point of View

Nothing, I feel empty inside. All I want to do is be alone, but I can't, not with the voices in my head telling me it's all my fault. If I wasn't driving that day she would still be alive. Collin, Ryan and Maeve would still have their mother. All I can hear in my head is everyone saying it's my fault, they are telling the truth. If I wasn't here the Russians wouldn't have gotten to us, to Mom.

I hear the door to the bedroom but I don't have the energy to turn around to see who it is. I can never be alone, because if it isn't my thought bothering me, it one of them. Ever since I was rescued a few days ago they have been stopping in my room periodically  trying to get leave my room, to eat, or even to open the blinds. I don't know why the bother with me, I'm a murderer, I killed their family. I feel the bed dip as someone sits down.

"Come on kiddo you have to get out of bed today. Please only for an hour. You'll regret it if you don't come with us to say our final good byes" Seamus says trying to comfort me. He's petting my hair like he did when I was younger as way to comfort me when I had a panic attack. I don't know how he still considers me a daughter, I don't know why I was even invited to Mom- Cathleen's funeral, it's my fault she's dead. In captivity I held out hope that she would be alive, waiting for me when I got home, I shouldn't have done that. I remember the day I returned, thinking my torture was finally over, just to find out she was dead

***
I was sitting in my dark prison cells, the darkness was the only thing I've known for the past month. I can barely move and everything hurts, you barely see my skin with all the blood that covers me. Every time I hear footsteps pass outside my room, I shake, scared that someone is going to enter, and everyday they do. They haven't come today so all I can do is wait here and anticipate. I suddenly hear gun shots off in the distance, I hope those are the Irish, but I can't know for sure, I have to prepare for the worst.

I wait minutes, and no one is here, I think all the guards have left to join the fight. That's all I have heard for the last few minutes, is the constant rain of gunfire. Suddenly the door is yanked open, I cower in fear expecting it to be one of the Russians, but instead it is Collin. He looks at me and a look of guilt flashes over his faces, as he pauses. He then moves to pull his jacket off his shoulders to give me a shred of decency.

"Shh, you're okay" he says to me as he hesitantly pulls me into a hug. I couldn't do anything besides cry, as he held me, cry for all the shit that has happened in the last month.

"Come on. Let's get out of here" he says as he starts to run with me down the hallway, I don't remember much, I blacked out the fighting. The next thing I vividly remember is when we got to the van, where I saw Ryan and Dad for the first time in a month. They both hugged me, as we started to drive away.

"We're we able to get Alexi?" Collin asks, sounding hopeful.

Dad looks at me with pity, before hesitantly answering his question,  "No he must have gotten word and left before we arrived. I'm sorry kiddo, we will get him, make him pay for what he did to you and your mother"

Hearing my mother mentioned, I perked up.  "Is mom a-at h-home, d-did s-she sur-survive?" I ask already knowing the answer, but still holding on to that last sliver of hope.

"No, I'm sorry by the time we got to the wreck, had already past" Collin says as he grabs my hand trying to offer comfort but it doesn't do anything, "but she's now in a better place"

That's when I broke down, I don't want her to be gone, I want her to be with me.

***