Chapter 3

A/N: This chapter includes the start of the christman party!!!!!

this chapter is dedicated to my friend Erin who helped me write it!Love ya Erin :) 

Jace’s POV

I woke up full of sweat and I was lying on the floor. I got up; made my bed and put on clean jeans, a shirt and a pair of toms. There was a knock on my door, Alex walked in and sat on my bed “Morning sleepy head, what are your plans for today?” I went over to my curtains and pulled them open, “I’m training Clary for most of the morning and then going to her Christmas party tonight and you?” Alec shrugged “I don’t really any, who you mind if I helped you train Clary?” “Not at all,” a familiar voice answered instantaneously. Clary walked over and sat on the opposite side to Alec. “You know that eavesdropping is rude and that I asked Jace,” snapped Alec, “NOT YOU, BITCH!” Clary gasped, offended. “Alec!” I cried. Alec got up and stormed angrily out of the room. “Sorry,” said Clary sheepishly. She could see that I wasn’t amused. “It isn’t your fault, he’s still upset about the whole Magnus thing.” I said stiffly, “So are you ready to train?” I smiled and she nodded, relieved. “What are we going to do today?” she enquired, hugging her knees. I shrugged. “I don’t know. What do you want to do?” Just I said that, the door swung open Maryse walked in. “Good morning,” said Maryse. “Clary, I found somebody to teach you about your powers.”

Clary’s POV

As she said that, a young man stepped in. He was handsome and looked about the same age as Jace. “Clary, Jace, I would like you to meet Bryce Lovelace.” Said Maryse, gesturing towards the boy. Bryce stepped forward and shook both of our hands. “I suppose you are Clarissa Fray,” he said contemptuously, “and you, you are Jace Herondale, I have heard a lot about the both of you.” I stood up. “Please, call me Clary.” I said politely. He nodded. “Well Clary, I’m going to teach you how to use your powers.” He said. Jace smiled at me. “Have fun, Clary. I’ll see you later at the party.” With that, he kissed me tenderly on the cheek and we all left the room. Jace and Maryse headed for the library while Bryce and I headed for the training room. “So, is that Jace guy your boyfriend?” he asked. I smiled and said, “Yeah, I guess he is...” Bryce looked a little disappointed. “And that vampire is your best friend, right?” he queried. I was flabbergasted. “Yes,” I said cautiously, “his name is Simon.” Bryce nodded. “You guys dated a while back, hey?” he questioned. I nodded. “But he’s dating Isabelle Lightwood currently, right?” My eyes narrowed suspiciously. “Yes and yes.” I answered guardedly. “How do you know all of this?” Bryce chuckled to himself. “I did my homework.” I giggled. “Okay,” I said, “can I see the bibliography, then?” Bryce laughed again and pulled a book out of his bag. “This book contains all the ruins in existence; you’re going to need learn these before I can train you to harness your powers.” He explained.  I nodded and gulped nervously. The book he handed me was huge, thick and looked very old. While he dusted the book off for me, I took the opportunity to allow my eyes to wander right from his head to his feet, taking in every detail. Bryce was very handsome. He had golden hair that was a bit lighter than Jace’s and dark blue eyes. He was a bit shorter than Jace. “Clary?” He said, bemused, snapping me out of my deep thoughts. “Are you listening to me?” The door opened, saving me just as my cheeks flushed red. Isabelle walked in, humming. “Oh, I’m sorry,” said Isabelle, stopping, “I didn’t think anybody was in here.” I was relieved that Isabelle interrupted us. “Hey, Izzy,” I said. “This is Bryce Lovelace. He’s here to teach me about my powers.” Bryce smiled. “You must be Isabelle Lightwood, it is a pleasure to meet you.” He said, kissing her hand. She blushed lightly. “Well,” said Bryce, “I have to go now. Clary, will you please start through that.” He gestured to the thick book in my hands. “Okay.” I said. Bryce smiled. “It was a pleasure to meet you Isabelle,” he said, then, as an afterthought, he added, “You too, Clary.” With that, he turned on his heel and walked out. “Well, isn’t he yummy.” Said Isabelle, raising a flirtatious eyebrow. I giggled. Isabelle grinned. “You’re so lucky to have him around you everyday...” I shrugged. “I suppose I am.” I murmured. The door flew open and in stormed Jace, looking angry. “Hey,” I said, hugging Jace hello, “What’s wrong?” He shook his head moodily. “Hey Izzy.” He muttered indolently. She waved. I moved away from him a bit to ask, “Jace, what’s wrong?” Jace sighed in irritation. “That stupid mother fucker is taking my place!” he snapped. Isabelle and I exchange communicative looks. “Bryce told Maryse,” barked Jace, pacing back and forth, “that he will train you and when she told him that I’m training you he said that I’m not fit to train you because I’m your boyfriend and that I won’t train you properly. Yes, I haven’t been training you properly these last couple of weeks but we had the whole Sebastian thing and then...” Isabelle interrupted. “Jace,” she said abruptly, “calm down. No need to get all angry.” She put a comforting hand on his shoulder. “I agree,” I  said soothingly. “Let’s just forget about this and have a good time at the party, okay?” He nodded and, still looking brooding, went off to find Alec. “Now that was odd,” said Isabelle, breaking the awkward silence. “Come with me.” Isabelle grabbed my hand and flounced off towards the door. “Where are we going?” I asked, still clinging to the book Bryce gave me. Isabelle rolled her eyes. “To my room,” she said in a ‘duh’ tone. “to find you something pretty to wear tonight.” I smiled. “Thanks Isabelle.” I said, giving her a hug. Isabelle smirked. “It’s only my duty to make you look stylish. Remember the first time that you borrowed my clothes and I did your hair up and the Jace loosened it? Well, he’s been in love with you ever since!” I felt a solitary tear run down my cheek and I wiped it away with my cheek. “I know,” I said emotionally, “he told me. Wow! I really am lucky, I mean since the day I met you guys in the club all you’ve done is be nice to me!” We reached Isabelle’s door to her room and she ushered me inside. “I have the nicest green dress that I think you would look absolutely perfect in!” Isabelle said. I giggled. “Isn’t that going to be a bit cliché?” I ask. “After all, it is a Christmas party and green is a Christmas colour.” Isabelle laughed. “I suppose so. How about pink then?” I nodded. Isabelle pulled a beautiful cerise pink dress which sparkled like a diamond from her closet. My mouth fell open. “Pretty isn’t it?’ asked Isabelle, running her hand almost lovingly over the fabric. “It’s beautiful!” I agreed. I went into the bathroom and pulled on the dress....

--:--:--:--:--

A/N: Next chapter will be a big one!!!!! please vote and comment, if you do you might get a dedication in the next chapter!

Please can you also follow me on twitter @CVissey if you do just send me a dm and i will follow you back!!