Chapter 4: Meet me in my dreams more

★¸.•☆•.¸★¸.•☆•.¸★¸.•☆•.¸★¸.•☆

As I was falling into the land of slumber, I heard a voice behind me, almost a whisper,

"I found you, Y/n"

I know that voice, his hands travel along my sides as he brings his face closer to mine, he lowered his voice, "Did you miss me?"

"How did you get into the real world?" I asked, "I have my methods" There was a pause for a moment before he put his face closer to my ear, "Can I not intervene with your world as you did with mine? Where's the pleasure in that, hm?"

Why is he here? How is he here?

I hold my head in frustration as his laugh echoes in the pitch-black room we were standing in.

"You should stop thinking about how I got here. Relax, enjoy yourself for a bit!" He whispered in my ear once again before letting go of me, releasing me from his grip.

"How are you here?" I took a step back and faced him, "Now, that's no way to welcome a guest"

I hate the smug look on his face, he's enjoying himself.

"Come on, can I not meet you in your dreams?"

"You shouldn't be here, yet here you are, meeting me in my dream"
I looked at him, keeping a poker face "I could easily erase you from existence, I could make you suffer twice as much pain as you did, now tell me, my dear; 

Do you wish to take such a great risk?

He paused and gave me a 'no way you'd do that' look before frowning. I just giggle at his actions, "Kidding~! But you seriously need to stop, don't test things that are out of your reach."

"Is that not your fault? Did you forget who I am? I'm the Balladeer, number 6 of the fatui harbingers."

"Don't use the introduction I gave you against me, I will not hesitate to turn you into a shrine maiden if I have to." His expression changed,

"Okay, my bad, I apologize" He was upset with the argument,
"You know, you're pretty bold for actually escaping your reality and coming into mine, this reality is not any better, let me warn you about that." I gave him a slight smile as I sat down on the ground;

It doesn't take him long to sit beside me, "How come your world is worse than mine?" He asked, his eyes full of curiosity.

"There are numerous people that are awful and will try to hurt you either way, even if you didn't do anything wrong."

"Why? Is everyone here a sick bastard like Dottore?"

"Speaking of Dottore, you aren't going to like him so much after what happens in the next few chapters. " He frowned at me,

"You of all people should know that I hate him. " I slightly chuckle at his reaction, "Still, prepare yourself and I'm sorry in advance."

He tries to pull his hat over his face but to his surprise, he isn't wearing his hat. He looked up at where his hat should be and then asked,

"Where's my hat?"

"First of all, you entered my dream and now you ask me where your hat is? How absurd."

We sat there for a while, talking and laughing. I enjoy his company, it feels like I've known him my whole life, he's exactly how I imagined,

Cute, smart, funny, and sarcastic.

He tells me how he was feeling about all of his betrayals, how he felt when he started his journey as Kunikuzushi and how he hates his fellow harbingers, I listen to all of his words carefully.

"And then they try to escape missions they don't like" He explained everything in great detail, I know I wrote him but it feels nice hearing his views on things.

He then told me what he'd do next, how he planned on repaying Aether and erasing himself from existence. I gave him my views on it and encouraged him since I know he wouldn't be completely wiped out as he hoped he would be.

"I don't know what I should do, I want to change the past, I want to erase myself from existence. I wish I'd never been born at all." He had a slight voice crack, "Scara-" He looked at me "

I know you wrote me but don't call me such a stupid nickname, I didn't spend years in training and become the 6th harbinger for you to call me 'Scara', I don't care who you are, you will refer to me respectively."

Rude much?

"Listen here you little sh- I mean, let's not jump to conclusions, I am your acquaintance, after all.  I know you, I suppose I can say I know you more than you know yourself." He thought about it for a moment, "Still not fair"

I sigh, "Come on, Scaramouche! I'm basically your friend at this point!" He looked up at the black ceiling of the room, "...Friend? Do friends give each other nicknames?" he glanced over at me, "Yes, they do. Which is why I called you Scara~"

Silence, he was in his thoughts again.

"I suppose if you're my friend, then it's okay."

"Y/n, wake up, it's time for school"

I could feel my dream start to drift, I looked over at Scara to see him standing there, I looked him in the eyes before speaking;

"Meet me in my dreams more"

He chuckled, before nodding
"I'll make sure to meet you often"
He looked at me, amused.
"Do you enjoy my company~???"
I teased, my mom's calls getting louder,

"I'll see you soon"

That's when I woke up,

"You took longer to wake up than usual, and I didn't realize you made a cover for the book you're writing already!" My mom showed me the cover,

I didn't commission any artist to draw the cover for me, at least, not yet.

★¸.•☆•.¸★¸.•☆•.¸★¸.•☆•.¸★¸.•☆

ANNNNND that's a wrap for "Chapter 4: Meet me in my dreams more"!

hope you all enjoyed this chapter!! and I'll see you all next time,

Serena

Words: 1016