Chapter 5: It's You...

★¸.•☆•.¸★¸.•☆•.¸★¸.•☆•.¸★¸.•☆

"Meet me in my dreams more"

He chuckled, before nodding
"I'll make sure to meet you often"
He looked at me, amused.
"Do you enjoy my company~???"
I teased, my mom's calls getting louder,

"I'll see you soon"

That's when I woke up,

"You took longer to wake up than usual, and I didn't realize you made a cover for the book you're writing already!" My mom showed me the cover,

I didn't commission any artist to draw the cover for me, at least, not yet.

"Yeah mum, my friend drew it for me!" I smiled at her, and he nodded, "Is this the main character? the boy on the cover?"
I nod as I observed the cover, admiring it.

"Well, Y/n dear, get up and get dressed, it's your first day of school after winter break"

I hate school.

I get up as my mother goes downstairs, I get ready and prepare myself for school. If it wasn't for my teachers and my friends, I wouldn't go to school.

After I was done getting ready, I sit down with my mother for breakfast. She welcomed me with a warm smile, I returned her smile and then started eating, after breakfast, I grab my bag and headed outside.

"Bye mum, I'm off to school!" she gave me a quick 'I love you, be safe' before I walk outside, as I open the door, I saw my best friend standing outside.

"Woah Y/n, where have you been the past few days?"

"Just busy, author stuff, you know?"

"I see, how'd it go? did you finish writing Scaramouche?" I nod in response, we were talking the whole way to school and once we reach the school gate, I notice a familiar face in the crowd.

We make eye contact for a second, he smiled at me before he completely disappeared.

What was that?

Maybe I'm just seeing things, there's no way someone could disappear in real life! that's all in books, right?

I walked inside and parted ways with my best friend since we have different classes, "See you during the break, Y/n" She gave me a loving smile. "You too, be safe, don't fight with your professor again" She giggled before walking off,

I made my way to my class and took a seat, soon the professor came and started the lecture. It was all going peacefully until that one kid started making jokes about stupid shit.

"Professor,  how do you know about this if you're not even wedded? Did you learn about this from porn? Or are you just a sussy baka and watched it online?"

I hate this kid, why is he in my first class? The whole class started laughing at his words, except the professor. He looked genuinely pissed, and he raised his hand which he usually does whenever he's annoyed. I looked over at the kid and gave him a 'stfu' look.

After class, I packed my things before. One of my textbooks looked weird and I picked it up to take a closer look, "Miss me already?" The book spoke, and I threw it out of horror. "You didn't have to throw your book like that you know?"

"Scaramouche?" I whisper-yelled at the book, "Bingo! Say, I found a way to come into your world!" He exclaimed. "Don't come here, you'll ruin everything and will cause an imbalance in the world"

"What if I want to cause an imbalance in your pathetic world?"

"Do whatever you want, I do not care"

I shoved the notebook in my bag and made my way to my other class;

There's no way he can come here, right? There's absolutely no way.

I sighed and went on with my day,
It was currently 1 pm, lunch break. I met up with my friends for lunch and we were all talking.

"You won't believe what happened today! I saw a guy who was drop-dead gorgeous, might pass out right now but I don't know tho"

Everyone continued to tell their stories during break while I just laughed and ate my food.

"You know, once I asked Akito for love advice and he told me 'don't be yourself, you'll scare off all the boys' that left me heartbroken" Regan dramatically rose her arms to her heart, I laughed, "Hey, you don't have the best personality, you know?" Akito spoke in his defense.

"What are you implying?"

"What do you think I'm implying?"

"What do you think that I think?"

"What do you think that I think that you think?"

"What do you think that I think that you think that I think?"

"Please st-"

"What do you think that I think that you think that I think that I think?"

I sighed at their pitiful argument.

"Can you please stop? Breaks almost over."

They continue with their fight,  I sometimes feel like I'm their babysitter rather than their friend.

As if on cue, the bell rang and we had to get to class once again. I and Akito had the same class while Regan and An had the same class, we parted ways and went to our classes.

It was math class now, and I lowered my voice and spoke "Tell me if the professor comes this way, I'm gonna nap for a sec"
Akito nodded and I placed my head on my table and fell asleep.

I entered the land of slumber once more, I looked around the place, this time it wasn't a dark room but rather the front of the Grand Bazar, I entered the area and looked around, I saw Nilou performing and the people have gathered around while watching her. I made my way to the crowd and watched her dance, she was so elegant and beautiful.

A hand pulled me to the side, I couldn't see their face properly, they were wearing normal clothes, unlike the people of Sumeru. The person stopped and looked at me, I was confused and didn't know what to say.

"It's you..."

★¸.•☆•.¸★¸.•☆•.¸★¸.•☆•.¸★¸.•☆

andddd that's a wrap!

hope you all enjoyed this chapter and I'll see you all next time<3

Until next time,

Serena

Words: 1031