Chapter 8: I love you in your dreams

★¸.•☆•.¸★¸.•☆•.¸★¸.•☆•.¸★¸.•☆

"Didn't know you had it in you, Scara"

I placed my hand on top of his to congratulate him, he nodded his head in agreement

"What's that in your hand?" he looked over to my phone, "That's a phone, I'll explain how it works and I have a spare one with a sim if you want it!" I explained.

"It could be useful, so.. Why not?"

I gave him the phone and taught him how to use it, surprisingly,  he caught on really quickly.

"That's all, now give me your phone" he gave me a confused expression, "Why?"

This was my chance, "It has something wrong with it" I explain with a straight face, "It doesn't have your number in it"

He cringed at the pickup line and gave me his phone, I added my number to it and we were done.
"When should I text you?"

"In case of emergency, if you need something or if you're in trouble."

"Alright I texted you"

New message from Unknown!

Unknown:
You stink

Me:
Excuse me that's so rude :(

Unknown:
What's that?

Me:
What's what?

Unknown:
What's ":("?

Me:
Boomer, but you're not from here so I don't blame you

It's a sad face

Unknown:
Like ☹️?

Me:
Yeah, exactly

Wait let me save ur contact

You have changed Unknown's name to "Scara"!

Me:
That's better
Seen at 6:42 pm

Over the next few weeks, Scaramouche and I became close pals, sometimes it didn't feel like we were pretending to date.

We would hang out a lot since he didn't have many friends, he was pretty popular tho. He'd be in trouble for the weirdest things, like cursing at a kid, beating someone up, and losing his temper with the teachers.

I found him getting detention almost every day.

Surprisingly tho, he was smart as hell, he passed all his finals with amazing grades and topped our grade.

Sometimes he would get on my nerves but he wasn't too bad, I found him opening up to me more and he even began helping me out with my books!

It had been almost 3 months since Scaramouche came into my world, we'd done many crazy things together, and while I would always back down from new things due to being scared, he would always force me to do anything or everything he found interesting.

A while after, I found myself looking forward to hanging out with him, I found peace being around him.

I suppose you could say I was falling for him, hard.

I was hesitant about being his fake girlfriend, but surprisingly, he's a gentleman. He's really kind and he's not ashamed to call me his girlfriend, even in front of our whole school, even tho it's just an act.

We would sometimes fall asleep in the same room since we would do homework together and talk badly about people we hated, it was interesting. He was so peaceful when he slept, unlike when he was awake and has a frown like 100% of the time.

"N/n, are you done with your part?" he looked over to my work, I was still struggling. He signed and sat beside me, grabbing my pen and notebook. "Listen here, and listen close." he began writing and explained in details

"The law of conservation of mass states that no atoms are lost or made in a chemical reaction. Instead, the atoms join together in different ways to form products. This is why, in a balanced symbol equation, the number of atoms of each element is the same on both sides of the equation.
Since atoms are not lost or made in a chemical reaction, the total mass of the products is equal to the total mass of the reactants. The sum of the relative formula masses of the reactants is equal to the sum of the relative formula masses of the products. Is that clear, Y/n?"

He placed the pen down and looked at me, I gave him a nod.

When we were done, we packed out things and snuggled together, this was uncomfortable the first few times but now it feels like a habit, we usually wake up hugging each other no matter how far we sleep.

"Goodnight," I said, turning off the light, "Mmm... Night"

Today I woke up with Scara hugging me, usually, I would wake up with him holding me as if he was having a dream about unaliving me, but today he was hugging me,

I looked at his features for a bit, before holding him close and kissing his forehead.

"I love you, rest well"

I hold him close before falling asleep once again,

Little did I know, he was awake at that time.

He smiled to himself, as the words "I love you" repeated in his head.

★¸.•☆•.¸★¸.•☆•.¸★¸.•☆•.¸★¸.•☆

that a wrap!

sorry for the short chapter, I'll post another update or make up for it by posting 2 chapters tomorrow, I'm really sick rn and am dying and have no ideas.
plus school is being really rude and i cant write as much

gonna post a better than this, the next chapters are better, hopefully.

until next time,

serena

words: 864