Chapter 17: Electric touch

★¸.•☆•.¸★¸.•☆•.¸★¸.•☆•.¸★¸.•☆

He panicked and rushed out of the room, leaving me with my thoughts.

Moments later, Scaramouche walked in with a serious look on his face.

"I'm sorry Y/n," he said, I gave him a confused look "Why?"

I looked over at his hands as they formed an electric orb and he electrocuted me.

Scaramouche's pov:

I let out a sigh, she fell asleep again. Great, this makes work harder for us, if this were a romance drama and I waited for her to wake up, that would be cute but this case is different.

I only do this for my revenge, I hid the pen so she can't escape. I'll give her harder and harder tasks until she breaks, and then...

I'll rebuild her, to my liking.

I laugh at the thoughts and my men gather around and run some tests on her before erasing the memories she recovered.

I somehow feel like she knows she isn't from here, our conversation that we had about a week ago...

I close my eyes, recalling the memories.

"Scaramouche? Do you think that there's another world out there? Like a parallel universe?"

Fuck, why is she asking that?

"Hmm, depends on why you're asking," I spoke.

she put my hand under her chin, "I swore to be a part of the fatui for all my life, and I love my job! But sometimes I wish I could be something else."

"What do you want to be?" her eyes lit up at the question, "An author! I think it would be fun to write a book! And I could write so many characters and such," she explained.

I held her hands in an attempt to electrocute her in case she remembered more than she should.

Moments later, I asked her

"What type of books do you want to write?" she paused for a second, "Hm... Probably tragic books, I want a character to be sad and relatable due to my own experience."

Own tragic experience?

Please, she's a human. She can't possibly have more trauma than me, but it has me thinking...

What did she go through? As for the act of me trying to bring her here, she never once mentioned what happened to her family.

I suppose we'll never know, such a shame.

I suppose it would be fun to know, that way I could traumatize her more.

Hmm, but for now I need to gain her trust. I don't know what strategy I'll apply, but she did give more information when she was my official "girlfriend"

I should try to warm up to her, she's gonna be stuck here until she dies so we should try to get along.

I look over at her once again.

She's been living in a loop for a while now, every time she gains a slight bit of her memories, we erase them and tell her she failed a mission.

It breaks her heart but then when we take her on missions, she does very well. It's the dedication that counts.

Many people in the fatui only work here for money, power, or reputation.

Nobody actually enjoys their jobs, not even us harbingers. She's the only one in the fatui who enjoys her job, which is great.

We need hard-working soldiers who are ready to give up everything if ordered to. That's how we will rule over the whole of teyvat.

We have the three gnoses, we're going to get the fourth one soon. This time, the plan won't fail, and I will become the God of Sumeru.

It wasn't fun living in a loop while fighting that little archon, this time I won't let her use the spell she used.

This time, Y/n is going to be there. She'll distract the traveler while I take the little archons gnosis.

I hope she can take on that traveler, that bastard is pretty strong. But our constant training has made Y/n pretty strong, I wouldn't say she'd encounter any problems while fighting the traveler.

This time, we will succeed.

Watch out traveler, we're going to take you down this time.

I glance over at Y/n who just woke up, "Sir... I'm sorry." she spoke, looking to the side. "Why are you sorry?"

"I let us down once again, I can't believe this happened again." her voice cracked.

Those words, almost made me feel bad for her. She constantly thinks we failed a mission when she gets her memories erased, my fault for that.

I have no other choice tho, though we need her here. She can provide great use to us.

"Don't apologize, Y/n. You did well on this mission" she looked up at me and I gave her a gentle smile.

"Really?!"  she asked, her voice filled with excitement. I let out a laugh at her childish behavior, "Yes, Y/n.  You did well. I'm proud of you,"

She did a small happy dance while laying down as I told her that, the other times I would harshly yell at her and insult her for failing the mission.

Maybe this time I could be gentle, she needs some affection before the big plan.

★¸.•☆•.¸★¸.•☆•.¸★¸.•☆•.¸★¸.•☆

that's a wrap!!

gentle scara? where is this leading tooooooooo??? ooooooooooo

this is kinda short (like scara) anyways im gonna play TCG, you all should appreciate this chapter cuz i left my TCG game for this sjdjd

the next few chapters will be longer, i hope. this chapter was kind of forced-ish?

anyways, i hope you all enjoyed this chapter! I'll see you all next time!

goodbye, take care<3

serena,

words: 940 (sorry sorry)