Chapter 20: Brainwashed

★¸.•☆•.¸★¸.•☆•.¸★¸.•☆•.¸★¸.•☆

It had been a week since I last saw Scaramouche, and I won't lie, life here without him was boring.

I miss the thrill of adventure and following orders, maybe I'm just bad at doing things on my own but I do hope he's alright.

Today, Aether said we could visit Nahida and see how both of them are doing.

"Do you think Scaramouche is okay?" I asked, "I think you should worry about getting back home rather than wait for him to wake up. He's probably going to force you back into the fatui with himself" Paimon replied.

She was right, I should get back home but something about home felt unsettling.

Was it the fact he brainwashed me so much or the fact that he's the only company I've had for the time I've been trapped here?

"Paimon, let's not make Y/n unsettled and not make things stressful for her." Paimon looked at me and mumbled a sorry, I smiled at her and assured her everything was alright.

As we entered the area, Nahida gave us a warm welcome. "He's doing better and he's ready to go back to the fatui now, I already traded my gnosis and the electro gnosis in exchange for information about your sibling and some other things"

"Ready to leave?" I extended my hand to Scaramouche who was sitting on the floor, zoned out.

"Mhhmm" he replied, taking my hand and getting up. "You gave her information about the fatui in exchange for the gnosis?" I asked.

He only shrugged, "It was that bastard's idea. Toothpaste-haired bastard."

"I suppose we should get going now, we will try to visit if we can!"

"No, we won't."  he cut me off

How rude.

We all said our farewells as Scaramouche and I went outside and left

"Show me the gnosis" I demanded, he only rolled his eyes and reached into his pockets and showed me two gnoses.

"Pretty..."

Gnoses are pretty, but they are also quite chaotic...

I look over at him, "Hey, how did it feel?"

"What do you mean 'how did it feel?' you were there, you saw the whole thing. You're the reason it happened twice."

"Jeez, no need to be rude I already said sorry for traumatizing you."

He stopped walking, "Don't tell me you gained your memories back there, maybe that stupid blondie fed lies to you while I was passed out."

"No, Scara, let's be honest. I am sorry for the way I wrote you, but I can't do anything about it now. You already exist and nothing can change that, you're people's favorite because they relate to you, and you're my favorite because I relate to you."

"If I was your favorite, you wouldn't make me suffer this way."

"I only wanted us to be similar, you're me but a bit diverse!"

He looked over at me, "go on"

"Well, you see! In my world, teenagers have problems fitting in, no matter what they do, people always lie and leave. People in my world have issues and use stories as an escape from this world. When I was writing you, I wanted you to be someone people felt relatable to. Someone who understood how it felt to be betrayed and most importantly;

Someone who knows how intense emotions suck, someone who only wants to be loved and accepted".

He pulled his hat down and looked away, covering his face completely. But I could tell his emotions got the best of him and he was probably sobbing, I patted his shoulder and tried to comfort him.

It felt nice to communicate and clear all misunderstandings, all of this could've been avoided if I had told him this earlier.

"Shh, don't cry. It's alright"

I heard a muffled voice, "I am NOT crying"

I waited for him to calm down before we went back home, I mean it's not home but we live there so it's home now. I bought Scara some stuff and we continued to walk back to our area.

Once we arrived there, all the soldiers saluted Scaramouche and he ordered them to prepare for our departure tomorrow morning.

All of them went to make preparations and I turned to him, "Will you let me go home?" he was silent for a few minutes before speaking.

"I don't want you to leave just yet but I suppose it would be nice to go to your world for a change."

Ah, so now he began to enjoy my company.

Soon, our boat was ready. I met up with Aether and Paimon before leaving, Aether gave me a hair clip with a flower and a handwritten letter, and I gave them both a tight hug before waving goodbye.

"BYE Y/N BE SAFE PAIMON WILL MISS YOU AND WRITE US SOMETHING IF YOURE FREE BYEEEEEEEE" Paimon yelled at the top of her lungs, I laughed and yelled back "Take care you two! Be safe and visit me sometime!" 

Scaramouhe only rolled his eyes and gave me a heavy sigh and our boat was off. I was still waving goodbye to them with a huge smile on my face.

"I guess they have something that makes anyone like their company, hm?" I asked, my eyes still on them.

"Maybe but from past experiences in the abyss, I would say Lumine is the better twin."

"You met Lumine before?!?" I asked, "How is she? How is she?"

"She's ok, just a bit smarter and denser than Aether."

"Don't say that about Aether, I enjoyed my time with them while you got your beauty sleep"

"Yeah yeah, shut up."

The rest of the way back was just quiet, too quiet.

I didn't speak much since I was excited to go back home and break the pen once we got to the fatui headquarters.

That would mean I could never see this world again, never experience the thrill of adventure ever again...

But now, I just want to go home and cry. Cry my heart out, I miss my mother and my room.

★¸.•☆•.¸★¸.•☆•.¸★¸.•☆•.¸★¸.•☆

thats a wrap!

is the ending for this ff near? ALREADY??

probably not i still have alot planned tbh

anyways~

i hope you enjoyed this chapter and be sure to let me know what you think!

see you all next time,

serena

words: 1056