Chapter 9: Falling In Love

★¸.•☆•.¸★¸.•☆•.¸★¸.•☆•.¸★¸.•☆

Scaramouche's pov:

There's one thing I could never understand,

Love, what is love?

Some may say it's what makes a person feel complicated inside, it's what you feel around a certain person.

While others describe it as a curse, a curse so brutal it can shatter your heart into a million pieces.

Is this feeling, is it worthy of calling love? Hah, of course not.

I imagine love as something which makes you strong, which gives you strength and a reason to fight for.

How are you supposed to protect the one you love if you're weak?

"Are you okay?" Y/n asked, with concern in her voice. "I've been calling you for the past 10 minutes, you're still in bed and we have school today." she sighed,
I got up and went to get ready.

Soon, we were at school, and of course, we were holding hands. How else would it be convincing that we're 'dating'?

Y/n was holding my hand so gently... Almost as if she's afraid I might break any second. I gave her hand a tight squeeze, smirking as she yelped in pain.

I didn't think I would find anything this entertaining, it was nice having good company instead of that stupid traveler who was forcing me to be their friend, glad that never happened.

I look over at Y/n who's paying attention in class, her favorite class.

I smile to myself and focus on the lecture.

...Am I falling for her?

Y/n pov:

I look over at Scaramouche who's peacefully asleep, his head resting on my shoulder. I place my hand on top of his and pull him into an embrace.

That didn't wake him up, thankfully

Scaramouche's pov:

I slowly opened my eyes, seeing Y/n holding me close.

What is this? Is it supposed to be this way? I don't think so...

I slowly wrap my arms around her waist, snuggling closer.

She smiled at the act, the same smile that I adore.

Her smile... It has its delight, I find myself looking for ways to make her smile.

"You look stupid wearing that goofy ass smile"

Shit, that's not what I wanted to say. I was going to say 'your smile is the only one I look forward to seeing or 'Your smile lights up the entire room'

I hate this, I hate hot I can't express my feelings properly. She didn't take any offense to it, though, she smiled even more and hugged me closer.

"This is the only time I'm going to let you hug me this close, don't get used to it."

"Okay, mister grumpy. I won't get used to it" she laughed at my comment.

"Can I ask you something?" she nodded in response, "Do you think we could... Do this if we try?" I ask, keeping my eyes glued to her face.