Chapter 16: Impossible

★¸.•☆•.¸★¸.•☆•.¸★¸.•☆•.¸★¸.•☆

Suddenly, I felt a slight headache...

I ignore it but soon it got worse, I close my eyes due to the pain and hold my head.

"This looks expensive, I should be careful with it"

Is that me? That's impossible, I don't recognize an object like that...

"I know that you wrote this story and this isn't supposed to happen"

Lord Scaramouche? What story? What isn't supposed to happen?

I open my eyes and look around the room once more... Why did I have those flashbacks? They don't belong to me.

I was saved by the Balladeer when my parents died. He took me in since I was young, what are these memories of... Another life?

I sigh and bury my face into a pillow and let out a scream.

This is so frustrating.

I heard the door open and he walked in, "Wow, you look miserable." I huff at the comment as he gives me a bored look.

"I've been getting memories of another life, sir. Am I not from here?"

He stopped in his tracks and his mask fell for a second, revealing a horrified and nervous look. But he quickly regained his composure and walked closer to my bed.

"No, Y/n. You belong here. Right here with me, in the fatui. I suppose the treasure holder hit you a bit too hard."

I rub the back of my neck, "I guess so"

He sat beside me and held my hands, I look into his eyes as he spoke, "Y/n, you belong here."

And it went on that way, I kept getting memories and he would hold my hands and say the same sentence, it was almost as if he was erasing my memories because I would forget about my memories right after and admire his caring personality.

It was scary but I love my job in the fatui, especially after how they helped me.

Nobody in this cruel world shows sympathy for anyone, they don't care about anyone but themselves.

Over the next few months, I did a lot of things, I became closer to sir Scaramouche, and I went on many missions with him and he is impressed by my skills.

I even had a chance to duel with sir Tartaglia! He did win but both of us were badly injured afterward and sir Scaramouche was pissed. Me and sir Tartaglia were banned from the main halls and training area for 3 months.

Tonight was a special mission and sir Scaramouche arranged a night stay for us soldiers at the hotel, the place is pretty but he wanted me to stay in his room.

That was fine tho! There were two king-sized beds in his room, lucky me.

He got a room at the top and we could see the sky from his room, "Sir Scaramouche! Look! The stars are so pretty.."

I say, looking at the sky from the window side.

"They're all a gigantic hoax, Y/n. You should know that better than anyone being part of the future." I sigh, "But what if they aren't a lie? What if the sky is real?"

I face him, he gives me an annoyed glance. "Let's not do that, and one other thing, do not refer to me formally in private."

The request was confusing but I did as I was told, he eventually came and took a seat beside me to watch the stars. "Scaramouche? Do you think that there's another world out there? Like a parallel universe?"

"Hmm, depends on why you're asking." I put my hand under my chin, "I swore to be a part of the fatui for all my life, and I love my job! But sometimes I wish I could be something else."

"What do you want to be?" my eyes lit up at the question, "An author! I think it would be fun to write a book! And I could write so many characters and such." I explain.

He held my hand, intertwining our fingers. "What type of books do you want to write?" he asked, "Hm... Probably tragic books, I want a character to be sad and relatable due to my own experience."

We talked for hours about books and such before I felt a pain in my stomach and it was unbearable. I close my eyes as I see more memories with me in another world.

"However, let me warn you," he paused, and his smile turned into a serious expression

"Once you're mine, there's no going back."

Was that...?

What are these memories?

Scaramouche immediately noticed this and held my hand, gently stroking it.

"Are you okay?" he asked, I nodded in response.

Was I alright? I feel like I've gone insane...

"It's getting late, let's go to bed. We don't want to be late for our mission tomorrow!" he only shook his head in response as we both got up.

I lay in my bed, turning off the lights and turning away to face the wall.

I feel like I'm forgetting something, why do I have these sudden aches and memories? Why do I forget about them when Scaramouche comforts me?

I sigh, letting sleep take over as I close my eyes and brush those thoughts off.

Eventually, I told sir Childe about the matter, I know I can trust him. He's like an older brother to me!

Right??

He's so caring that he asked Scaramouche to arrange some tests for me, the machine looked... Strange.

It looks familiar, it's the machine that was around when I passed out...

I brush off my thoughts and sit down, letting the man examine my state. He placed something on my head and ran a few tests, then he panicked and rushed out of the room...

Was my condition that bad?

★¸.•☆•.¸★¸.•☆•.¸★¸.•☆•.¸★¸.•☆

that's a wrap!

next chapter is in Scaramouches pov and it should be up tomorrow if i find free time, sudhyf

anyways, i hope you all enjoyed this chapter and I'll see you all next time

serena,

words: 1006 (sorry)