Chapter 26: A hope for the better

★¸.•☆•.¸★¸.•☆•.¸★¸.•☆•.¸★¸.•☆

"Look, this won't get you anywhere. Hiding isn't something you're good at, you know?" he spoke as his voice got closer.

I quickly change my hiding position without making any sound, any noise at this point will get me killed.

Suddenly, the area I was previously hiding in got burnt to crisps. "Hmm,  not here either... Where could you be, dear?"

Footsteps became louder as I ran to another area, and suddenly the areas I left behind were all burning down, with only ashes remaining.

I slowly calm myself down since the situation wasn't helping at all, my heartbeat was unsteady and I couldn't breathe. Suddenly, I felt a hand on my shoulder, a loud laugh followed,

"I caught you."

I tried to free myself as he held me close, "Such a shame, we could've ended up together just like we do in the parallel universes, or should I say... Fanfictions?" I gave him a serious look, "You aren't supposed to break the fourth wall."

"Hm, well I know between fiction and reality and you don't even know how I got here when you own the pen, do you think the pen could kill me? Most importantly, recall the times when you were writing me."

I think back for a second,

[ Flashback]

"I wonder if I could ever meet someone like him in real life.", I brought my pen to my mouth and chewed on it for a bit, being lost in thought.

"Perhaps I fell in love with someone from my imagination." I sign as I place the pen down, "I don't think I'll ever meet him in real life"

[ End of flashback ]

He smirked, "You were wrong about our meeting, but most importantly, you fell in love with me. I don't think you would dare to kill me, even if you tried. You denied your love for me when you were with that guy, but that only made you more obsessed."

"No, stop," I demanded, "Truth be told, I was in love with you too. But then I thought about killing you and that was the only way I could erase my existence," he spoke, his eyes softening.

"But... Why can't you just continue to live? I know life sucks but running away like this isn't the way, you should live for the people who love you, the people who'll meet you in the future. Now, if you want to return to Teyvat that's your choice, and staying here is your choice as well." I finished off with a slight smile.

"If you have a minute why don't we try and fix this?" he asked, giving me a slight smile.

"Hah, we can go back to my room and discuss this since it's dangerous out here" I replied, he nodded as we made our way out of the forest.

Good, he's falling for the plan, I know he's not sorry, he never is. Every time it's an act and I don't think his apology will ever be real, I suppose it's better if I do make him go back to his world.

We talked on our way and slowly walked home, we went to my room, and I told him to tell Elinor to get us some snacks.

Scaramouche's pov:

Perfect, all going to plan. I don't get how she never understands, all the apologies are an act to kill her. She's given me far more pain than I can handle, she deserves it. And,  if she dies, I die as well. We both will be completely wiped from this pathetic reality, or fiction in my case.

I asked the stupid maids to get us some snacks and I thought of a plan to strike Y/n the moment I get inside.

Hah, this is going to be interesting.

Y/n's pov:

I don't think he realized that I'm not falling for his act this time, I quickly rush over to my room to try and find the source of this madness, the pen.

I looked everywhere, I found no results. I try to recall where I left it, a blur.

Suddenly, the door opened and Scaramouche came inside with some snacks. He placed the snacks on the table and locked the door behind him.

I'm dead, goodbye world.

He picked the snacks up and came over to my bed and sat next to me, he talked about some random things and we spoke for hours. Talking, laughing as the time passed away.

I suppose he did this to make me not hate him in case he does kill me, I dont think I'll ever hate him.

"I know you're going to kill me, you don't have to pretend to be nice in the last moments I have" I gave him a smile, his expression switched from a happy one to a serious one.

"Any requests before you die, darling?" he gave me a sad smile, I don't even know if it's a real expression or a fake one.

"You were wrong about our meeting, but most importantly, you fell in love with me. I don't think you would dare to kill me, even if you tried. You denied your love for me when you were with that guy, but that only made you more obsessed."

I guess he was right about me loving him, I just never realised it.

"I want you to kiss me" I spoke,

"A... Kiss?" he repeated, surprised at the request. "I want you to kiss me like that one kiss we shared before your gruge took place"

He looked guilty for a second before pulling me closer, I wrap my arms around his neck as our lips touch.

Time stopped at that moment, at that moment, it was just me, him, a bunch of misunderstandings and the barrier between fiction and reality being broken all over again.

We pulled away and looked into each others eyes, his eyes had tears in them and held a gentle look.

"I.. I'm sorry, I want to die so badly that I'm dragging you into this... If we ever meet again, lets write our stories differently. A story where you can be mine and I can be yours, but in this story, this is the end. I'm sorry, my love."  he paused for a moment as tears filled his eyes.

"I can't save us, this story was never meant to take place. If we reunite in another story, I promise to love you and take care of you." tears fell from his eyes as I cupped his face, giving him a slight laugh.

"Let's call our story Intertwined Destiny, even tho our stories were intertwined with one another, we weren't meant to be. But, if by some miracle, we meet again, in another story, I promise to love you and hopefully ease your pain."

He silently sobbed for a second before murmering another apology.

He placed his hands on mine as he electrocuted me, it hurts.

I close my eyes as the pain grew,

"I'll never forget you, Kunikuzushi"

★¸.•☆•.¸★¸.•☆•.¸★¸.•☆•.¸★¸.•☆

ANNNND THATS A WRAPPPP!!!!

you think the story is over? be patient, there's still alot left before this ends! I'm not letting scara leave that easily, he's gonna suffer more so uH- yeah

i hope u enjoyed, until next time!

serena,

words: 1220 (wowww alot of words)