Chapter 3 - y/n pov

Teruhashi is showing me around the school. I'm not paying attention to a word she's saying. I'm just thinking of a way I can use my psychometry on him.

Ah. I've got it. I pretend to trip and bump into Saiki.

"Argh!"

What the hell was that. I didn't manage to use psychometry. Instead it's seems both me and him had a weird shock when we touched. Why did that happen? I need to find out more about him.

Teruhashi finishes showing me around and we go to the cafeteria to eat lunch. She's pretty, and ignoring her thoughts, she's still very nice. She excuses herself to go to the bathroom. I'm left alone with saiki. Saiki...ugh. Why can't I figure out his name? Usually peoples names appear right above their heads. I have a lot of useless powers like that but oh well. Who knows maybe in a different universe it could be helpful ;) Anyways, no matter how hard I focus I can't see his name.

Ugh. My head hurts. It's been hurting all day. Wait. Saiki is staring at me again. That's it! His staring is making my head hurt. It feels like someone is trying break into my mind. Huh. I wonder if...

"Get out of my head."

I wonder how he'll react. I can telepathically talk. But it's obviously weird if I talk and don't move my mouth so I don't usually use it with people who don't know about my powers. Only those who do. That being my family of course. I guess I could use my mind control to make people not realise I'm doing it. But that goes against my principals. I refuse to use my mind control unless it's completely necessary. He seemed to react to it, diverting from his poker face.

"Did you feel the shock as well before when you tripped?"

Huh? Saiki? He can also speak telepathically? So he was trying to read my mind earlier. I guessed as much. I knew he wasn't boring. There was just that vibe to him. This might be more fun that I thought.

"So you can speak telepathically too?"

Saiki looks very surprised.

"What's your full name Saiki? I can't read it."

Okay. I don't want to reveal my powers. But since he has powers too, it should be alright.

"I'm Saiki Kusuo. We need to talk after school."

Heh. Interesting. I guess our similar powers means we can't really use some on each other. I couldn't give you a good explanation as to why some work on each other and some don't, but i couldn't give you an explanation of why I was born with these powers anyways.

Teruhashi comes back and the rest of the day is pretty normal. Class finally ends and everyone starts getting ready to leave. That's strange. Why's everyone crowding around Saiki? Some tall weirdo. His name's Nendo. I actually can't read his mind either. But...he's so dumb I can't read him. Harmless, like a bug. Gross like one too. Then Kaido from earlier. Teruhashi. She obviously has a crush on him, her thoughts are so loud, god sake. This average looking girl with a pink headband, her name is Yumehara. She has a crush on Keidou. Girl, why? Anyways, this purple haired dude who looks like an ex-delinquent turned goody-goody. His name is Kaboyasu. There's another purple haired guy there. Ugh. One second of listening to his thoughts I cringed. What a perv. Toritsuka is his name. Wait. He's thinking about ghosts and sprits. Oh I see. He's a spirt medium. He seems harmless apart from the perverted thoughts. I'm a little surprised there's two people other than me in this school with special powers. Wait no. Three. This gyaru girl is there too, she also seems to have a crush on saiki. But she's far clingier than teruhashi. She's a fortune teller huh. I know some people find the gyaru fashion a bit jarring, but I actually think she's very pretty. God this is giving me a headache, why are there so many people around him. Another girl is around him, brown haired. Mera. She seems to only be asking for food though. And this red haired dude, Hairou, he looks athletic. Saiki looks very annoyed by this.

I chuckle to myself a little. It's kind of funny to see this. Regardless. I need to be careful. Saiki seems to attract a lot of attention. Clearly he doesn't want it. Well. Kind of doesn't want it. I shouldn't get close to him. I don't want to attract attention. If there's other people with special powers here I'm sure everything should be fine. I hope...

I decide to telepathically tell him to meet me.

"Saiki. You wanted to talk to me."

"Give me a moment. They won't leave me alone." He responds to me. It's almost creepy how natural it feels to talk telepathically with him.

Fine. I'll help him. I don't want to but I want to get this conversation over so I can go back to being in the shadows. I walk over to Teruhashi. "Hey Teruhashi!" As soon as I start to talk to her everyone starts crowding me. Saiki, you better be grateful.

"I just gave you a chance to leave. Go."

He leaves and doesn't get noticed. Except now everyone's attention is on me.

"Meet me by the side of the school, I'm standing under a tree."

Alright. I'll meet him there but now how do I get out of this situation?

She's pretty, I have such a crush

Great. Kaidou now likes me. Yumehara won't be happy about that. I just caused a problem for myself. Saiki, you owe me.

"I have to go sorry! I have a dentist appointment!" Actually my teeth are perfect. I'm a psychic who happens to have a bit of sweet tooth. So obviously I take good care of my teeth. Anyways thankfully this dumb excuse works and I go see saiki.

"Hey" I say. Saiki looks at me intently. Like he's trying to read me again. "You're not going to read my mind Saiki."

It's silent for a moment. Usually awkward quiet moments don't affect me since people's thoughts always flood in my mind so it still feels loud. But even in this moment it felt awkward. Probably because it's kind of intense.

I wonder how this conversation is going to go.

.................................................................

Thank you for reading! I hope you enjoyed! :)