Chapater 8 - saiki pov

"My grandpa is none of your business"

"1 minute, 34 seconds"

"Woah! That's really good Saiki darling! You must have really wanted to rescue me huh~"

"I wanted coffee jelly"

"Too bad it's mine. Alright 'Miko'. Your 'darling Saiki' is going to take you hostage now. Which you are weirdly excited about. Let's get back to where we were. I'll take Aiura, you take Toritsuka." Says y/n, rather diplomatically.

"Ugh fine."

We teleport back to the starting place. There's no way she can find us faster.

She was smart to choose a dark place so it would be hard to find with clairvoyance. She even made sure not to let those idiots know where they were so I wouldn't read their minds and figure it out. But the mere fact it was dark made them easier to find. I just quickly checked all dark areas in the 5 mile radius. No big deal. And the fact we're in a pretty open place there weren't many.

I've got a plan that should work very well. I'm surprised she didn't think of it. I'll turn myself invisible as well as Aiura and the perv. Making sure to be in open ground. Then even if she uses clairvoyance she won't find us as easy.

"All right. I'm ready."

I teleport with them and turn them invisible including myself. While this should deter her slightly I doubt we'll run out of time invisible. I can remain invisible for 10 minutes, she'll find us by then. But not faster than me!

I smile at the thought of coffee jelly.

"Aww Saiki, you're smiling! Are you having fun!" Aiura says smiling herself.

My thoughts of coffee jelly are interrupted and my smile turns into an angry face.

"Oh I'm just kidding! Anyways. I don't know why you seem to dislike her so much. I'd think you two would get along, both of you being similar and all!"

How dare she compare me to her.

"We're not similar. Only in powers."

"Actually you are Saiki bro, cause she was pissed about being compared to you too! Ahahah!"

If we're both pissed about it then stop doing it.

"Anyways, I actually hope she wins, if she joins the group then I'll get to have a better chance at asking her out!"

She's so hot and she's a psychic!

"Sorry to burst your bubble dude, but she'd rip you to shreds. Either way I want her to win. I know you're strong Saiki but I want her to join us! Even pervitsuka's fantasies aren't too bad if you pretend he's not a creep. Me and Saiki, Torituska and y/n, the psychic couples!"

"Shut up both of you. And don't think like that. Pervitsuka will get a girlfriend when pigs fly. And get y/n when pigs become sentient."

"You guys are honestly so mean to me."

Because you're a scumbag.

"Hey!" Y/n says chipperly.

"Woah! That was fast! 34 seconds!"
Said Toritsuka looking at his stop watch.

"YOU BEAT SAIKI BY A WHOLE MINUTE!?" both Aiura and Toritsuka exclaim. No need for all caps.

Oh- sorry for the sudden 4th wall breaking.

"I mean it wasn't hard. I actually only ended up using two of my powers! I just flew around and looked for your names! I guessed Saiki would try hide by using his invisibility since I didn't use it, and then that he'd want to hide in plain sight. To be honest I got lucky. Guess he forgot I can read names" she smiles as she talks. Her personality changes are giving me whiplash. Though to be fair this is on character for her. Her smile looks sweet but evil.

Damn her. She outsmarted me. She's right, I forgot about her stupid name power.

"Sigh. Well done y/n-chan, I'm glad you won it's just this turned into hide and seek, I never got protected! Whatever! One pack of coffee jelly is now claimed as yours!"

"You won't beat me Saiki" she smiles her evil smile again.

  ———————————————-

We're back at the beginning area now.

"Soooo, we need you two to teleport out of telepathy range so we can think of the next challenge!"
Aiura says with a smirk. I don't trust that smirk.

We do as she says.

Me and y/n just sit in silence as we wait. Though she's ready to break it.

"Why do you humour them?"

"Why do you?"

"Well I'm just here for the jelly, looks like I'm getting what I came for!" She teases.

"They follow me around. I have no choice. Well at least Aiura can be useful occasionally."

There's a small moment of silence.

"You realise you don't have to hate me y'know. I don't mean to cause trouble for you. Now that I'm here you can relax and let me deal with dumb problems that come up. I'll have an easier time with it anyways. And you can live the normal life I know you want!" She may not be able to read my mind but it's creepy how it seems sometimes she can. Either way she sounds so condescending.

"No need to sound so condescending. And you attract attention. How does that make it easier for you?"

"You think I don't know I attract attention? It's exactly the reason it comes easier to me. I'm no Teruhashi, I'm in fact far from it. But my sweet girl act is what makes it easy to make people ignore the small things I do that could expose me."

She is right. I've heard the thoughts of people around her. And her likability score is incredibly high. For a girl who hates attention she gets quite a bit of it. To be fair I get unwanted attention too, but she learned to use it to her advantage.

Bzzt-

Oh, my phone.

"It's Aiura. She says they're done."

"I have a feeling they planned something sketchy..."

"I get what you mean."

We both get a shiver down ours backs thinking about it. We teleport back to Aiura and Toritsuka.

"You two will be going on dates with us!"
.
.
.
Huh?

.............................................................

Thank you for reading! I hope you enjoyed! :)