Chapter 27 - saiki pov

Our school trip is tomorrow, what a pain. We already had that trip to Okinawa before, now we're going to Kyushu? At least this one is also only 3 days.

According to what y/n has told me, Teruhashi is now planning to confess to me on the trip, she told me to just reject her. Apparently she used transformation to turn herself into a male version of herself and went on a 'date' with Teruhashi. This means Teruhashi shouldn't feel too bad about being rejected, well, at least that's what y/n and I hope. Y/n's obviously her friend so she doesn't want her to feel bad, and I simply don't want to be the reason she feels bad.

This is going to be one awkward trip...

"Alright! It's time to get into groups! We have more students than last time so we'll be in 5 groups of 8!" Says Hairo our class rep.

"I heard Saiko say he was going to go to a better place than Kyushu because apparently he thinks he's too good for us! What a jerk!" Some classmate complains.

Pretty self-entitled, though it's better if he doesn't come.

"Hey y/n you should join with me!" Asks Aiura. Why's everyone so loud. At this point I've learned to let things happen on their own, because no matter my meddling it won't go my way.

"Oh! Um, I'm already with Kokomi and Chiyo, but I can ask if you can join us!"

She goes and asks her friends to which they accept since Mera won't be able to go because well, money. One isn't going because they have too much money, the other the opposite. What a world. I feel bad for Mera, but I only managed to get a ticket for Okinawa because I took Teruhashi's perv brothers one, but apparently, from reading Teruhashi's mind, she made sure to tell him the trip was only for the girls. I don't know how that perv idiot believed her but if it worked it worked. But that also means there's no way I could help Mera this time. Less trouble for me, even if, I feel a bit bad.

And of course, I didn't say a word and yet ended up in a group with Kaido, Kuboyasu and Nendo. And of course, despite my attempts to prevent it, we joined up with Teruhashi's group. I feel like I'm getting deja vu.

Welp, the trip is tomorrow. If I have to carry a plane again I'm staying home.

     —————————————

We're on the bus on our way to the airport now. Ready to go to Kyushu. Everyone is super excited. It's very annoying how loud everyone is. At least Nendo is fast asleep next to me. He's disgustingly snoring loudly though. Y/n and Aiura are sitting together infront of me. Occasionally turning to speak with me. To which I a stay silent. Though I will admit Aiura and y/n seem to be getting along WAY better than the first time they met. They're already acting like 'besties' and y/n now actually uses the nickname Aiura asked her to use for her. Y/n being around her is just bringing out a loud side of y/n I never thought I'd see.

"Can you two quiet down, you're giving me a headache"

They both turn around to face me.

"You're like an old man Kusuo!" Says y/n snickering at me. Then followed by Aiura agreeing with her.

"That's what I'm saying! N/n is right Kusuo!"

"You should make a nickname for him Miko!"

"Y/n I'll punch you"

"O.m.g! I totally should! Or maybe I should just call him Ku-chan! Like his mom!"

"It is adorable!" Responds y/n to that idiotic idea.

"No it is not!"

"Ku-chan!!" Both the girls start calling me and repeating over and over being super annoying.

I then use psychokinesis to shake their seats slightly to get them to stop.

"Okay I'm sorry Kusuo! We'll stop!" Says y/n sounding genuinely apologetic but still through a few giggles. I can let it slide. I know it's Aiura's influence.

"I'm not sorry! Come on n/n! He's a tsundere! I bet he secretly likes it!"

"I'm not a tsundere"

"Still I feel bad! But you're not wrong!"

Shut up y/n. I'm not.

Eventually we arrive at the airport, thankfully. I can't believe how quickly y/n and Aiura became close. Y/n was so dry with her when they met.

We're at the airport now. Everyone is buzzing. Y/n is now turned her attention to Teruhashi as they both chat and people around them gasp. I've actually noticed people start doing it around y/n more as well. The strange thing is she doesn't seem to mind. She's just learned to live with it. It's kind of strange to see. Since y/n before would've done anything to stop it. Why's y/n so energetic and happy go lucky now? It's not necessarily a bad thing, it's actually kind of nice to see her get comfortable, it's just strange.

When we get on the plane we get into our assigned seats. Unlike the Owikawa trip we actually have assigned seats this time. I'm sat with y/n and a sleeping Aiura. Great. Again? At least Aiura is asleep. Y/n's relatively quiet at first but begins to talk to me disturbing my peace. Her personality change is good with her getting softer now but she's also got a little more annoying. Good grief.

"Hey Kusuo!"

"Don't call me that in public"

"What? Why? It's not like Teruhashi will make a big deal, she's all the way on the other side of the plane, regardless I wouldn't hurt her so it's fine!"

"Whatever. What do you want?"

"I don't know! I'm just bored and want to chat!"

"It shouldn't shock you that I'm not really one to 'chat'"

"Oh come onnnn" "we need to talk about the confession anyways"

"What about it?"

"Just some ground rules"

"Ground rules?"

"Yes. Because if you hurt her I'm hurting you 10x harder! So first! You'll be VERY respectful when you reject her! Second you'll-"

"Yes yes I got it. It's not like I intend on hurting her either."

"Sigh. Fine...I still wanna chat though, this is a long flight!" Y/n says poking my arm.

"Stop that! It's only 2 hours, When did you get so annoying anyways!?"

"Hey that's mean! I just lightened up and I'm enjoying myself more! You should try it, you're such a grump!"

Seriously- it's not just me right? She seems different? Again. This isn't very awful, just comes at my expense.

"Whatever! I'm just trying to be more honest and be myself!" "Rather than hiding behind a grumpy facade because I'm afraid to stand out because of my powers, regardless I'll stand out so instead I'll be myself and try my best to hide my powers!"

"This is...'yourself'?"

"What you don't like it? Wow thanks Ku!" Says y/n sarcastically rolling her eyes.

"Don't call me that. And no it's not that, it's just- different? I didn't mind you getting softer, I just didn't expect you to become so outgoing?"

"Well I am naturally, it's who I am, I just hid it because I was afraid. I still feel a little weird with attention but I don't mind it as much now that I'm accepting it! I've done a lot of thinking the last few days, I guess that's why!"

"I guess it's a good change. But it comes at my expense"

"Well you are fun to annoy Kusuo haha~" she laughs sweetly with a very nice tone to her voice.

It's a good thing she's accepted she attracts attention, because she is very pretty. Attention does naturally don on her.

Good grief. This trip is going to be a pain with you like this.

But maybe it's a good thing?

............................................................

Thank you for reading! I hope you enjoyed! :)