Chapter 40 - y/n pov

I put my ring on and then I lay down next to Kusuo.

"Don't turn away from me~"

"Shh. I'm sleeping."

"No you're not!" I say as I poke him in the back.

He turns to face me.

"Seems my grandfather likes you."

"Well of course! I'm a delight! Hehe~" I say smiling cheekily.

"Heh. Cocky."

"More like true! Anyways, seems you and your grandfather have quite a bit in common huh? Hehe~" I start giggling quietly.

"Don't compare me to him"

"Come on! You move the futons together, but then turn away from me?"

"Shut up. I'm sleeping now"

He says this closing his eyes. I take off his glasses.

"You are a little like him though! You even admitted it!"

He opens his eyes again. He makes an annoyed expression. Then he pushes me around so I'm facing away from him and pulls me into him by my waist, holding me semi-tightly.

"Happy now? Go sleep."

"Heh~ okay Kusuo" I say smiling and closing my eyes. We lay like this. It's nice.

"You didn't answer my question"

"Hmm? What do you mean?"

"Happy now?"

I quietly chuckle a little.

"Very~"

We sleep through the night like this. It's nice and felt warm.

    ——————————————

It's morning now, and we're in the car heading to a theme park. I didn't even know there was one out here in the middle of no where.

"Kusuo? Weren't we going to a hot spring?"

A hot spring isn't a place for children! The amusement park is better, they'll have fun and want to come again!

"Think that answered your question."

"It should be around here" says mr Saiki arriving to a very dilapidated looking amusement park. It looks incredibly broken down. Looks almost abandoned.

"Uh. Did I make a wrong turn?" Asks mr Saiki.

"This is it!" Kurumi. "This is it." Kumegoro. "This is it!" Kumi.

"This is it?" Both me and Kusuo asking.

"Is this place even safe?" Asks mr Saiki.

"How should I know?"

"I haven't been here in 20 years! That run down old sign! The ferris wheal that's always out of order! The rollercoaster parts so rusty they look like they're about to break! They haven't changed a bit since I was last here!" Says Kurumi excitedly.

I wish they had...

"Seriously, is this place safe? I mean the rollercoaster is running and it seems they're open for business but-"
Right then a rusty screw falls on Kuniharo's head right from the rollercoaster. "Should we go home?" He says with a grim face.

"Good idea..." both Kusuo and I say in unison.

Kusuo's grandfather comes back with passes and tells Kusuo and I to ride whatever we want.