Chapter 19 - saiki pov

It's Teruhashi's party tonight. What a pain. I already know half of it is some form of plan to try make me say 'offu'. Obviously I won't comply. Though at the beach a couple days ago the group did suggest that we could have the party be partly Teruhashi's, partly mine since my own birthday is 10 days later. While Teruhashi wouldn't normally want to share a spot light obviously that changes in this case. I frankly don't care. In fact I'd rather they focus it on Teruhashi so I get less attention.

Anyways. Everyone is preparing today. I've been forced to come along to help with decorations. Kaido and Kaboyasu are also doing decorations. Y/n, Yumehara and Teruhashi are in the kitchen making food. Hairo and Mera are setting up party activities. Nendo wasn't asked to help with anything for obvious reasons. Things are thankfully going smoothly. Though mainly thanks to myself and a certain other psychic.

Speaking of said psychic. I noticed something strange on the the beach two days ago. There was a moment where y/n had sat down alone on a bench and looked very panicked. I wasn't sure what was wrong until I noticed her put her hands over her ears for a moment. After analysing it I realised she may have developed a panicked response to being in crowds due to her telepathy and growing up in the city. It made me interested in how the inhuman, and human parts of psychics combine.

Anyways. I'm simply here for the sweets and cake. Knowing y/n's made some and looks like Teruhashi too, who also enjoys cooking, they should be pretty good. They both know how to cook well. Though I believe y/n and Yumehara wanted to make the cake for Teruhashi so she isn't helping on the cake. To be fair the girls are doing fine. But these two idiots are so annoying. Kaido is too cautious and everything he tried to place falls. As for Kaboyasu, he's too reckless. I keep having to fix their mistakes.

——————————————

Some hours have pass by and everyone's gone off to get ready for the party. Including myself. Which only takes a minute so I just sit quietly and read while I wait for the time.

My plans are then ruined when I get a worried message from y/n.

[Hey. I know we're trying to stay out of each other's way. But I need your help a moment. 'Need' is a strong word. I could do this alone but it would be faster if you helped.]

Wow. What a tempting offer.

[It's Kokomi's brother. Kokomi had asked him to leave while the party was going on. The neighbours were perfectly happy having him over. But obviously knowing him he put up a fuss. I've tried to convince him, I even used telepathic messages but he somehow keeps interrupting them wrong. He might listen to you.]

I don't know what's making her think he'll listen to me. But I'd rather give it a try than have him bothering us all night. Might as well go help out. I'm already ready.

When I get to Teruhashi's house I can already hear an argument going on between Teruhashi and her pervert brother. I enter the house cautiously.

"They've been at it for 15 minutes. Which considering how much he disgustingly likes his sister and listens to whatever she says, that's kind of a lot. I haven't even had a chance to go home and change. I'll make it up to you but please fix this. I just want to get this night over with."

Y/n says to me as I enter, rather quietly to not attract attention, she puts her hands together while asking, implying she's saying please.

"Fine. You owe me."

"Thanks Saiki!" She says leaving quickly to go change.

Now how do I get him out. She said telepathic messages don't work. What else could I do?

I could call pretending to be from his work? No that won't work, he regularly skips out on work for his perv activities. It's tempting to knock him out but I won't do that with Teruhashi here. I could make him fall asleep with a telepathic lullaby but then we risk him waking up mid way through the party. This is complicated. The only way to convince him is through Teruhashi. How do I-

"That's enough! You're ruining this for me big brother! I hate you! Go to the neighbours house or I'm not speaking with you again!"

Woah. She exploded.

Looks like Makoko's life is at zero. He didn't respond just walked away. Hobbling his way to the neighbours house. Looks like I came here early for nothing. Good grief.

"Oh! Saiki! You came early! That's wonderful! This is kind of your party too haha~" says Teruhashi cheerfully. Her mind on the other hand,

Oh god! I hope he didn't just hear that! I can't disillusion the image of a perfect pretty girl by yelling at family, I have to keep the hope alive of 7 billion people!

You're overly dramatic. And didn't the population go up to like 8 billion now? Whatever. I guess I'll sit somewhere while waiting for others to arrive. I just want to get this night over with.

.............................................................

Thank you for reading! I hope you enjoyed! :)