Chapter 34 - y/n & saiki pov

Kusuo~~☕️🍰
'Let's have a picnic together. A date.'

Holy crap- it happened. He actually asked me. This all came at me so quickly! This morning I was just living normally and now I'm facing the fact that I may actually like Kusuo, and he apparently likes me back and now he's asked me on a date! Crap I can't spiral, I have to respond.

Kusuo's pov

I did it- she read it. Why's she not responding, is she weirded out? Does she not want to? Why's it taking so long for her to reply? Oh there, she responded! I can't believe those idiots convinced me to do this...

Y/n
'Sure! I don't mind making the food! ☺️'

Oh thank god. She didn't find it weird. Now what should I respond?

Y/n pov

Holy crap! Okay okay I did it! What did he respond?

Kusuo~~☕️🍰
'If you want we can cook together.'

Holy crap okay! Sure yeah that sounds like fun, we'll cook together and then go on a picnic together!

Kusuo pov

I asked. I. Asked. This is so awkward! Why did those two idiots convince me!

Y/n
'Sure that sounds fun, you can come over to mine to make it! ✌️'

Over to hers? Okay, ahhhh, this is so stupid. And so not like me.

Y/n pov

Kusuo~~☕️🍰
'yeah sure that's fine. We could do it tomorrow. I'll meet you at yours maybe at 10, so we have enough time to make food. I'll get groceries for it. Let me know if you want anything.'

Woah that's early! Tomorrow? I need new clothes for this, my closet is just not my vibe and now that I'm okay with getting attention I want nicer clothes. I'll have to get some.

Kusuo pov

Y/n
'I'm actually going out now anyways. If you're okay with it we could get groceries together?'

Together? Now? Okay sure, sure. It's just hanging out like always. Except now we're both acutely aware of the fact that I have a crush on her. And I was given a text by Aiura telling me that y/n likes me back. Ugh! I hate this, I sound like my lovesick classmates. It's too unlike me!

Y/n pov

Kusuo~~☕️🍰
'Yeah sure. Where should I meet you?'

You
'We could just meet up at the
convince store. I want to buy some
clothes first. So mind if we meet up in
maybe an hour and half? 😊'

That'll buy me some time to think as well. I can't believe this escalated so quickly. Plus if I'm going on a date for the first time I might as well look nice.

Kusuo pov

I should get ready then soon. I also need to get her flowers tomorrow morning before we meet up. Aiura said y/n's favourite flower is f/f.

I can't believe me of all people, I'm going on a date-

Y/n pov

Okay, I need to leave now and find good clothes. I start going now.

——————————————

Okay now I'm at the store, it's where I bought that dress last time. It has some nice stuff. I need to buy new clothes in general. I look at some nice clothes that contrast a bit with my clothes now. It's nice to feel comfortable enough to wear these sorts of things now. It's more expressive clothing in a couple different styles, my favourite being
f/s (fav/style).

I picked out some clothes specifically for the date. I got some low waisted jean shorts, thin black tights and some black thigh highs for the bottom bit of the outfit. For the top I got a form sitting long sleeved maroon coloured shirt and a grey knitted cropped sweater that hangs off the shoulder. The look in general is quite nice, you can see my bra strap a little on the side that the sweater hangs off though, I don't mind. I think it looks cute. I got some jewellery to go along with it. Some gold chain necklaces layered and some cute dangly earrings. This look is really nice. But I'm not used to it. People seem to be looking at me more. I'm even getting 'offu' s like Kokomi. It's a little strange but I look nice so it's okay. I put my other clothes back on and pay.

It's about time I go meet up with Kusuo to get groceries. I kind of want to change into nice clothes now but I'll wait until our date tomorrow.

—————————————

"Hey! There you are Kusuo!" It still feels kind of awkward. I'm trying to keep it the way we always are but it's still a bit strange now.

"Hello. What food do you want to eat tomorrow?"

"I'm not sure what would you want to eat?"

"Coffee jelly? But for the actual food we could make just make regular bentos. We could also make a small cake, that strawberry one you had made before was really nice..."

"Yeah sure! I like that idea!"

We start going around the conbini and look for the food we need. After sometime we get back into our usual dynamic. Mainly me just teasing him here and there and us being a bit childish. I like that about him. He acts so cold and distant but he can be childish. I find it kind of cute. Like when he wants money he dresses up as '100yen man', who will do tasks for money with his psychic powers. Apparently he only responds to that name when he's dressed up like '100yen man'. I learned that from his dad when I was over one time. I find that cute.

We bought the food we need and I took it home so it's ready for tomorrow. Kusuo and I part ways. Today was wild. I guess tomorrow is going to be even wilder. But I can't lie. I'm actually really excited!

Maybe this will be fun!

............................................................

Thank you for reading! I hope you enjoyed! :)

Sorry this chapter was kind of bad very ooc but it's hard to write a romanticless character in a romantic scenario 😭

Oh well, I hope you enjoyed!