Chapter 25 - y/n pov

Kusuo has been a lot nicer to me recently. He helped me out of my dumb spiralling. It's been a few weeks since then. I've learned to accustom to my role in this school, I've actually grown quite fond of it. I'm the sweet, pretty normal girl hiding psychic powers which I use to keep my friends and classmates out of trouble. I've gotten pretty close with Chiyo and Kokomi and occasionally Mera, but she's always working so we can't hang out much. I've grown to live with the attention I receive and considering I'm friends with Kokomi all eyes are on her.

Being able to read Kokomi's thoughts, I felt a little sour at first, but after some time I started to sympathise. I can't help but to feel bad sometimes when realising how much pressure is on her. While she might be arrogant you can't expect her to actually be perfect. No one really is. And if she's willing to go far enough to look like the perfect women she just might be. Because I've become close enough to know who she really, of course with the help of my powers, it brings her into a nicer light. She seems more human. Because she's become a close friend of mine, I don't want her to get hurt.

Which is why I'm facing some issues. She's decided to speed up her confession for Kusuo. Knowing him, even if he doesn't try to, it's likely she will get hurt by him. I've tried from the background to get her to set her eyes on a different guy, but it's just not working, she really likes Kusuo.

The worst part is she's planning to confess on our upcoming trip to Kyushu. (Apparently last time they went to Okinawa). Which is totally going to ruin the trip for her when she gets rejected. I have to do something. I already said I'd help Kusuo, and I don't want her to be hurt.

"Don't tell me you're all emotional again?"

Kusuo says to me telepathically. He has a tendency to break me out of my thoughts through directed telepathy. I guess I am staring randomly again. We're having lunch as a group in the cafeteria at our school. I haven't even touched my lunch. I should probably start eating before Mera steals it.

"Shut up I'm fine, I'm just thinking about some stuff I need to take care of"

I need a plan. Maybe the rejection won't hurt as much if Kokomi has another guy in mind, I know I can't directly change her crush completely, she's not Chiyo, but if her subconscious thinks of someone else it might help. Thing is...taking a look at these guys...

"Stop stealing my food Nendo! I'll unleash the Justice Knight of Thunder!"

"Ahahah! What are you talking about runt!" Nendo says picking us nose.

"Sorry, I'm back guys, just had to take care of something real quick" says Kuboyasu with a menacing smile and blood on his clothes which he insists is ketchup.

Yeah. These guys won't do. Ugh. I don't want to do this. But it might be the only choice. I'll have to use transformation. This might be the perfect opportunity. Chiyo has cram school and Mera has work.

"Hey Kokomi, do you want to hang out after school today? I'd invite Chiyo and Mera but they're busy"

"Sure, that sounds fun!"

"I actually have a guy friend I want you to meet, don't worry I know who you have your eye on, just want to introduce him to you haha~"

Thankfully this works. My plan is to get her to go on an unintentional date with a made up guy. Which in this case means...she's going on a date with me. The life of a psychic is never dull. But it's probably for the better that I am the 'guy', because that means I'll be in control of the situation. Hopefully she'll start thinking of me more and after confessing for Kusuo I'll make sure to make her think of this imaginary man. This way she'll feel less bad about it. Eventually, I hope, she'll just forget about him, Kusuo and my made up guy. Because I can't do a double act of her best friend and her boyfriend, that would be absurd.

————————————

Okay. Things are going to plan. Kokomi is waiting in a cafe for 'Asahi Haru', the fake man who's actually me. By the way that name was randomly chosen. I just listened in to people thoughts and conversations and used the first few names I could find that sounded good enough.

I've already texted Kokomi cancelling last minute but asking her to stay to talk to my 'friend'.

Now I'm outside the cafe and have to enter and look for her, pretending like I don't already know where she is.

Here I go.

I walk in and find Kokomi.

"Uh hello, are you Teruhashi? I'm y/n's friend Asahi Haru"

"Oh hello! Yes, I'm Kokomi Teruhashi, it's nice to meet you! It seems y/n had to cancel last minute unfortunately, but we can still hang out!" Teruhashi says, with her bright smile.

Ugh. Another no-wow. He didn't say 'offu' at all! Though he doesn't seem that bad I guess. His vibe is okay, but he should react better to perfection!

Well of course I won't say 'offu', you're one to like a challenge.

I nod and sit down, trying my best to appear relatively emotionless, since apparently that's her type (cough cough Kusuo).

"So Haru, where about are you from?" She says picking up a menu.

"The neighbouring town, I met Y/n during summer break"

"Oh I see!"

The waitress comes over.

"Hello! What can I get you two?"

The reason I picked this restaurant is because they also sell coffee jelly. Nothing compared to café mami, but it's still pretty good. They also sell really nice cakes.

"I'll have the coffee jelly and strawberry shortcake with some green tea"

I was decided before I even entered.

Huh? Coffee jelly? Saiki and y/n love coffee jelly, is it really that good?

Yes. Yes it is.

"I'll have the same!" Kokomi says smiling.

The waitress writes it down.

"Alright! I'll get that to you two soon, enjoy your date hehe~"
Says the waitress winking before walking off.

While usually that would be incredibly annoying, it's actually perfect in this situation.

"What! No- that's not!"

"Heh~ she's just teasing you Teruhashi"

I say quietly and steadily. Girls like confidence right? If it wasn't for the fact I can read her mind I'd have no idea what makes a guy attractive. Obviously I know what conversational attractiveness is like, but I don't understand romantic attraction. I've never had a crush. It's not like I don't like the idea of dating. But no one's ever caught my eye. Plus I just don't care at the moment.

"Eheh~ right!" She says blushing.

Guess it worked.

A date! Is she kidding! If I were on a date I'd rather it be with Saiki!

Or not...

Sigh. This is gonna be harder than I thought.

............................................................

Thank you for reading! I hope you enjoyed! :)