Chpater 37 - y/n pov

Back to school today. Yesterday was my date with Kusuo. I'm not going to lie, things felt a little fast, I can't believe he's my boyfriend. But. What surprises me the most. Is how natural it feels. I've never been one for romance and I'm sure neither has he, and yet, it feels really nice! We both agreed to keep this between us. We didn't even tell the perv and Miko. Though she has been blowing up my phone, I just told her we went on our date and chilled. Part of me feels like a bad friend, knowing Kokomi used to like him. But it's not like I can control this stuff. I'm only human, a very power one, but still human.

I have to applaud Kusuo, he moulded to his role very well. I think I did well too, but I've always been good at fitting into my role. Regardless I feel a little worried, what if he only likes me because he can't read me? That sounds weird but oh well.

"You okay? You're heads in clouds again"

"I'm okay. Just thinking!"

It's become a habit that I walk with Kusuo, Nendo and Kaido, occasionally accompanied with Kuboyasu, to school in the morning. I tend to walk back with the girls. I've also become accustom to eyes being on me recently. I guess confidence really is attractive, I'm not being treated exactly like Kokomi, thank god I don't have any fan clubs, that I know of, but I still bring a lot of attention. I feel bad for Kusuo.

"Kusuo. Are you sure this is a good idea? I bring a lot of attention..."

"Don't worry about it. Unlike Teruhashi, being around you doesn't mean they hate me, just feel a little jealous apparently"

"I guess so..."

"You worry too much dummy"

"Shut up!"

I guess he's right. Reading their minds the guys around us just seem jealous of the guys around me. But they don't want to beat them up thankfully.

"Well jealous or not jealous, if they decide to beat you guys up they won't last very long if either of us are around"

"You have a point"

See, I'm not trying to be 'the perfect pretty girl'. I honestly don't care what others think of me. I'll just adapt to what people think of me. I only care what my friends think of me! So if I ruin my reputation by beating up a few gross guys it's fine! I'd rather be myself than 'the perfect pretty girl'. Thankfully Kokomi is also starting to be more of herself.

We arrive to class and sit in our seats.
And speak of the devil. Oh damn, did she get prettier, speak of the angel more like.

"Hey y/n! Did you have a good weekend?" Says Kokomi sitting next to me on her desk.

"Yup! What about you Kokomi?"

We continue talking a bit. I hear people talking about how us being best friends makes us 'the hottest pair'. Ugh. I see some guys behind Kokomi drooling. I can't help but glare at them. They back off. I'll protect you Kokomi!

Class starts and the day begins. For once, I'm actually excited for whatever the universe throws at me today. (Little did she know, that excitement would be short lived). Huh? What was that?

After a few classes and lunch it was 6th period. And Hairo was at the front of the class.

"Alright! The PK festival is coming soon and we should get a head start on getting our attraction ready! So what idea do you guys have?"

Different ideas began being thrown around. Even Saiko gave an idea. But when people didn't agree with him he decided he wouldn't participate. What a child. And then a certain green haired weirdo decided to open his stupid mouth. Okay. That was mean. But you're about to see why.