Chapter 29 - y/n pov

I instinctively hugged Kusuo, he didn't mind. Either way I know what's about to come. Teruhashi is about to confess.

"Kusuo. It's about time, Teruhashi is going to come looking for you to confess. Are you ready?"

"Does it matter? It's happening one way or another. I never really thanked you for helping on getting her off my back, so thanks."

"Woah! Mr. Emotionless is thanking me?"

"Shut up. I hear her coming already, go hide or something"

"Okay okay! I'll go invisible and go over there"

I go hide behind a near by tree. I see Kokomi approaching.

Kokomi already quickly spotted Kusuo.

"Oh hey Saiki! There you are! I um...I have something I want to tell you!"

I'm not going to lie, I'm a little nervous. I just need to make her think of Haru after getting rejected. Poor Kokomi.

"I um...this is kind of hard to say but um..." she's super red, blushing so hard. She's looking down, her eyes away from Saiki.

"So I never have really told this to a guy ever and I- well I've never really felt feelings like these for someone so I can't be sure but I-" she takes a deep breath. It takes guts to do what she's going to do.

"I really like you Saiki!" She says quickly to get done with fast.

Oh my god oh my god!! I did it! ....why's he so quiet? Is he shocked? Come on respond!!

"I see. Sorry, I just see you as a friend."

"That's too bashful Dummy!" I tell him telepathically.

"O-oh...really?..." she looks so sad.

"You're great Teruhashi. But I'm sorry. I just don't want attention and you attract a lot of it."

"Y-you don't like attention?"

"No. I don't"

"Oh I see! It all makes more sense now!...um sorry, I guess I've been annoying then..." she looks too sad, Kusuo do something!

"It's fine. We can still be friends. I hope that's okay"

Guess he seems genuinely a little worried.

"O-okay...that's fine! I-I'll leave you be then! Have a good night Saiki!"

Oh man...I feel awful. I can't believe he rejected me? Me! But I'm trying to change that way of thinking. It hurts a little still

She's walking away. Okay now it's my turn.

I make her think of Haru quickly.

Hmm? Haru? Oh right, I guess I actually really liked him. He was sweet. Maybe it's best if I let Saiki go. We just aren't compatible, but I'm happy we're still friends!

She sighs and walks away with a sour smile on her face. I'm really proud of her. She's trying really hard. I become visible again. I can't help but let a little bittersweet smile slip on my lips.

"You seem pleased? Was that okay?"

"Huh! Oh yeah, it was fine, she seems sour but she'll be okay. That went a little better than expected." I let a breath out. "I'm glad she's okay"

I look back up at Kusuo who seems to be smiling slightly at me.

"Why are you smiling?"

"I didn't realise. But it's probably because it's nice to see you care so much for your friends. I don't really get it" Kusuo tells me sitting down back on the bench.

I sit down next to him.

"I don't think that's true. I think you do get it. Because you do care for them, for your friends, even if you deny it!"

He remains silent. We both do. We just enjoy the moment together. The only sound being the sound of the ocean. It's nice. Peaceful. The air is nice. Kyushu is very warm. So the night air being slightly cooler is nice. It feels like me and Kusuo have become closer. I like it. It's funny because I used to want nothing to do with him. But now I really like being around him for some reason. I put my head on his shoulder. Apparently I had falling asleep on him before on the plane, oops haha~

I don't know why he lets me do these things. But I'm glad he's okay with it, and I'm glad he's still okay being my friend. I've made many friends here, it's nice! I feel so much brighter now!

"What are you thinking about? You're head seems to be in the clouds again"

"Oh nothing important~" I say a smile on my face

Kusuo looks at me and then lays his head on top of mine, surprising me. But I'm not complaining. He's opening up too, it's nice. Who thought being sweet could me feel so good!

We stare at the ocean a while more before going back to the hotel before someone gets suspicious. Kusuo and I have some moments like these, it's unspoken but there's a mutual understanding that it's nice and for some reason seems to happen a lot between us.

By the way for the readers out there, I was wearing my ring most of the day except for when Kokomi was confessing, which is why Kusuo and I didn't get a shock when we touched.

I get back to the room which is occupied with only Miko, as Kokomi is being comforted by Chiyo in the bathroom, I feel a little bad. But Kokomi seems okay.

"Um- n/n, explain what the hell that was?"

"Huh? What do you mean?"

"You hugged him! And then you BOTH layed your heads on each other!! I watched from the window!"

"Calm down your shouting!"

"Of course I am!! Don't tell me you two-"

"Don't take it the wrong way Miko!! We're just friends! Look...it's just this unspoken thing, we understand each other in a strange way, and since we can't read each other the way we read others it adds to it...it's hard to explain but we're just friends!"

Miko starts shaking me. "Don't give me that crap n/n! You two would be so cute!"

"Stop shaking me! And don't you have a crush on him?"

"Yes but I totally ship you two it's adorable!"

"Miko! Stop! Kusuo and I are just friends! And regardless it would be a little mean to Kokomi!"

She calms down and let's me go.

"Fine! But after she gets over it, it wouldn't be a bad ideaaaaa"

I hit her arm lightly. "Stop it! Miko!" I say laughing slightly.

We eventually go to sleep, ready for the next day. I'm excited, I can't lie. We're going to a bunch of places, including the beach!

Before she fell asleep I decided to read Kokomi's mind to see how she was feeling. She seemed to be okay, pretty much over Kusuo. That's good. I'm glad my meddling worked.

Sigh

Today was a good day, I can't wait for tomorrow!

............................................................

Thank you for reading! I hope you enjoyed! :)