The Setting and Character Guide

The Shadow High Setting:

Shadow High is the rival Art High School to Rainbow High and its students are either greyscale or have unusual skintones. The interior of the school is also mostly in greyscale. As it is an elite Art High School, Everyone who goes there are wealthy, tend to wear fashionable designer brands, and the students there tend to be overall meaner and more competitive than their Rainbow High peers. Its theme song is called 'School Across the Street."

The Monster High Setting:

Monster High is a high school that is attended by the children of famous monsters and is part of a multiverse that it is the center of. Its main Dimension has had two reboots: one in 2016 and one in 2022. The students who attend this school have mostly unusual skintones and consist of monsters of various different species. The interior of the school consists of various bright colors, with subtle goth elements, including purple, green, and pink. The use of monster-themed puns is also very heavy in this school, so the vocabulary for different foods and other common words differs from the human Dimensions. It isn't quite as wealthy as Shadow High and Rainbow High, and the students there tend to be much nicer.

The Shadow High Characters:

The Storm Twins:
Naomi Storm: The older Storm Twin who wears Versace inspired clothes. She is an Upperclassmen and an Art Direction Focus at Shadow High. She is more reactive than her twin sister, Veronica, and has a bigger temper. She has a big ego and is a bit of a control freak. Despite acting evil and a bit insane at times, she cares deeply for her sister, Veronica, and their friend Heather.

Veronica Storm: The younger Storm Twin who wears a tweed, possibly Chanel inspired, suit. She is an Upperclassmen and a Photography Focus at Shadow High. She is more calm than her twin sister, Naomi, and is more calculating. She is always popping her gum to intimidate people and tends to also pop her gum when she is nervous. She also has a big ego and can be a bit of a control freak. Despite acting evil and a bit insane at times, she cares deeply for her sister, Naomi, and their friend Heather.

Additional Info: Both Twins were on an in-universe TV show before high school called "Wonder Models" and have an active modeling carrer in the story that makes them very spolied and wealthy. They are both very sarcastic at times and have a maniacal laugh. They have an ongoing rivaley with the Devious Twins from Rainbow High ever since they met at Twin Con as young kids. They are also very good at and have a lot of experience in pranks and sabatoge.

Heather Grayson: A Shadow High First Year who has earned the Storm Twins' respect and wears white and black snakeskin clothes as well as other goth pieces of clothing. She is a Special Effects Makeup Focus at Shadow High. She is one of the Storm Twins' closest friends, and has an almost sisterly bond with them. She has a strong appreciation for creepy things and old horror films. She is also great at hacking into computer systems and putting together presentations on her laptop. In the story she also has a personal collection of lost media.

Demi Batista/Elissabat (They are the same person in the AU.):
Demi Batista: A mysterious Shadow High student who dresses like a vampire and has an uncanny resemblence to Elissabat from MH Gen 1. She is a Film Focus at Shadow High and has an appreciation for old vampire movies.

Elissabat (Monster High Gen 1): A vampire actress who worked in Hauntlywood back in MH Gen 1. She is also Gen 1 Draculaura's cousin and cares deeply for her. Ever since escaping to the Shadow High Dimension during the Tragedy of the 2016 MH Reboot, she has been hiding out in it and took on a new identity as Demi to hide her vampire identity. She sometimes hears MH Gen 1 Draculaura's voice in her head guiding her when she is near the mirror portal.

Natasha Zima: A Shadow High First Year who wears all white and dresses a bit more glamorously. She is a Cosmetic Chemistry Focus at Shadow High and has her own signature perfume scent called "Look" by Natasha. She is one of Heather's closest friends and can be a bit naive at times. She is also from Amsterdam and can speak fluent Dutch.