Chapter 17: Natasha learns about the Portal Project.

    With all this dimensional travel to Monster High's multiverse and considering the many crimes of the Mattel gods, Heather was beginning to wonder about the nature of the MGA gods of her own dimension.
    From what information she could find in the Shadow High library and in the archives for both Shadow High and Rainbow High, apparently Rainbow High was a reboot of a much worse dimension that involved pooping unicorns, known as Poopsie, in which information on it was scarce. And she knew from Demi that Shadow High was currently an extention of the Rainbow High dimension that was claimed and altered by the MGA gods after the Mattel gods abandoned it.
    She had even read stories about other places that sounded impossible. One of these stories was about a mysterious, very pink and brightly colored, location ruled by babies and where all the adults were millenials. It sounded very bizzare and was called LOLville apparently. There was another one about an underwater city full of mermaids that could color change and somehow had moden technology called Mystic City or Mermaze.
    A name that had come up a lot in her research was Bratz, which was connected to Stylesville. There were many stories from this one, including something about teenage girls starting a fashion magazine, as well as ridiculous stories about mysterious blonde evil twins and their evil mother who wore only pink who also ran a different fashion magazine.
    One that bothered her a bit though was Novi Stars, which there was barely any information on. She had seen a teal alien-looking girl around school with a t-shirt with lost artwork from it as well. The girl, Zooey Electra, just recalled that she had seen it during her childhood and that it was now lost media. Heather theorized though, that it had once been its own dimension that had been cancelled by the MGA gods years ago. And from how Demi had explained Ever After High's tragic cancellation, with that whole dimension ceasing to exist and everyone in it being erased from existence, she could only imagine what had happened to the Novi Stars dimension.
     She felt like she couldn't talk to Natasha about this, because despite Natasha being a cosmetic chemistry focus, dimensional travel and the nature of the MGA gods was complex in a completely different way. You couldn't just solve it with formulas like you could with chemistry, as it was much more unpredictable. But maybe with her scientific expertise, she could help them out a bit, even if it meant revealing to her that dimensional travel existed. The MGA gods were an enemy that would be too powerful to fight against.         Even the Storm Twins, with as much social power as they had, could easily be eliminated by the MGA gods. Heather had to talk to someone about this though, so she set up a meeting with Demi, Natasha, and the Twins.
    They all met in the Shadow High attic, as it was the most private area where they could talk. The Twins and Demi could sense Heather and Natasha entering the attic though the smell of Natasha's perfume that smelled like fresh snow on a winter's day.
    "Why did you want me to go with you to one of your super secret club meetings, Heather? Normally, you're so secretive about this stuff.", Natasha asked, suspicious yet excited.
    "Well, its about time I told you and we need your scientific expertise on something. I'm sorry for not telling you earlier. Naomi, Veronica, do you grant Natasha permission to know the real reason why we have been meeting?", Heather asked.
    The Twins nodded, their heads moving in perfect unison. "Just know that the information you will be provided with is strictly confidential to the Portal Project and only those involved in it. The rest of the Shadow High student body isn't allowed to know about this. If you tell anyone other than me, Veronica, Heather, or Demi, we could get you expelled.", Naomi said, her tone free of sarcasm and sounding stricter than it normally did.
    The girls then excitedly filled Natasha in on what was going on with the portal project and their discovery of Demi secretly being Elissabat. It was almost as if they were just normal teenagers in that moment, rather than just a bunch of spoiled rich girls going to an elite Art High School.
    When they had finished explaining everything, Natasha was speechless.
    "So you were a vampire this whole time!?", Natasha asked Demi excitedly, and Demi nodded as she stepped in front of the portal mirror and her reflection didn't show.
    "And you guys actually visited this dimension?! Does the mirror contain a Wormhole? Why didn't you tell me about this scientific breakthrough earlier, Heather?!", Natasha asked, a bit annoyed that her roommate had been hiding so much fascinating information from her.
    Heather sighed, "I thought that you would get too scared and I just wanted to protect you."
    "I'm tougher than I look, you know. I have had to adjust to so many changes and cultural differences just from moving to California from Amsterdam. The existence of a Monster High school doesn't sound like too much to worry about. I want to see the portal for myself. I'm curious about this 'monster energy' substance.", Natasha said.

    Interrupting the conversation, Veronica added, "And Naomi and I have to tell you something. Cleo knows about the Portal Project. She dimension travelled via the mirror because her friend, Ghoulia somehow had information on the mirror portal system. They have sworn themselves to secrecy and Cleo hasn't posted anything to her Eek-Tok about it."
    "So that's where Cleo got the new outfit with that expensive color shift fabric that she said was from her trip to Egypt...", Demi said.
    "And I know that it was you who sabatoged Nefera! You may not have left any proof and nobody over there knows your names, but only someone as cruel as Nefera herself could have set up a gum prank as intricate as the one that someone did to her over there! And wasn't one of the big rules of Rainbow Vision not messing with people's shoes?", Demi asked, accusingly.
    Heather sighed, "Look, its not their fault that Cleo found out! Dimension travel is normal over there and someone was bound to find out eventually! And Cleo and her friend agreed to keep it confidential and they are keeping their side of the bargain! There is really nothing to get upset about! It just means that we have an ally on the other side!", Heather said.
    The Twins sighed in relief while Demi gave them an annoyed look.

    "When do I get to see the crystals and the portal? I'm very curious now...", Natasha said, tired of the group's in-fighting.
    Demi carefully handed Natasha the crystals. Natasha was in awe as she felt the crystals pulsating with a mysterious purple and green plasma, as if the substance gave them life.
     "The crystal slots on the mirror are on the bottom of the frame. You have to put them in to activate it.", Veronica said.
    When Natasha walked towards the mirror, she was amazed by the green glow coming from the symbols on the frame and the blinding glow coming from the crystals. She was very advanced when it came to Chemistry, but even she had no explanation for what she was seeing or what the mysterious plasma substance that resided inside the diamonds, as she could sense that the crystals were some type of clear diamond just by looking at their cut and feeling them in her hands, that attached to the mirror's frame was.
    She carefully inserted them into the frame as if she was cautiously doing a science experiment, and the portal suddenly activated. She was amazed as the glass of the mirror suddenly filled with a swirling green and purple mist.
    "That portal leads to the main Monster High dimension that is currently in its second reboot. I could go in there with you for a few minutes or an hour or so if you want.", Heather said.
    "Can we really?!", Natasha excitedly asked the Twins.
    "Of course, as long as you keep the Portal Project confidential and don't tell the rest of the Shadow High student body or the government.", Naomi said, as her and Veronica nodded in unison.
    Heather then prepared the blood samples and gently walked with Natasha through the portal.
    "Just pretend that you're a ghost and nobody will suspect anything.", Heather said as they were walking through the portal and the green and purple monster energy was swirling around them.
    "Why a ghost? I don't think I'm pale enough for that.", Natasha said.
    "You're the whitest, palest person I know. You can definately pull it off!", Heather said, reassuring Natasha.
    When they arrived in the Monster High attic, Natasha was amazed by how colorful everything was. As they wondered the hallways on the way to the graveyard, Natasha had to admit that these monsters looked very real.
    A beautiful Egyptian ghoul with long lapis lazuli blue hair and wearing a lot of gold jewelry even said hi to Heather, as if she recognized her.
    "Oh, hi Cleo. I'm just showing my friend, Natasha, around the school real quick. Don't worry, she's harmless.", Heather said.
    "That's Cleo, the Twins' new friend? She looks super rich! No wonder the Twins like her so much! I always sensed that they had a thing for rich people.", Natasha said, as soon they were out of earshot of Cleo. Heather nodded in agreement.
    As soon as they exited the school building, the view of the school at night took Natasha's breath away. The school was an impressive, castle-like structure, like somewhere Dracula would live. The moon was almost a full moon and the sky was full of stars that night.
    Heather was suddenly nervous. Here she was, alone with Natasha in another dimension, where none of their fellow freshmen could evesdrop on them. She couldn't help but blush as she held Natasha's pale, delicate hand in hers, trying not to stab her friend with her sharp, black nails.
    Natasha then noticed Heather blushing as she smiled at her. "Heather. Is there something you want to tell me?", Natasha asked.
    "I admit it. I really like you, Natasha, like as more than just a friend. Being around you makes me really happy, and I just want to be there for you and protect you.", Heather admitted, blushing like crazy now.
    "Well, I like you too, Heather. And I have to admit that you are a million times better than my Ex.", and with that, Natasha gave Heather a little kiss on the cheek. They then embraced for who knew how long, not wanting to let each other out of their arms.
    Realizing how late it was, they decided to head back to the Monster High attic and get back to Shadow High.

    As soon as they got back through the portal to Shadow High, the Twins and Demi were looking at them, smiling. Heather and Natasha then realized that they were still holding hands and quickly let go of each other in embarassment.
    "So, how was it? Wasn't it interesting?", Naomi asked Natasha. Natasha nodded. Soon, everyone headed back to their dorms, exhausted from the meeting.
    Back in their dorm, Heather and Natasha didn't tell their other roommates, Luna and Shanelle, that they had finally confessed their feelings for each other, as they wanted to keep it secret for now.