Chapter 5: What Demi Found and Planning

    As Demi exited the portal back on the Shadow High side, she could feel everyone's eyes on her. The Storm Twins were sitting on the couch in the corner of the attic, their phones out. From what Demi could figure out from their expressions before they realized she was back, they were probably trolling the Devious Twins on their Instagram page again. Heather was sitting on an armchair somewhere else in the room, probably working on a presentation of the pictures that Demi had sent her on her laptop that she always kept with her.
    "So, did you get the maps?", Heather asked.
    "They're right here. And I can show you guys the pictures I took as well. Heather, can you prepare the projector and a presentation of the pictures?", Demi asked.
    "I'm already working on it.", Heather said.
Heather nodded as she worked on preparing the slideshow of pictures on her laptop, fascinated by everything she was seeing in them. As someone who loved horror and monster movies, this school looked like an absolute paradise to her. She didn't even mind the brighter color scheme and she was enjoying trying to guess all the monster species she saw depicted in the pictures.
    As soon as she began the Slideshow on the projector though, the Twins began to laugh a bit.
    "What is so funny about this to you?", Demi asked, annoyed by their rude reaction.
    "Did you see their outfits?! They look so bad. I have never seen anything so garish and horribly bright in my life! And that one werewolf, why overalls?!", Naomi asked.
    "I know. Their outfits are terrible.", Veronica added sarcastically.
    Demi sighed, "Look Naomi, Veronica, not everyone is as rich as you two are. Not everyone wears designer clothes everywhere they go or has good fashion sense like you two do. And Monster High is a normal, elite boarding school for literal monsters, not an Art High School full of rich people. You two really have to get out more."
    "Look, we won't do that on the other side of the portal, okay? We were just joking.", Naomi spoke for both her and Veronica.
Demi just nodded, not fully believing them, and she continued to explain what everything in the pictures was and the Monster High puns to the others.
    Soon they got to the last picture, the selfie that Demi and Draculaura had secretly taken together by the Admissions Office.
    "Is that Draculaura? She doesn't look very much like how you described her.", Heather said.
    Demi nodded and explained, "This Draculaura is a different one from the original version of my world and the 2016 reboot, therefore proving that another reboot has happened to alter her appearance and psyche. Yet, I could sense something else when I was there, like I could hear my Draculaura's voice calling out to me from the Catacombs. But maybe that was just my imagination."
    "So, what do we do now? We get it. Your portal works. What's in it for us?", the Twins asked simultaneously.
    "A healthy escape from your creepy obsession with beating Rainbow High. A new school to explore with no Holly and Laurel in sight. And the rare chance to experience dimensional travel that most people never get to experience.", Demi replied, getting fed up with how rude the Twins were being.
    "So, when can we go in? You know we have modeling in the afternoon all week so we have to work around that.", Naomi said.
    "And we need to come up with a clear schedule for who goes in and who monitors the portal. We need to keep this under control. The portal project is also under strict confidentiality and none of us can tell the rest of the Shadow High student body about it.", Veronica added.
    The four girls nodded in agreement.
    "We go at night if we need to or in the afternoons when we are avaliable, but never in the morning or during our school hours. We can hide the blood cooler in the secret compartment behind the old bookcase at the back of the attic, and we should make a schedule ahead of time.", Demi said.
    Heather then began to make the portal schedule for the next two months on her laptop, Demi getting the most days, of course. For the Twins' schedule, she made sure that it was always in the afternoon on weekends where they weren't busy, and did not fall on any long, important, modeling days for them, as their manager was very strict and did not tolerate absences or lateness very well. For herself, her schedule aligned more with both Demi's and the Twins' and she would monitor the portal when the others went in. It gave her a place to do her schoolwork and hacking work from her laptop in peace anyways.
    After the long afternoon of dimensional travel and planning the schedule, the girls finally disbanded and returned to their dorms, agreeing to meet twice a week to discuss anything regarding the portal project.