Chapter 19: Welcome Home Elissabat.

    That Friday afternoon, Demi gave one last look at the Shadow High attic before going through the Mirror Portal to Monster High. In her backpack was the box of candles, a lighter, a piece of notebook paper with a detailed sketch of the original Monster High Skullette, a flashlight, and Astronova's journal bookmarked at the page detailing the Midnight Portal Ritual.
    As she wandered the Monster High hallways, Draculaura noticed her though.
    "Where are you going? I know that the entrance to the Catacombs is in the graveyard, and with all that talk of portals the other day, I can't help but wonder if you actually went down there.", Draculaura said curiously.
    "Well, I did and I lost a special pendant down there. I know where it is and I'm going back in to get it.", Demi lied.
    "Well, since my ghoulfriends are busy right now, I'll help you. My ghoulfriends and I have been down there too before, you know. Just don't tell Bloodgood.", Draculaura said.

    As Demi wondered into the Catacombs with reboot Draculaura, HER Draculaura's voice rang in her ears. It was overwhelming at this point, as if her Draculaura were right there with her, leading her somewhere only she knew the way.
    "Are you sure you know where your going?", reboot Draculaura asked, noting Elissabat's trance-like state. Elissabat just nodded at her and continued on into the Catacombs, using her flashlight and the direction of HER Draculaura's voice to guide her.
     After hours of walking, reboot Draculaura was starting to get tired, "Look, I'm sorry that we couldn't find your pendant, but I have to head back to the surface now. I have a big presentation due tomorrow and I have to work on it. And don't enter the abandoned part of the Catacombs, its very dangerous. Many ghouls and mansters have gone missing there..."
    Elissabat gave Draculaura a look, but she was clearly looking past her, completely stuck in that scary, trance-like state. And with that, reboot Draculaura turned into a bat and flew right out of the Catacombs. This wasn't good. She was going to tell Headless Headmistress Bloodgood. Elissabat clearly needed help.
    As Demi wondered into the forbidden, abandoned part of the Catacombs, she could hear HER Draculaura's voice even more clearly, guiding her every step. After walking past many piles of fallen stone, she finally saw it: the original mirror portal, the very one that C.A. Cupid had used to transfer to Ever After High all those decades ago.
    Reflected in its surface was her Draculaura, with her black ponytails with pink streaks and her gleaming, white safety pin earrings. Elissabat was schocked. She had heard rumors of Monster High being a multiverse, but until now, she had no idea that it was actually true.
    As Demi carefully set out the candles for the Midnight Portal Ritual, her Draculaura watched her from the mirror's surface, her lavender eyes completely focused on Demi.
    Just before 12:00 AM, Demi put the drawing of the Skullette inside the circle of candles, lit the candles one by one, and began to chant the very chant that she had memorized over the past two nights, three times in perfect succession.
     In front of her, the portal activated for the first time in decades, its dusty, reflective surface being replaced with green and purple mist.

    "You had no idea how many decades I have waited for you to return to me, but I'm so happy to see you again, Elissabat.", her Draculaura said through the mirror, tears streaming down her cheeks, as she reached through the mirror and pulled Elissabat in, embracing her and never wanting to let go.
    "How are you still alive? How is this even real?", Elissabat asked, tears of joy starting to flow from her eyes, smudging her eye makeup a but.
    "Its a multiverse now. Our dimension, our school, is safe now. The Mattel gods spared it from oblivion."
    And with that, Draculaura reached her hand out and Elissabat took it and let her lead her through the green and purple mist. As she was lead through the portal, she felt like she was going home, like she was going back where she belonged.
    She also felt her memory being completely reset, as she forgot all about Shadow High and anyone who went there. It was as if the memories of her time at Shadow High and the Monster High Gen 3 dimension were vanishing from her mind as if they had never existed in the first place. What was Shadow High even, who were those mysterious evil vampire twins and their greyscale friend that she saw in her mind's eye before the image mysteriously vanished? Before she knew it, she was home, back in her original dimension, surrounded by Draculaura and her friends.

    The mysterious mirror didn't show her or Draculaura's reflections, and its beautiful silver frame gleamed in the light of the Monster High hallway. She couldn't help but wonder what could be behind it though, if there was even a portal there to begin with. But there couldn't be anything behind it. That would be absolutely ridiculous. It was just a normal standing mirror.
    "You look tired ghoul, do you want to go to the Coffin Bean?", Draculaura asked, with her obvious Transylvanian accent and the sweetest, kindest voice, as she fixed Elissabat, her cousin, with her beautiful lavender eyes.
    They then went to the Coffin Bean, and Draculaura invited all her beast friends, Clawdeen, Frankie, Lagoona, Cleo, Ghoula, and Draculaura's own boyfriend and Clawdeen's brother, Clawd.
    They all ordered their own favorite monster foods and recounted stories from their years at Monster High. Yet, Elissabat sensed a huge gap in her memories, as if something should be there but wasn't, as if something was erased from her mind by the Mattel gods themselves. She decided to keep this to herself though, as she decided to enjoy her time with her friends rather than overthink about this strange issue going on in her mind that was probably no big deal.
    She knew that she had to head back to Hauntlywood to shoot another movie soon, and she wanted to savor every moment with her friends at Monster High that she could get.