Chapter 4

Third person POV

Looking out into luminous night through the coloured opening Neteyam pondered over today's events as he laid on his Snonivi (hammock). From meeting the young teachers to venturing the underwater scenes, he couldn't help but smile over the new memories.

As he wondered, he became conscious of his hand on his chest, he raised his hand in front of him and recalled what had happened between him and Ao'nung. The young Sully remembered how the teal Na'vi reacted when they compared their hands, the look of surprise he had on his face and how slowly it changed into a face of joy from laughter. Neteyam laughed at the memory, still picturing the teal Na'vis' smiling face in mind, then it occurred to him that light gut feeling settling in. He felt his heart beating fast then bringing his hand to his chest thus he closed his eyes and tried to calm his heart till he heard screeches. 

Through the coloured opening, he opened his eyes to see a group of Riti (sting-bats) in the sky flying by and fighting, seeing such a familiar sight he suddenly felt homesick. These creatures use to be seen back at his home. He and his siblings used to play with them and get in trouble because it would chase them. Lo'ak got stung by them a couple of times, and his blue skin would be a bump and be an ugly purple shade. 

Neteyam took a trip down memory lane that night, remembering the laughs, epiphany and cringe memories as well as embarrassing ones. Feeling like he won't be able to sleep, he sat up, then looked at his hand and remembered the foreign feeling from earlier when he thought of a certain teal Na'vi. It seems that he has an idea of what the feeling might be so he stood up abruptly and  stated doing random stretching poses but he couldn't shake off the feeling, so he decided to go into the main room of his home just to see his mama up cooking something by the fire.

Neytiri heard movement and glanced to its direction just to see her eldest  coming into the main room,

"Neteyam, still up?" she asked.

"Yeah, Mama. couldn't sleep. For dad?" he replied.

"Yeah, he is still out training,"  

Neytiri smiled at her son and gestured at him to sit by her. They sat in a comforting silence while Neteyam patiently waited for his mother to finish cooking. When she was done, Neteyam helped her put the food away nicely. After that, they went by the main entrance and sat , Neteyam, at the front, sitting  in a folded legs position while Neytiri behind him sitting on her knees.

Neytiri then reached out to tidy her sons braids, Neteyam just sat stil, and he felt like a child again, and he smiled at the thought. Likewise, for Neytiri, this moment was a common bonding moment between the mother and son,

"So Teyam, what is bothering you ? my little warrior,"  she spoke as she worked on his hair.

Smiling at the nickname, Neteyam let out heavy breath and turned slowly to face his mother, Neytiri stopped braiding and looks at him waiting for an answer.

"Mama, how did you decide on your mate? with dad, i mean. How did you know it was him?" asked Neteyam.

Neytiri was caught by surprise by his question. In front of her eyes, it seemed like her baby was growing up fast. She narrowed her eyes teasingly and smiled at him, replying,

"It seems like someone has already caught my little warriors attention,"

Embarrassed, Neteyam groaned, "Mama,"

Neytiri chuckled at her sons cute behaviour,

"OK, ok, sit properly. I'm still tightening your braids," ushered Neytiri, and Neteyam just obediently complied.