]Chapter 8[

Third Person POV.

They got off in shallow waters as it was the limit for their Ilus and walked on to the sandy shores

 for the declaration of winner for the bet. Aonung threw his pouch over his shoulder and marched off to the  shore while exaggerating his shoulder movements so that his fishing pouch could swing sideways as if to show off to the lean Na'vi behind him. Neteyam witnessing this, laughed at the teal Na'vis funny march which also looked  cute. It was obvious to him that the other thinks that he has won this bet.

Aonung dropped his fishing pouch on the  sand and turned to the lean Na'vi with expectations, but he was surprised to see Neteyam taking off the saddle of the Ilu,

"What are you doing?" said Aonung wearing an expression of question, till he saw the other shift the saddle to his shoulder when he saw the Ilu pouch bloated. His mind raced in thoughts hoping that what he was seeing isn't what he think it was but to his dismay Neteyam bought the saddle opening the bloated pouch to reveal  freshly caught fish. Some of the fishes were still wobbling in the pouch so the lean Na'vi decided to pour the catch out and crouched down to do away the fishes life with his dagger.

Neteyam pretended to forget about the bet and just focused on the fishes while the shocked Na'vi stood watching in shock and with both hands on his head in disbelief of what's in front of him. Aonung kept looking between his pouch and the mountain of fish that Neteyam had with his mouth agape, flabbergasted, clearly knowing who has won this bet. The shock expression that he held slowly morphed into a scowl, Neteyam glanced at him and held in his laughter cause he was still pretending to be unaware of everything. The crouching Na'vi pretended to gasp as if to remember something and looked at Aonung,

"Oh, i forgot you were standing there. Where is your catch? aren't we suppose to compare them now?" said Neteyam mockingly, Aonung hissed in frustration and threw his hands in the air. That was it for Neteyam his laughter fell through, he was watching everything Aonung had been doing earlier, his happy mood and how it all turned sour, it was such sight. From his gestures to his small pout, he just had to do it, it to much for him to handle so he laughed his bottoms off till his stomach hurts from it. 

Aonung on the other hand wasn't having it, he stood with crossed arms and glared at a laughing Neteyam sprawled on the sand. Just when Neteyam had finally recovered from the laugh and tried to stand up, he saw the way Aonung was standing with his arms crossed and fell back to the ground laughing. Aonung just felt the need to give up cause he knew the Na'vi  can't be stopped, so he walked away  and bought his pouch of fish, and poured it on Neteyams catch. After that he went towards a near by bush, cut out some large heart shaped leaves and he carried them to the ocean for cleaning. When he returned he sat down with them and placed the gutted fish on one leaf and the other ones on the other leaf. 

The Teal Na'vi gutted the fish in defeating silence while Neteyam had his fill in laughter and victory. Soon his laughter came to an end and he joined in gutting the fish but once in a while he would glance at the other and chuckle softly remembering the past moment. 

At one point Aonung caught Neteyams glance and a smile crawled up on both their faces,

"Damn, i thought i was gonna win that bet," said Aonung looking back at the fish in hand gutting it and still carrying a smile from earlier,

"Well, the future is something unpredictable my FRIEND," replied Neteyam as he bumped his shoulder on Aonung playfully. Aonung jokingly glared at Neteyam making him laugh again, the sound of his laugh became a different experience for the Teal Na'vi now. Earlier the suitable term for his laugh was annoying but now it was very pleasant to listen to. When he looked at the lean Na'vi laughing, he noticed how his face cheeks would lift up in happiness and his chartreuse yellow eyes would shimmer in joy so he just let  Neteyam laugh with no intentions of stopping him. The fish gutting continued in a now comforting and foreign feeling atmosphere.