}Chapter 23{

No ones POV.

Inside the pod was quite with only the sound of breathing filling the air, the two siblings sat a distance from the respected person who laid eyes closed. Aonung had just been staring at the latter's face occasionally his eyes would steal glances at his chest, and this made bile rise from his stomach but he managed to calm himself, shifting his view he remain fixated at his face.

Aonung looked to Neytiri as if asking for permission and she nodded in agreement, as he was about to move his brother stopped him,

"Let me go first, so you can have alone time with him after," he said. Aonung just nodded and looked back the sleeping Na'vi, his brother came forth and sat by Neteyam. He reached out to his face, caressing his face with affection and he leaned into his head. Their foreheads touched then he muttered inaudible words with tears falling, the later regained his composure and he parted from him. Lu'a sat, looked to his brother then he moved to him and as he reached him, he touched his shoulder squeezing it and left the pod.

Aonung took second to gather himself as he prepared to move closer to the fallen fella. He looked at Neytiri once more, she looked back at him with a very sympathy and affectionate expression held by her tribal painted face of black and white. Aonung swallowed the threatening emotions preparing to slip up, so he gathered his remaining strength and shifted his attention back to his sleeping lover. 

'Strange,' Aonung suddenly thought as he faced his lover. 

Aonung touched his face, and begin to caress the outline shape of his eyes to  his cheeks. Numb to the feeling he didn't realize the tears slowly falling from his face. It was odd, his skin felt cold to touch, there was not warmth to it. Aonungs eyes squinted in confusion,

"Are you cold Ma'Atan?" he asked, then he turned to Neytiri and asked her for a blanket. The huntress kindly compelled. Coming to sit on the other end of her son side, with a blanket in hand she helped the teal Na'vi tuck the latter in.

"There, so you won't grow cold," he said softly, Neytiri reached to Aonungs hands and squeezed it. Aonung tearfully nodded as it is time but before he stood to leave, he took the flower he bought in and tucked on his ear. Aonung took one last look at his  face, then he leaned and kissed his face tenderly then to one eye to the other to his cheeks, mouth and lastly he kissed forehead earnestly with tears rolling uncontrollably.

"Ma'Atan, Kiyevame (I will see you again soon) ," whispered Aonung as he bid farewell to his lover. The Na'vi stood up and calmly went out of the pod greeting his waiting brother the two stood there and Neytiri also exited the pod, she calling her family by for the the commence of the ritual of Neteyams laying. 

The whole village was notified of its beginning and they all came out to sea, hair loosen, attire changed, some with torches for the journey through the caves.  

From a distanced he watched the Sully family gather around as they lay Neteyam on the farewell carrier filled with flowers hand picked by the ladies and elders of the clan. Seeing this and being by this both the family and Aonung felt a shift in their hearts as they know that the time to say goodbye physically is very much ending. 

Some with torches in hand others with none, we all glided over the waters to the ancestral cave where our forefathers lay. Soft tunes sang by two elders echoed in the hollow cave, but later a new yet familiar voice was heard, it was Neytiri. The huntress was singing with a voice full of emotions and a song telling a tale of young Na'vi.

The closer we came to the space of the burial my father came forth to halt the family then he came front to start the ceremony. A ritual dance was done for the family to honor the young warrior then after everyone cleared themselves from the front and father went to the family of the deceased and spoke to parents.

The Sully family all moved together to the resting area for the farewell, by this time I was already by my sister and Rotxo's side hugging my sister for comfort. We were crying from the journey but as we saw the family descend into the waters with the body we felt our hearts ache collectively and we wept harder.

************************************************************

 As the burial ended Aonung detached himself from the gathering and went to a place only familiar to him. On the sandy beach he sat hugging his legs with eyes only at the horizon watching the moons and the sun setting. The winds that blew by whispered in to his ears and as he closed them for a moment he could hear his voice,

(+Chapter 8 memory+)

"You Shxawng!*laughter* like this,"

"I win the bet,"

"Damn, i thought i was gonna win that bet," said Aonung looking back at the fish in hand gutting it and still carrying a smile from earlier,

"Well, the future is something unpredictable my FRIEND," replied Neteyam as he bumped his shoulder on Aonung playfully. Aonung jokingly glared at Neteyam making him laugh again, the sound of his laugh became a different experience for the Teal Na'vi now. Earlier the suitable term for his laugh was annoying but now it was very pleasant to listen to. When he looked at the lean Na'vi laughing, he noticed how his face cheeks would lift up in happiness and his chartreuse yellow eyes would shimmer in joy so he just let Neteyam laugh with no intentions of stopping him. The fish gutting continued in a now comforting and foreign feeling atmosphere.

=

"This taste so good,"

Aonung eyes widen upon eating the food and quickly munched down the fish. Once the two had finished eating they discarded everything and prepared themselves to go back to the hunters randevu,

"Hey, why don't we come back here tomorrow and explore the jungle?" said Neteyam as they mount themselves on to their Ilus.

"UMMM," Aonung heard this and looked at him and pretended to be take his time thinking as he didn't want the latter to think that he was eager and happy to asked because he also wanted to venture the jungle with him.

Neteyam misunderstood and thought that he was gonna reject him so quickly replied,

" I'll use my first wish! i humbly ask of you Aonung to join me venturing the jungles tomorrow," the hunting today was filled with some much fun and he very much enjoyed Aonung being with him, his presence was something calming and attractive to him so he wants to get closer to him.

Aonung exterior reaction looked unbothered and he replied,

"Well, a warrior must always keep their promises. Since your using you wish i have no choice," like that the teal Na'vi agreed and truthfully he was jumping in joy inside. The two youngest subtly turned to away from each other and smiled then looked back forward pretending like nothing happened.

"Race you back?" challenged Neteyam.

"Oh bring it on Yamyam," Aonung replied as descends into the waters speeding away from Neteyam.

Aonung smiled at the memory and despite his eyes being closed the tears fell freely.

He didn't know how long he sat there but the cries of the Ritis overhead bought him back tot his senses and it was then that the Teal Na'vi realize how dark it was. So he stood abruptly and left to the village.

Upon his return, the village was back to how it was expect with a abnormal peacefulness. It was quite yet heavy, some were still in burial clothing and were rushing by to their doings. Aonung got closer to the ledge and climbed on to the pathway which led him to his pod, everyone that past him greeted him and all he could give was a silent nod with no eye contact.

+ 3 + weeks+ later +

==========================================================================

Laters and Happy  new and merry Christmas in advance <3.