Chapter 3

I circled around to make sure I was seeing this clearly. 'Is it even alive? Should have seen me by now and it should be running.' Landing , it didn't even flinch. Walking closer to it, we just seemed to study each other. Upon closer examination, I realized it's a male human hatchling which looked like it had been abused by it's parents. He had cuts and bruises, his soft scales, which I later learned is called 'clothes' were ripped and torn. His golden-brown head fur was sticking up every which way. 'What if this is a trap?' I kept thinking. 'There could be more of them hiding and waiting to ambush me.'
A quick sniff of the air revealed he is alone, much like my self. "Hatchling..." I began, then froze, wondering if it even understands me. They should understand the old language, right? Us dragons were living here before they came. There even was an alliance between us, with them believing our moods affected the weather. They would sacrifice there own daughters to please the old dragon kind, before one in particular decided one daughter once a year wasn't enough and went and destroyed the villages before being slain, but any dragon dark enough, his spirit would latch on to him (or her) altering their appearance to resemble him and tripling there size. Which sounds like someone I grew up living with, which was not fair. He had killed three more siblings, leaving I, Silverflame, and Grentrok, the only two surviving of his hatchlings. I was interrupted from my thoughts by a small barely audible voice saying, "What? Hatchling?" Looking down I had noticed it was actually standing up and looking up at me. "You are small enough, so in my eyes that makes you a hatchling." "I am twenty-four..." "Twenty-four is still hatchling age." I interrupted. "You won't even reach teen stage til you are 150 years of age." He looked like he was ready to shoot sparks. "I will never reach that age!" "You don't know that, they say people who come in contact with a dragon have longer lives, though I have yet to test that theory." I said. "Now , what on earth did your parents do to you??" I growled. "That wasn't my parents, that was my master. He killed my parents and took me hostage and did... things..." He said looking down at the ground.