Chapter 21

Silverflame POV
I flew back hastily dreading what he was going to do to me. Maybe he would end it quickly. I could tell him real fast my one weakness, while regenerating, he could stab the one vulnerable spot, the spot between foreleg and body, and I would die. He could go back a hero, having slain a dragon, become a king, have all the mates he could possibly dream of... except it wouldn't be me, the one who messed his life up. I dreaded glancing down at the waterfall clearing, but forced myself to do it. There he stood, glancing up at me, and it looked like he had been crying his heart out. I quickly pushed the feeling of having hurt him out of the way, landing and keeping my head down, which to me was strange... a dragon is taught to NEVER show weakness, and here I was head low like a hatchling caught by it's parent and getting a scolding. I lay down and rolled over exposing my stomach to him, waiting for that small pocket knife thing to pierce me, but it never did.
I cracked open my left eye, viewing him upside down. He had a look of surprise on his face at my actions. Here I, the clearly dominant side was, laying on my back with my under side exposed, welcoming death from him. "S-Silver, I would never..." He choked out, tears building up in his eyes, and slowly streaming down his pale cheeks as full realization hit him, at what I was trying to tell him. I snapped my eyes shut, not accepting his words, stubbornness kicking in. The Drowner of Pigs, shrugging it off like it was nothing, could never kill a dragon?? He's bluffing... I thought, staying in my position. He had to have been the one saving me from my own tyrannical father, yet here he was not going to kill me as well? Why not get it over with?? He did say he would kill me over and over infinity times over... "Silverflame?" His voice squeaked, rather close to my ear. I snapped my eye open, and looked at him. Noticing it got my attention, momentarily, he said my name again, only much louder. "Silverflame." He seemed to be getting over his crying, cause his voice started sounding stronger and more like his usual voice. Seeing as I had shut my eye again, I didn't realize he had maneuvered directly in front of my eye, until his arousal scent hit me. "Silverflame, I know how to make you feel better." His voice carried to my ears, sounding like music. My eyes snapped open in a flash, and I inhaled quite long taking in his scent. "I think I'm ready now." He said, beginning to remove his clothing, in the open...
----
End Book One.