Chapter 8

Felyx's POV
He lay there motionless. His silver fur was drenched. I slowly and tentatively had walked up to him, feeling as if we were connected. I sat close to him and he didn't even move. Pushing back my fear, I began rubbing his head down to the base of his tail. I had only just started petting him, when his tail began wagging slightly as if he were actually enjoying it. His fur was drying pretty quickly, must be the dragon fire burning in him. In around five minutes his fur was dry and soft. He sat up, scaring the fire out of me. I jumped, letting out a small yelp of surprise. He looked at me with this wolffish grin on his face, flicking his ears. 'wonder if he can shift to human form?' I asked myself, watching him wriggle into the hidden cavern. By the time I had crawled through, he was already in dragon form, stretching his wings in what looked like relief, mixed with pride. "Wingless creatures... how can they stand it?" He said to himself, gazing around the cavern. "This is perfect. The only problem is the entrance is too small." He took his claws and was about to make it bigger, before I leaped in the way, hoping to whatever is watching us up in the sky or wherever would keep him from killing me. "Wait!" I shouted. He froze staring at me. "Can you shift human? Then we can keep your lair hidden."